Reviews for Conversations
Patrick chapter 6 . 9/20/2012
Adorable.
IGottaFindYou chapter 6 . 12/5/2011
Tony glares at him. "Another week, cooped up at home with nothing to do? No way."

...Nothing to do? You could find somethin' to do with McGee, couldn't ya?:P:P:)Doesn't have to be sex, but you could do SOMETHING...:P

He knows the sounds Tony makes before a coughing attack, and this is not it. He can tell several other ways Tony's breathing shifts – the most interesting one being when they kiss.

...Well that's just...pure awesome.:):):P

Tony closes the door behind them, and immediately, Tim finds himself pressed against the wall.

...YEAH, baby...!That's what I'm talkin' about...:P:P:)

Tim's body is aching with need, even after just the short, hot kissing.

...Well, then get to it, man!...But be gentle.:P:P:)

"God yes," Tim breathes.

...WOOT!:):):):P

He has no idea how much time has passed since they started, when he collapses, spent, on the mattress. Tony curls up against his side.

...Well, at least they got through it without Tony passing out...:P:)

He wonders what Tony will say if Tim does say the words that a lover should say after sex – three words, which he undoubtedly feels, but it might still be too early.

...SAY IT! SAY IT!

"I love you."

...YES!:):):):):):):):):)

Tony slowly lifts his head up to look at Tim again. "Seriously?"

...hehe...:P:P

Tony's gaze is piercing, but Tim doesn't feel uncomfortable. He gives Tony a small smile. He doesn't mind if Tony doesn't say the words back – it might be far too soon.

...Oh thank God...I was afraid it was gonna get awkward...:P:P

Tim wonders what he will feel the next time Tony puts himself in harm's way. He lives under no pretence that Tony won't do stupid things just because they're together; Tony will still get shot at, and drugged, and kidnapped, and—the list goes on and on.

...and he'll have to be the worried husband - I mean, boyfriend...:P:P:P

"You know," Tony says, bringing Tim out of his thoughts. "I think I do too."

...Awesome.:)

"Oh, you know," Tony says. "Don't make me say it. Not yet."

...Oh, Tony...man - up...:P:P:P

...GREAT STORY!
IGottaFindYou chapter 5 . 12/5/2011
Tim is in the kitchen making coffee when Tony wakes up, padding on bare feet, looking rather frozen in his shirt and the gray sweats he hasn't changed out of since Tim first arrived. Tim is overcome with the need to protect and take care of, and he walks past Tony into the living room and grabs a blanket, which he hands to Tony on his way back.

...so sweet...especially when you consider that, at work, he's the one everybody kinda has to protect, since he's the probie, thus, less experienced.:P:)

Tim glances nervously at Tony. There is a whole host of things he wants to say, and another of things he should say. They aren't necessarily the same things.

...Too true...:P

"Definitely," Tony says, and there is something in his voice that tells Tim that he's just as nervous. Tim just can't figure out if his nervousness is because he likes what happened before, or if it is because he didn't.

...The 'clearing up with communication' - part is always the hardest, isn't it?:P

Tim's heart aches; this shadow of a man isn't the one he is in love with.

...Oh God, that's adorable...:):):):):)

"Do you want me to leave?" he asks, tone as quiet as Tony's.

...Aw...

Tony regards him. "No."

...YES!:D:D:D

"I don't get you, Probie," Tony says suddenly. His eyes are still closed.

...Ah, here we go...:P:)

"I'm awful to you," Tony says, looking away once more. "Just awful. And you're—here. And you kissed me. And I don't get that. I don't get you."

...sweet...and the man does have a point.:P:P

"Gibbs got me through the plague itself," he says. "Made me keep taking each breath, even when they felt like fire and ice all at once. I told you, I didn't think I'd make it."

Tony's words head straight for Tim's heart, and once again, his imagination supplies him with images of what life would be like if he'd been attending Tony's funeral right now, instead of sitting in his living room. His breath catches and he swallows hard.

...Ah, OK...I thought he was gonna be jealous of Gibbs for a second...:P:P It'd be cute if he was, I've never read a fanfic where he was jealous of Gibbs.:P

"And then there was Kate," Tony says. "She was—there. Sat with me. Stayed with me. And Abby, she was there too. And Ducky." Tony pauses. "But you. You. You weren't there. You stayed away."

...Uh oh...sounds like Lucy's got some 'splainin' to do...:P

"I—" Tim starts, but then he changes his mind, and says instead, "You were superman."

...Ooh, good save, Lucy.:):):P

"You and Gibbs," Tim says. "Neither of you can get hurt. You just—bounce back..."

...I've always liked that the two of them have stuff like that in common...:):)

Tony's looking at him, his gaze intense. "Gibbs got me through the plague, but you got me through Bethesda."

...*GIRLY SQUEAL...Again*:P:P:)

Tony leans forwards slightly, still resting against the back of the couch. Tim suddenly realizes that Tony is inching closer and closer to Tim, slowly, as though he's approaching an easily frightened animal.

...Ooh...it's gonna be good, it's gonna be good, I know it...!:P:P:D

"Didn't want to leave," Tim says quietly.

"I'm glad."

...*Squeal*:P:P:P

Tim swallows. "I don't regret kissing you."

Tony smiles, and there is something about it that Tim would label almost dangerous. He's still inching closer.

...DO IT! DO IT!:)

"Yeah, uh, but—um," Tim says, "I don't think we should do this when you have a fever."

Tony stops, and rolls his eyes.

...Oh, COME ON!

...Tony should just respond with, "...And what is it that you think we're going to DO, McGee?":P:P:P

"If you're cold, you should be in bed," Tim says.

...Yes he should be, and you should be with him.:):):)

"Maybe I should call Dr. Pitt."

"Don't you dare," Tony says, glaring.

...Yeah, DON'T YOU DARE!:P:P:P

This, too, is a quick and chaste kiss. Tony isn't up for any more than that, with scarred lungs that need a constant and even supply of air – and still, it's quite possibly the best kiss Tim's ever tasted.

...Yay.:D:D:D

"You kissed me first," Tony reminds him.

"It's contagious," Tim says.

...hehehe...:P

Tony leans against him, head resting on Tim's shoulder. He curls up, long legs up and one arm across Tim's stomach, and Tim can't do anything but love holding Tony.

...Good GOD, that's adorable!:):):)

"Didn't know I had a crush on you," Tony says.

"But you do?" Tim asks.

"Obviously," Tony says. "I don't cuddle with just anyone."

...tee hee...:P:P:)
IGottaFindYou chapter 4 . 12/5/2011
Tim finds Tony sitting on the couch. There is a blanket around his shoulders and he is dressed in grey sweats and an old college t-shirt, but Tim thinks he looks unfairly hot.

...*Laughs Out Loud*:P:P:P

"It's all I've been doing. And Kate's been here, and Ducky's been here – even Gibbs was here, and they're all making me sit and be still, while everyone else does everything for me. Gibbs is doing things for me. Do you realize how wrong that is?"

...The man's got a point, it is pretty weird.:P:P:P

In fact, considering how much of a trouble magnet Tony tends to be, it's amazing that he's reached thirty-seven years of age.

...37? He was 32 in the second half of season 1, so he'd be 33 during the 'SWAK' timeframe.

Tim nods. "Go sit down. I'll be there in a minute."

Tony looks like he's going to argue, but then he seems to realize just how tired he is. "I'll be over there."

...And then the guy in line in front of McGee turns around, and...it's GIBBS!:P:P:P

"Probie?"

Tony's request is quiet and filled with hurt.

"Yeah?"

"Get me home," he says, voice soft but thick with phlegm.

...Our poor guy...:(

Daringly, Tim presses a kiss to Tony's warm temple.

...*GIRLY SQUEAL*

Tony stiffens, and Tim is about to pull away, to deliver some lame excuse as to why he just did what he did, but then Tony relaxes again.

...Disaster AVERTED!:P:)

His breathing is evening out, and after a little longer, it's back to normal, but Tim's hand keeps running up and down his back. Tim wonders if Tony is falling asleep sitting up.

"Tony?" he says quietly.

"Mh-hmm?" Tony mumbles.

"You should lie down," Tim says.

"Mh-hmm," Tony says.

...He ENJOYS it!:):):)

Tim moves to stand, to allow Tony room to get into bed. But Tony holds onto him, one hand suddenly fisting Tony's shirt.

...so sweet.:)

But there is something in his voice, in his body language, that says he's lying. Tim looks at him, searchingly, knowing that if he's getting this wrong, then he'll soon be looking for a new job. He swallows, deciding that it's worth the risk.

...YEAH, BABY!...Careful, though, he's a sick man...you don't wanna end up thinking you're taking advantage of a sick man...:P:P

He bends down, and drops another kiss on Tony's hair.

...While he's AWAKE, no less...! AWESOME!

Tony turns, looking at him. Their faces are close enough to be touching, if either of them moves just a little bit.

"What are you doing?" Tony asks him, again.

...Uh oh...:P:(

Blood rushes through him at a blinding speed, and he looks at Tony, seeing full, inviting lips and wide, beautiful eyes.

He bends his head and his lips meet Tony's briefly.

...SWEET!:)

"Don't worry," Tim says, pulling back, pulling away. "I'll resign. You won't have to deal with me."

He thinks it was still worth it – one kiss from Tony, in exchange for his job; it's a fair trade.

Tony is still staring at him, and he blinks slowly at Tim's words. "What? No—no. No. But—what was that?"

...hehehe...:P:P:P

"Um—uh—well—nurses aren't the only ones who get crushes on you," Tim says.

...YES! CONFESSION TIME!:):):):P

Tony looks at him until his eyes fall shut with sleepiness, and then he snaps them open, not unlike how he did in the hospital when he was trying too hard to stay awake.

"Get in here," he says finally. "I'm too tired to talk about this now."

...HOLY-MOTHER-JESUS-HOT-DAMN!:):):):):):):):):):P

Now it's his turn to shake, as he pulls back the covers and climbs into bed after kicking his shoes off. Tony's bed is wide and comfortable – and Tony himself is warm and perfectly molded to fit against Tim's side, he soon decides. Tony snuggles – snuggles – up to Tim, resting his head on Tim's shoulder and wrapping an arm around Tim's middle.

...so there ya go, Timmy...either he's just easily adaptable to new situations, or your crush isn't so one-sided...either one's possible.:P:P:P
IGottaFindYou chapter 3 . 12/5/2011
"You know," Tony says, "we really should do something ritualistic about my leaving this place. Set it on fire, or something."

"I think that'd be illegal," Tim points out.

"You're probably right," Tony says. "Still."

...I always picture Tony wanting to leave a hospital in a "Days of Thunder" fashion, racing his wheelchair down the hall...:P:P:P

Tony is required to be pushed in a wheelchair to the hospital entrance; his doctors don't want him overexerting himself on their turf.

...What, no Gibbs?

Tim thinks she has a bit of a crush on Tony, and then he thinks that she's not the only one – at which point, he backtracks quickly and ignores his own mind.

...Aw...:):)

"I'm not your date, Probie," he says. "You don't have to hold the door open for me."

"Just get in," Tim says, "before you fall down."

"I'm not falling down," Tony says. "I'm perfectly fine."

"You look like a raccoon," Tim says.

"Hey! I'm sick," Tony says. "Be nice to the sick."

"You just said you were fine, Tony," Tim says, smiling.

...The show would crumble without this banter...:):P

Gibbs has been there to get some of the things currently in the bag, and Tony's cleaning lady has obviously done her job. Gibbs must have paid.

...Aw...He CARES...!:):):):P

"You really are a McMommy, you know that?" Tony asks, without opening his eyes.

Tim's cheeks heat up. "Well, you're, uh, a bratty DiNozzo baby, so that's what you get."

...Oh, Timmy...not one of your best.:P:P

They're both silent for a few moments.

"I'll leave if you want me to," Tim says.

...So sweet...and you can just see the look on McGee's face..prepared for disappointment, but hoping for an invitation.:):P

Tony turns his head slowly to look at Tim. "You like watching me sleep, Probie?"

...*Sing-song Voice* OOH-OOH...!:P:P:P

"Trying to get back to my old, annoying self," Tony says. "Why do you like watching me sleep?"

...God, this is getting good...:):):):P

Tony's face softens. "Thanks, I guess."

...SAVED!:P:P

His words make Tim smile. Then he hesitates for a second before leaning over and pushing a few strands of hair out of Tony's face. It's a risky move, but Tony doesn't react.

...AW...!:):):):)
IGottaFindYou chapter 2 . 12/5/2011
There's still an oxygen cannula running beneath his nose, and an IV drip in his arm, but his eyes are alert when Tim enters.

"Probie!" he says.

...Aw...McGee brightened his day...:):):):P

Tony gives him a once-over. "You've been out playing a real detective, haven't you?"

"Uh, yeah," Tim says. "You were right."

"Of course I was," Tony says. "About what?"

...Oh Tony...:P:P

"How about you manage to stay awake for a whole day, and then I'll start bringing cases for real?" Tim says.

...Ah...the subtle promise of coming back for an extended period of time...:):):):)

"Jock," he says instead, by way of short retribution. It's not a very good comeback.

"Nerd," Tony replies.

"Playboy," Tim says.

"Virgin," Tony grins.

...hehehehehehehe...:P:P:P

"Yeah, boss?" Tony says. It takes a few seconds, but then Tony smiles brilliantly. "Thanks, boss." Another pause, and then, "Yeah, I know."

...Aw...he got a Gibbs-compliment.:):) No doubt followed by a "...but you shouldn't be working.":P

"Good job," Tony grins. "And that if I magically get a hold of another cold case while still on leave, both me and the enabler will be sparring with him without protection."

...Well, I had the gist of it...:P:P:P
IGottaFindYou chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
It has been two days since Tim first came to Bethesda, and Tony is better – at least the doctors are saying he is; Tim has half a mind to doubt it.

...Two days, huh? And Kate had said that he'd be back first thing in the morning, so obviously he stayed through that, too... *Starts Humming "Hopelessly Devoted To You"*:P:P:):):)

"You should go home, Probie."

...Aw...he cares, too.:):)

Tim shakes his head. "I have my laptop, so I can do most of the stuff from here."

Tony gazes at him, and there's something unreadable in his eyes. "Why are you here, McGee?"

...DUNH - DUNH - DUNH...! Can our geeky hero lie his way out of this one?:p

Tim stops trying to form a sentence, and snaps his mouth shut. His thoughts are still running a mile a minute, trying to come up with a good answer, but at least he can stop himself from sounding like a stuttering fool.

Finally, he settles on a quiet, "Just thought you wanted company."

He hopes Tony will accept it.

Tony's eyes are piercing, not unlike Gibbs' intent stare, as he looks at Tim. Tim feels like he's being picked apart from the inside, and he fights the wish to look away. He raises his chin just a smidge, defiantly.

Tony finally nods. "I do. 's nice."

...Our geeky hero SUCCEEDS!:):):P

"Lyndon," Tim says. "But there's nothing new here."

"Can I look?" Tony asks, eyes lighting up like a kid on Christmas.

...Somebody's getting cabin fever...:P:P

Long minutes pass. Tim stands next to Tony, his thoughts running to Hanna Lowell, and all the things he'd like to do to harm her.

...Aw...he wants to kill because he loves so much...:P:)

"You should—talk to the daughter," Tony says, eyes already closed, and if his muffled breathing is anywhere to go on, he's half-asleep.

"The daughter?" Tim echoes, and then he remembers the Lyndon's daughter – she was six at the time of the murder, which meant she was twenty by now.

"Might've seen something—something she didn't want to say back then," Tony says. "And the—sweater. DNA."

...Our guy's so smart, McGee's a genius, but Tony still thinks of things that he doesn't...:):):)

Flipping his laptop open, Tim hopes they'll stay away for a little while longer.

...AW...!:)(that's really annoying isn't it?:P Sorry, sometimes I just don't know what else to say.:P:P)
68luvcarter chapter 6 . 9/10/2011
Loved it.
MarieP chapter 6 . 2/21/2011
This is such a great story...I have read it bunches of times...deserves well over the forty three reviews...thanks for writing such a heartfelt, honest story...well done!
Eminnis chapter 6 . 1/18/2011
Loved this! So fluffy! Sequel to the sequel?

Eminnis
geraldine01 chapter 6 . 10/9/2010
I found your story through a link at ficfinders..someone was looking for a story involving muffins! I just added the link to my "best of the best" folder. (So far I only have one other in there)

There is so much that is right and good, plus you had me crying! Your slow build-up and Tony and Tim's tentative admission of caring and love for each other was wonderful. True to characters, beautifully written, works within the NCIS episode framework...and even more sad knowing what will happen to Kate within a short time.

Great! and I'll rec it, and remember it for more than just muffins.
Doni chapter 6 . 7/17/2010
I really loved this story! Excellent work.
Net Sparrow chapter 6 . 6/13/2010
This sequel was great. How it built up and changed the friendship respectively the working relationship. And yeah, it ended with slash. A really cute ending that Tim knew exactly without Tony having said the 3 words. Excellent written !
happily ever after all chapter 6 . 5/5/2010
This is a super cute story! I think it follows great. It definitely made me smile and laugh. Kudos!

Elle
Sy.P chapter 6 . 3/16/2010
Thats all your fault! xD

I just cant live without them anymore! xD

So lovely!