Reviews for Sense Datum
The Only Princess chapter 3 . 2/19/2011
"I'd rather share a bed with you than Mist."

...Yeah, somethings get just that obvious!
SIGF chapter 5 . 3/8/2009
I just love how you write. It's hard to explain exactly what it is, but it's just throwing in some simple yet genius phrases such as "training his stomach to be a silver weapon" and things like that.

I am partial to Mist/Boyd stuff so I particularly loved this chapter, but I went back and read the rest, and they're all great just because of how you write. Great stuff! I hope to see more.
Azalee chapter 2 . 12/26/2008
Ooh, the irony of this blows me, I never truly realized that it all came down to this : Ena trying to free Rajaion by fighting the kid he let himself be imprisoned for. Hee, irony indeed.

Amazing, and very sweet, you managed to give Rajaion a life, a presence. x3
Xirysa chapter 5 . 10/31/2008
(Eep, I realized that on my last review I used the wrong tense when writing the French...)

I am an Ilyana IRL. No lie. I'm 5'8" and weigh 103 lbs and eat like there's no tomorrow. Bad, huh?

I like Oscar. He's maybe my favorite out of the three brothers, although it's a close tie. I'm the eldest of three sisters though, so... Maybe I'm partial? [shot]

Taste is always the hard one, eh? Anyway, I love how you once again used that amazing style of yours, but now for something sillier and cuter-very nice! And I'd write a better review, but my mom's yelling at me to go to bed, so I must comply.

Just wanted to thank you once more for entering, and with such a lovely entry to boot! Thanks so much, and I hope to see more stuff from you in the future!

Keep writing!

Xirysa chapter 4 . 10/31/2008
Personally, I love the title of this chapter. I don't know, but something about the word "ash" always gets to me... [gets bopped on head by flying Pokeball] Owwie...

Anyway, more yaoi! Honestly, you're one of the first people I've seen who has used it in their 'fic. So kudos for that!

Reyson is probably one of my favorite of the girly men of the FE world in its entirity. No lie. And Tibarn is just a beast.

Once again, you did a wonderful job of writing this and now I'm mentally shaking a fist at you for making this harder to judge. [mentally shakes fist at you]

Je suis allee a chaptre cinq... Excuse my atrocious grammar; I'm too lazy to put in correct accents and the like.

Xirysa chapter 3 . 10/31/2008
I confess to housing a yaoi fangirl within. It hasn't been to rampant as of late (compared to maybe a year and a half or so ago) but... I miss reading good stuff.

Soren. Now that's one little emo boy I know (and love). I actually based part of my Halloween costume this year on him.

And Ike... Aww, how can one not love Ike? Hehe.

[...feeling of food on his tongue, in his mouth. Taste.] Normally, the only qualm I'd have with this would be saying the actual sense used, but for this case... I think it fits perfectly.

I'm sorry that I'm incapable of forming anything else in this review that sounds relatively coherent...

Tally ho! Chapter four!

Xirysa chapter 2 . 10/31/2008
Once again, I blame my paucity of knowledge about FE9 and FE10 for this craptastic review.

And yet again, I really do have to mention the individuality of your writing, and how you use it to differentiate between characters at the same time. That's a very good skill to have!

Uhm... As far as critique goes... Well, I'd say some parts sounded a bit run-on (but I'm running on a total of 3 hours of sleep here, so maybe that's why) and awkward, but very good tone over all! And now I sound like my band director...

Good job on pulling the sense through for this, I thought.

To chapter 3 I go!

Xirysa chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
First, I must thank you for participating in this contest, and on such a short time schedule, too!

Second, I must apologize for not reviewing this sooner: I had many AP tests in school today that I needed to study for. Add the fact that today is Halloween, and... Yeah.

Third, I must apologize again because, beyond the basics, I'm not very knowledgable about the FE9/FE10 universes. But with my basic knowledge (and the internet), I hope to appreciate this to its fullest capacity.

...Now that my monologing is done, I review!

You have a wonderful writing style, one that is very unique. I honestly have never read anything quite like this, which made it very interesting for me as a reader and as a fellow author. Some points did have awkward wording and phrasings, but on the whole they weren't at all distracting. Although you've finished writing, the only thing I would have to say would be to pull out the sense you're focusing on a bit more.

Onwards I go to the next chapter!

P.S. I love your title. Really, Latin works.
Lady Nightspike chapter 3 . 10/30/2008
This is definitely one of the best FE stories I've read. I loved Ena's part, although the ending with Soren was a bit muddled-I understand what you were trying to do but I think it fell flat, especially in the context. This is my favorite chapter and I think it flows fairly well, although the chapter with Reyson was good too. Not many writers have chosen to explore the Serenes disaster or its aftermath and I think it was an evocative move to pair that with the sense of smell.

This is really good, keep writing! I'd send you a virtual cookie but I'm terrible at baking (hopefully better than Mist. I've got to be better than her...)
Starlight Lady chapter 5 . 10/30/2008
Gah. I've been stalking your work because it's lovely. The Ena and Rajaion one is really, really good. It's my favorite of these.

"The sound of that roar had ripped through her consciousness. It was a call of pain, through the fog of the madness; a cry of a mate to its loved one, a broken call of her name."

... Because if that line doesn't get you, nothing will. XD

I read it on livejournal but I'm retarded and don't know how to use livejournal. I have one, but yeah... no clue how to use it. Hah. Anyway, this was lovely!