Reviews for The Middle Ground
sangi chapter 26 . 2/20
This was such a great story. There was a wonderful balance between levity and seriousness without dropping into melodrama, like you wanted. I love your interpretations of all of the characters and think that they fit in very well with canon. I also really enjoyed the Aburame clan and their inner politics. You make me believe that Tenten and Shino would make a perfect couple. Thank you so very much for sharing this wonderful story with us.
sangi chapter 9 . 2/20
So I'm just going along reading this story and then this chapter happens and I'm nearly in tears at work. Just a very beautifully written tale of grief from Shibi's perspective. Really beautiful and wonderful, and touching.
KL2037 chapter 26 . 2/2
How come I haven't reviewed this yet? This was so awesome I will reread it again and again. I read the first chapter a couple of years ago and was put off by the fight scene and then came back again and I'm glad I read it. It was so much fun and very well constructed. Everyone was in character to such extent I think you pull Kishi's characters better than he does. I love it I love it i love it I love it. I'm so happy you're writing a sequel. I know you haven't updated in a while, but I still have hope and it makes so happy!
Ariasujm-chan chapter 26 . 1/28
Sorry porque no podré escribir este review en inglés, pero es que he leído de corrido la historia y ahora no puedo pensar en tratar de traducir lo que quiero decir, así que lo diré en mi idioma y espero que alguien te lo pueda traducir luego.

Debo admitir que soy una ferviente fan del Nejiten, pero después de que el cabrón de Kishimoto lo matará a quedado un profundo hueco en mi corazón, y fue cuando me recomendaron este fic. Al inicio no quería ni verlo, porque creía que era como traicinar a Neji, pero al final decidí con recelo leer el primer capítulo, y una cosa llego a la otra, y cuando me dí cuenta, ya estaba enganchada con la historia... Ahhh a sido un maravilloso viaje!

Ahora gracias a vos, y algunos otros autores, me he enamorado perdidamente de esta pareja. Hasta creo injusto que no sepamos a ciencia cierta con quienes quedaron emparejados (Perdoname si te ofendo, pero odio la unión Lee-Tenten, para mi ellos son como hermanos, así que no los imagino juntos... En cuanto a Neji, pues bueno todavía estoy en duelo! Pero como dije anteriormente, gracias a tu fic puedo ver una vida hermosa entre Shino y Tenten!)

Me quede sorprendida y maravillada en el cómo los emparejaste, es que calzan tan bien... Además que ilustraste el carácter de Shino a la perfección, y eso es una odisea en mi humilde opinión. En cuanto a Tenten, ame el hecho de que rescataras lo importante que puede llegar a ser, lo intuitiva y analítica... No como la mayoría la trata, que es como la "chica con peinado de panda que solo sabe utilizar unas cuantas armas". La expusiste en mi opinión como debió exponerla Kishimoto, como una mujer inteligente, alegre; un personaje fuerte e influyente, y sobre todo, con respeto.

Voy a tener fantasías alocadas imaginando la continuación de esta historia... Y no me pongas a hablar de cómo quede con el capitulo 24, todavía estoy con los ojos como platos de lo bien que escribiste ese encuentro. Eso es lo que yo llamo un encuentro jodidamente erótico, emocional e intimo... y eso que no llegaste a escribir el lemmon! (Por favor escribe un lemmon de estos dos, si sola nos llevaste al borde de aneurisma con dicho capítulo, estoy más que segura que tus fans, incluyéndome, estaríamos más que felices de pagarte por esa historia! :3 )

En fin, espero que tengas un excelente día, muchas buenas vibras en tus proyectos y sueños, y que tienes una fan #1 en Costa Rica!

Como decimos por acá: PURA VIDA!

P.D. If you want to translate this comment, you can do it across the following Web page: www. online-translator. com
Guest chapter 26 . 1/26
Girl you got some AweSome skills to pull off a fanfic with, in my opinion, the most unlikely pairings. I must comment your writing. It certainly kept me very entertained and at the edge of my seat throughout the entire read.
Just slightly disappointed now that it ended. I would hav loved to know what happens next.

Big ups to your fanfic. keep on keeping on.
Unca Bob chapter 26 . 11/27/2014
Good stuff. I liked the progression of events and the relationship,well done and totally avoiding it seeming forced. Excellent work with Shino and the other Aburame's. It's a hard personality type to get right and you nailed it multiple times. The developing interplay between Shino and Tenten was great to watch/read, really enjoyed those interactions.
topnotchjobwithaweirdship/10
fringeperson chapter 26 . 11/20/2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this. There aren't enough fics about the slightly... more obscure? Less popularised? whatever. There aren't enough fics where Shino and/or TenTen are the major features.

And this one? It completely rocks.
Hey chapter 6 . 9/29/2014
This was very good
Drakosis7734 chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
marking this for later reading, just finished first chapter
jf chapter 26 . 8/22/2014
well writing and planed out. i could see a second story to this one and i think it would be just as fun and moving as this one!
they end the movies hear do to the fact that it gives the audience a good happy feeling as well as leaving them wanting more!
SakiXX1 chapter 26 . 7/21/2014
I really love this story. As unlikely as this pairing, I grew to love this couple. It helps through the way you portray the characters as they develop their relationship. I also like how you show what shinobi life entails without being too dark! I am curious as to whether this time period is after when Sasuke ran off to Orchimaru.
Guest chapter 26 . 6/25/2014
I kind of hate the ending. The entire premise of the conversation with shino's elders was 'make babies' and they just flew right over that one. hello, tenten, thats your fucking job. then she'll have to think about time off and if she really wants to be a mother or have someone else always watching the kids (because lets face it, women always have to look after the children). Getting her body back into shape shouldn't be that hard (civilian women do it, a damn shinobi should be able to) but it's stilll a good year she'll be out of duty. I feel like shino is supposed to be analytical and she's practical but they both FLEW over the MOST important ideas when marrying into a clan like that. Children are a given, especially since shino will one day be Kao. Jesus.
Rexnos chapter 26 . 6/14/2014
It's always fun to find a story about characters who don't get their share of the limelight. I think I've read one good fic ever where Shino featured in as a primary character and I'm not sure if I've ever seen Tenten in one. It honestly places the burden on you as the author to bring the reader in. The world might still be the same, but without the usual crowd of characters as the main feature, it changes everything.

You hit the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned. You've got a real knack for giving your characters strong, consistent personalities, which is particularly impressive given Shino's taciturn nature. Jumping between points of view really helped you out and I found myself liking both Shino and Tenten as a result.

You also wrote this story as just the type of story I like: action with a side of romance. I've never been one for full on drama stories as I just get bored halfway through unless there's a seriously good plot distracting me from the obnoxious will-they-won't-they tension. It's always felt particularly out of place in Naruto fan fiction as Ninja seriously shouldn't have time for that shit.

My only real constructive criticism regards dramatic tension and pacing in the story. You external conflict hit its dramatic climax about six or seven chapters ago, when Masaru was caught. The internal conflict of Shino and Tenten's relationship dragged on another seven chapters and although it was still a good read, it lacked the same impact as the rest of the story when the two of them had a background conflict to pit themselves against. If you could have timed the conflict to resolve simultaneously, or maybe even be distinctly related, this story would be one step closer to perfect.

That's my two-cents anyway. All in all I really enjoyed the story and thought you did an excellent job with it. Your characters stood out very distinctly as interesting and unique individuals, and your action scenes were a real cut above.

Later,
Rex
Rexnos chapter 8 . 6/12/2014
This might seem like a dumb thing to point out, but it's impossible to deliver checkmate in chess by moving a piece other than the king while in check. By necessity, if Tenten moved a rook it would have to be moved into the path of the bishop in order to block the check given by Shino. As a result, Shino could take the rook with his bishop, making checkmate impossible.

On another more relevant note, I've found this story rather interesting so far. Part of this is based on the use of two characters who don't get much fic-time, another part is based on the solid writing.

Later,
Rex
Ay chapter 26 . 6/2/2014
WHOOP WHOOP 700! mutha-fuckin' reviews gurl!
674 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »