Reviews for Ultimate Sleepwalker: The New Dreams
T-1000000 chapter 115 . 1/19
A truly bittersweet end. Sleepwalker's gone, Rick and his friends have lost their closest ally, and now there'll be one less superhero in NYC. I feel especially bad for Peter, as he's now lost a fellow superhero and doesn't even know who he was or what happened to him. However, since you're continuing Ultimate Spider Woman, it would be interesting to see how New York's superhero community will function now that Sleepy's no longer around.

A bittersweet yet amazing final issue. It's one that a series like this deserves. So much effort went into this whole series, and now, the book is finally closed in a poignant way. Well done.
T-1000000 chapter 114 . 1/18
Been a while, haven't kept track, though. I think I'll be able to stay around on this site this time; I think.

I saw the last chapter...it's really ended, huh? This chapter/issue here is a great climax. After everything he's been through, after all the suffering he's blamed himself for, after all the laws of his people that he's broken, there wasn't much of a chance for Sleepwalker to survive. But you were able to pull it off, Jared; you gave Sleepy a satisfying death, one that a character as unflinchingly heroic as he deserves. Even after killing Psyko, there was still one last job for him, one final threat that sacrificed himself for. And so it draws to an end.

I'll see if I can review the final chapter/issue on its own merits tomorrow. Then, I'll see about my own stories.
Anonymous chapter 115 . 12/28/2016
I enjoyed this story, even though there were times when I got confused on what was happening. I'm glad Ultimate Spider-Woman is continuing, and I hope to see more from this universe.
Bookworm Gal chapter 115 . 12/29/2016
Thank you for finishing this story. The ending was indeed bittersweet, but satisfying. You are a very talented writers and should feel very proud of your accomplishment.
Bookworm Gal chapter 114 . 10/2/2016
That was dramatic and intense, but amazing. And "final issue"? It is sad to hear that this story truly is winding to an end. It was been a wonderful journey, but all good things must come to an end.
Bookworm Gal chapter 113 . 7/2/2016
An evil presence is lurking in the hearts and minds of men. Something old and cruel is hiding within. I look forward to learning more and seeing our hero face that threat. Fantastic work as usual. Good luck on more soon.
JaredMilne1982 chapter 112 . 5/9/2016
Actually, I've been writing this story for almost a decade, albeit a couple of years before I started posting it to this site.

I know I'm going against tradition by not giving Sleepwalker any new equipment or power increases, and I'm doing it on purpose. I am not fond of the "Sorting Algorithm of Evil", and I am making sure that the villains Sleepwalker encountered at the start of his career remain viable threats all the way through.

Sleepwalker doesn't equip himself with armor in the real world because he can't take anything from the human world back to the Mindscape when Rick wakes up. Any armor he would be wearing would fall off when he faded away, which could be dangerous if he's high up in the air and it suddenly falls. Also, Sleepwalker's hardening materials with his warp vision does not last permanently. The energy wears off after a while, after which Sleepwalker would be wearing a costume of bulky material that doesn't necessarily protect him.

As for the Mindrake, sucking mental energy out of humans like that is something that Sleepwalker would consider an evil act and would never, ever do. There are a couple of occasions when humans have offered Sleepwalker their mental energy, and Sleepy has always balked at the offer. He only agreed to draw on Franklin Richards' energy because he realized he wouldn't be hurting Franklin. With Rick's friends, Sleepwalker explicitly said that drawing on their mental energy would be the opposite of everything he stood for as a Sleepwalker-and they had to persuade him to accept it.
Tepheris chapter 103 . 5/5/2016
Hey, this is ULTIMATE Sleepwalker, right? So why haven't you given Sleepwalker an equipment upgrade yet? Early on in this story you've established Warp Vision can make common materials as durable as Vibranium, why hasn't Sleepwalker taken the time to armor up? Of course, you shouldn't just pull it up out of the blue, Sleepwalker should be up against an especially tough enemy to bust it out. Tony Stark gets a whole new make for his Armor every year, more or less, you've been at this for more than half a decade, you're almost going against tradition by not adding something new to Sleepwalker's arsenal. It doesn't even have to be something completely new, why not dust off some old stuff? At least let him bring in a Mindrake in the human world as a way to subdue some opponents and give himself some access to Mental Energy without having to return to Rick's mind.
Tepheris chapter 100 . 5/2/2016
I like what you did for The Bookworm. He's still paying for his crimes, but you also let him have some peace and break out of the circle of hatred, torment and despair
Tepheris chapter 90 . 5/1/2016
Again, might want to up the rating of this story to M for Mature for language and graphic violence.
Tepheris chapter 88 . 5/1/2016
You know, you might want to consider upping the rating of this story to M if you're going to drop the f-bomb on a somewhat regular basis. There are also some pretty gruesome and graphic scenes. I really don't want to see you get in trouble for that.
Tepheris chapter 87 . 5/1/2016
Man, I just can't stand the gall of people like the Pendletons, the party at fault being allowed to try and act like the one who was wronged. What's this world coming to when judges don't laugh people out of court for trying to sue for getting hurt as a result of someone defending themselves?
Tepheris chapter 65 . 4/30/2016
You came out with a new chapter, awesome! Nice to know that I can look forward to more of this delightful adventure.
Bookworm Gal chapter 112 . 4/30/2016
Sleepwalker survived, even if it was a close one. And he's still divided on the tangle moral issue due to the differences between Sleepwalker and human mindsets. But I'm definitely happy to see a new chapter for this absolutely wonderful story. Great work.
Tepheris chapter 52 . 4/28/2016
I liked the 8-Ball vs Bullseye fight. The 8-Ball's quip about A-List B-List C-List being bull crap made me think of TFS Vegeta's "Power Levels are Bull ****!" Speech. And the trend continues of fanfic authors who make me think of DBZ Abridged having great stories.
I absolutely love how classy and eloquent you've been able to keep Sleepwalker's dialogue. That can't be easy, and you do such a good job it's a crime that reviews aren't pouring in like they do for some atrociously written fics that have hundreds of reviews.
Speaking of which, I'm proud to be able to be Review #100!
I thought for the hundredth review, I'd take a pass on the mass-produced review. So congrats on joining the 100 review mark, it should have happened a loooooong time with such a quality story!