Reviews for Masquerade
IsItDead chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
I love this. It was wonderful. Was the mysterious man who gave Howard the invite Future!Vince?
cinimar chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
Awesome!
curvesforever chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
Awww, they got their happily-sexed-out-forever-after in the end
AlKiMi chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
This was just so perfect.
LaiteuseJoe chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
I honestly cried! Amazing! ;)
NoirXheart chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
Lovely!

loved it!
HalianFromPlanetZork chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
Yet again like all your stories, i loved it. I don't like the thought of Howard being loney. The plot was kind of predictable, but that didn't stop me from enjoyings this.

And that guy that gave Howard the invitation, i did think it could be Vince from the future, but i would like to think otherwise, time travel would somewhat ruin the story. You're just gonna leave us to figure it out aren't you? I bet theres no answer, do YOU even know who he is?
weekendgothgirl chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
I absolutely adore this!

It has a sort of decadent feel to this and made it feel wonderful and rich to read (if that makes sense?)lol.

Brilliant idea setting it as a masquerade ball- I loved it to pieces!

x
RoxxiSanders chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
Genius...simply genius.

Amazing story, wonderfully written and just a lickle bit perfect.

Loved it

xxoxx
Froody chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
So. Good. Absolutely adorable Vince. Loveable bewildered Howard. What a great story! Well done.
SisiDraig chapter 1 . 11/12/2008
The end reminds me of 'An Inspector Calls' - you know, you're never really sure if the inspector was a ghost or real. I really liked it, it just sort of shows that even the cosmos is trying to get Howard and Vince together, and why wouldn't it? They are the perfect couple, especially the way you've written it in this.

I adored this story. I started reading it really late last night and actually had to sneak my laptop into my room so I could finish reading it - and yes, i did get it lots of trouble this morning for doing and yes, I am blaming you. lol.

This was just so perfect, even though I knew that Vince was the man behind the mask, when he was revealed I still gasped. haha. And all the discriptions are just... amazing!

It was just... perfect. I know i've said that twice now but it was and there's no other way of putting it.

Loved it!

Sisi...x
spicemerchant chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
YOUR RIDICULOUS. HOW CAN A STORY POSSIBLY BE THIS GOOD. I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THIS.
BeckyRocks-x chapter 1 . 11/1/2008
Wow that was so good! I'm so glad you're back :)

The beginning made me feel so sorry for Howard, with him remembering how sweet Vince used to be and then the comparison of Vince being a little bastard later on for no apparant reason, and the thing with Howard sitting in alone waiting for small children to knock on his door, bless him.

But wow! I loved the idea of Howard in a suit acting incredibly confident and finally getting the attention he deserves, and the way that he and Vince were instantly attracted to each other, but not even realising that they did actually know each other.

Oh, and the way Howard felt guilty about kissing somebody that he thought wasn't Vince was so sweet, but I was yelling at my laptop for Howard to realise that the man was Vince when he pulled away and said sorry.

The kissing and the morning after was lovely too :)

Oh and by the way, as cheesy as it sounds, I think the person that gave Howard the invitation was some kind of fairy godmother character, y'know becaus he provided Howard with an invitation and even told him where to get a costume :)

xx
Shrink To Be chapter 1 . 11/1/2008
This was fantastic!

*waits impatiently for an update to The Actor's Link...*

:-D
electricskeptic chapter 1 . 11/1/2008
I meant to review this quite late last night, but I couldn't think of anything to say, so I figured I'd leave it till today. Now I still can't think of anything to say that might do it justice, so you're gonna have to put up with me ranting on a bit.

But, sweet lordy, I have missed you. What a way to make your great return to the world of fanfiction.

This was just... gah. I felt so sorry for Howard in the first little bit, and I also wanted to slap Vince just a bit. I thought you got across his sarcastic, cold indifference from season 3 really well. Naboo and Bollo were also brilliantly in character, for such a short appearance. The 'I'm going as a shaman' line cracked me up just a little.

Again, I really pitied Howard when he was at home on 'door-duty', with the kids' mothers treating him like some sad, lonely old guy. His reflections on how all of his hopes and dreams had amounted to nothing were just absolutely heartbreaking, as were his thoughts on Vince and how he'd changed. The way he just pines after him was so sad.

Now, the stranger at the doorway - I didn't know what to make of him. Like other people have said, future-Vince would make sense, but... I don't know. It's just a good thing he appeared to bring Vince and Howard together.

Your descriptions of the new-and-improved Howard in the mirror were just stunning; I could really picture him in my head (and for the record, it was rather a nice picture). The way he suddenly got his confidence and lust for life back was rather adorable.

And, God, the dance scene - I have seen Van Helsing, and that bit of the film is probably my favourite part from the whole movie. The way you described it made everything sound so rich and sumptuous - I almost felt like I was there. Howard getting completely lost in his surroundings and dancing with all those women was rather lovely, and I felt really happy for him, even though obviously none of them were the one he was looking for.

I knew the 'young man' was Vince straight away, but for the longest of times I thought he was in on the whole plan to get Howard to the party. So looking back on it now, knowing that he was just as clueless as Howard, makes their initial moment of instant connection seem so much more poignant and real.

The dancing was really gorgeously written, but the way Howard's thoughts kept drifting back to Vince was both sad and sweet at the same time - it sort of shows how there really is no-one else for him.

Howard being all dominating and kissing Vince up against the door as they went back to the bedroom was really rather hot. I must admit, I have a bit of a 'thing' for dom Howard (yeah, haven't we all?) But again, the more his thoughts kept drifting back to Vince, as he began to feel as though he was doing something wrong and cheating on him, the more bittersweet it became. The final realization that he only wanted to lose his virginity to Vince, even if it meant he couldn't lose it at all, was beautiful and tragic at the same time.

And then, the mutual confessions that they were both in love with their best friends... I think it was at that stage I realized Vince was just as in the dark as Howard. Howard's sudden revelation when he takes off Vince's mask was like one of those movie moments where the whole cinema audience seems to hold in a breath. It was just... I don't even know.

Vince's breakdown and his confession that he had, in fact, always been in love with Howard, were so well written that it made me want to take back all violent thoughts towards him from earlier on, and just hug him to death. And Howard's reaction when he just gathered Vince into his arms and held him was so loving and tender, it was so much more meaningful than any sexual act could be.

And then the descriptions of the sex itself - or the prelude to sex, at any rate - was so beautiful, poetic, almost ethereal. It didn't feel rushed at all, but rather, long and drawn out and sensuous and just... right. I don't really have the words to explain it.

And the ending, of course, was perfect - the use of pet names was so endearing, and Howard getting all embarrassed over Vince praising his 'talents' was utterly adorable. Vince's explanation of how he ended up at the party was oddly hilarious, too. The kind of semi-bantering was lovely, and of course, perfectly in character, and that spooky, Hallowe'en-y twist at the end was just the icing on the cake.

God, I'm sorry, I've pretty much just quoted the whole fic back to you in one giant mountain of squee. I think it's pretty much a given by now that I'm utterly incapable of being succinct when it comes to reviewing your fics.

Basically, this is going right to my favourites, because I love it, and I love you, foreverandeveramen.

-C.V. x