Reviews for Crowning Tristan
Superster chapter 18 . 1/23
Even though it is 6 years old, your story is one of the best I have ever read on this website. Ever. Fantastically, FANTASTICALLY written. And even though it's incomplete I greatly enjoyed your summaries and appendices and the amount of time and detail you put into this world and the characters. I sincerely hope this review reaches you because I really can't describe how much I was impressed, nor how much I enjoyed it. I hope that someday you get work of your own published and you find great success, something I don't doubt would happen should you choose to make authorship your career.
Thank you so much for your time and energy and talent. Please keep up the amazing work!
Dizzy Anderson chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
This stuff is good! I LOVE the way you've used some of the tiny, seemingly insignificant details from the movie (I haven't read the book) and incorporated them into your writing! Of course, it is often difficult to imagine what a character would say, or how they would act, without being completely familiar with thim, but I think you've definitely captured the essence of Victoria's character beautifully in your work.

I can't wait to see where this story is going...
Enz chapter 18 . 10/21/2011
This is the best fanfic I have ever read!
WG chapter 18 . 10/2/2011
I came across this story while casually surfing the net. Started reading it and wow was I hooked! Your writing skills are brilliant and so is your imagination. Honestly speaking, you story is a lot better than most of the published stuff out there. If you aren't already published, you should look into it. You're that good and yes, I do read quite a lot.

About the story itself, it is just spellbinding how you have woven such an intricate tapestry. I just couldn't stop reading! Sure, I love the book and the movie, but the way you put thing, I could just *see* it perfectly fitting into the story. Also, you characterization is spot on. You've just nailed each and every character and made them three dimensional living beings for me. The humor, the sadness, the ever day routine things - everything just had me riveted.

In the end, all I want to say is thank you for this. I truly enjoyed reading each and every chapter and wished that this was longer so I could enjoy reading it for just that much more.

I would love to read more of your work. If you have written anything new, and don't mind sharing it, I can be reached at . As always, do ignore this part if it is a bother. Thanks!
Sarah1281 chapter 15 . 8/21/2011
Well at least Una can fake it well. People are in such awe of her and her miraculous return right now that it won't be difficult for her on that front. I'm glad that merchant wasn't hurt because the mayor didn't believe him and that Dunstan is basically keeping everybody together. I was a little surprised but pleased to see that all of Una's family did love her and tried so hard to find her and that made me a little sad that she had thrown all of that away. I still get why, of course, but still.
Sarah1281 chapter 14 . 8/21/2011
It's good that they're managing to come together as a family. Little Celeste is so adorable. I had actually thought that Tristan would be quickly crowned as well but I guess the two months wait explains why people aren't frantic for a ruler. Who is making the kingly decisions in the meantime? A powerful noble? I wonder what having star blood will mean for the kids? Just longer life and magic? I'm glad they're being open about Yvaine's star status because hiding that would be a pain.
Sarah1281 chapter 13 . 8/21/2011
Having a chapter from someone's point of view always seems to end up humanizing them. From Tristan, Yvaine, and Dunstan's perspectives she really is quite cold and all-knowing but it must be rather a lot to take it suddenly after all those years no longer being a slave and being not only royalty but the higheset authority for the future king. I'm glad that Yvaine managed to comfort her. I'm actually a bit surprised that Sal agreed to let Tristan stay with his father but I suppose that's canon. The Babylon candle is even more surprising. I guess Yvaine's admirerer is just a bit too enthusiastic. I love the thought of Septimus trying to train an assassin-kitty. No one would ever see it coming.
Sarah1281 chapter 12 . 8/21/2011
Corvin's crush was so cute! I'm glad that he also realizes that there's no chance so he's content to admire from afar. That situation with Shakespeare was really intense so I'm glad it seemed to work out okay. And now Una's upset! Was it the way Tristan didn't respond well to her rationality? I know things must work out with Shakespeare eventually because he's at the coronation but I'm not sure how they'll get there. Only four days aboard the ship? Well, I suppose hat if it was only a week until Victoria's birthday...Annoucning to everyone that Yvaine is a star...well, when she doesn't age it will be kind of obvious that something's up.
Sarah1281 chapter 11 . 8/21/2011
Aw, it's really sweet that Captain Shakespeare intervened like that. Although talk about awkward now. I'm glad that Bernard (or whatever his name was) managed to get back alright given that he was dragged all across the country by first the witch and then Septimus. I found Dunstan's inability to just ask to be adorable and was amused by the misunderstanding about the reason Yvaine was glowing. Also interesting was hearing about the progression of names and succession. Will Tristan change his name once he rules? He'd be Primus since he's an only child. And what would his children's names be? Naming them after their birth order is useful for keeping so many characters straight (some not even alive at the time) but it is so impersonal and makes the children sound disposable...which, I suppose, they were.
Sarah1281 chapter 10 . 8/21/2011
It's easy for Tristan to say that now but it will be a great deal harder as everyone he knows starts to die. But then, he and Yvaine leave for the sky before his children die so he's just like a regular grandfather, just not as physically old. So Tristan does desire immortality after all, just not enough to steal someone's heart. I'm glad that secret's out in the open. And poor Tristan! That was one hell of a nightmare. I find it interesting that the sisters weren't bad rulers until the time came that they had to keep themselves alive. I wonder if they ever realized just what they had thrown away. Because, of course, even if they didn't care for their mother it was still a waste in the 'living forever' front.
Sarah1281 chapter 9 . 8/21/2011
Oh, that's horrible! Daughters of a star...but if they wanted immortality so much, why did they stop loving the one who gave it to them? They must have loved her at some point or they wouldn't have stayed young for so long. Now Yvaine has a new thing to worry about: murderous offspring. To think that nobody even noticed that she was dead...
Sarah1281 chapter 8 . 8/21/2011
Yvaine, being naturally surlier than Tristan, might actually have a more difficult adjustment period. Interesting how Tristan offered to give up the throne for her but not to let her out of their engagement. Being stuck in the wall...how novel. I feel sorry for Septimus, too, despite the film giving very little reason for it. He was decent after death? No one seemed to hold much of a grudge after they died. It was like they immediately started rooting for someone else.
Sarah1281 chapter 7 . 8/21/2011
The blue blood is certainly a convenient way of proving royalty. And since only a few women survive here and there and they're at risk once they have sons we know that the ones wiht blue blood must be a part of the main line. I hadn't really thought about his blood color but...yeah. Won't Una be in for a surprise when the cover's already blown. I did like the horrified reaction upon finding out that Tristan was what he claimed to be.
Sarah1281 chapter 6 . 8/21/2011
I do think having a prince murdered in your inn would be a strange thing to advertise but I guess it is memorable. Or, well, would be if the princes' didn't murder each other all the time. I wonder if Tristan and Yvaine will be worried about their own sons turning fratricidal one day. I feel so bad for Yvaine because of the fight she's having with her mother. The moon is being quite unreasonable in refusing to let the other stars have anything to do with Yvaine if nothing else. It's kind of sad that Yvaine didn't even really understand Hatha's mothering.
Sarah1281 chapter 5 . 8/20/2011
I definitely wouldn't have noticed the lack of a ring. I liked the conversation that Yvaine had with her mother and sisters. I wonder what Selena's story is. I like the whole immortality-via-star-love thing the movie had going with it. I do have to think that their children and grandchildren (and they don't leave until the grandchildren are grown) might be a bit put out over the monarch's longevity. I suppose things will get better for Victoria once Tristan's gone. I don't really like OCs but I kind of like Frank, I'll admit.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »