Reviews for Forlorn
Elleth of Mossflower chapter 1 . 6/6/2015
That was just heartpoundingly creepy. I have mixed feelings about it just 'cause it was rather depressing and horrifying. You definitely did a good job of freaking me out, though! :P
Tai'shar Westernesse chapter 1 . 12/6/2014
Oh. My. Goodness.
WOW.
Throughout the entire story, you just get this terrible feeling of impending doom. You KNOW something is going to happen- but what?
I was NOT expecting that!
Your writing is deliciously creepy- from the spiders to the lost boys to the poem- that poem! I love that poem. It's absolutely perfect and fits the tone of the story so well.
Every once in a while on this site you really come across a gem- this is one of those gems. Wonderful job, Levade!
Emily chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
Wow, freaky. I got shivers down my back. Poor kids. Poor Eruenvinyanto. : (
twopoint chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
This was incredible! Tolkien gives us an impression of terrible-ness, of the horrors that stretched across the land, but when I'm reading him I note the horrors academically, from a distance. Your brought them up close and I think it's marvelous (your delivery, not the horrors!) - from the narrator's innocent uncertainty to his companion's reckless bravado. More than a ghost story, it was a Noldor/Vanyan coming of age story with a true glimpse of the horrors seen from a distance in the Silmarilion. Autumn's almost here and this Scorpio is begging for another ghost story from you.
Lillz chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
creepy! beautifully written. rather sad. i feel sorry for the three of them.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
This was so good! Really enjoyed this one shot.