Reviews for Crowning Tristan
Sarah1281 chapter 5 . 8/20/2011
I definitely wouldn't have noticed the lack of a ring. I liked the conversation that Yvaine had with her mother and sisters. I wonder what Selena's story is. I like the whole immortality-via-star-love thing the movie had going with it. I do have to think that their children and grandchildren (and they don't leave until the grandchildren are grown) might be a bit put out over the monarch's longevity. I suppose things will get better for Victoria once Tristan's gone. I don't really like OCs but I kind of like Frank, I'll admit.
Sarah1281 chapter 4 . 8/20/2011
Well that was probably the most interesting meeting they've ever had. Tristan didn't do perfectly but he succeeded in the end. I can see why he didn't mention he was the king. In addition to the fact he doesn't want the job, that would probably be the hardest bit to swallow for these people. I haven't read the book so I am curious as to how much of the added detail is from the book and how much you made up, such as with the ordinances to explain why it's not ruled by witches. What sort of agreement could Una possibly make that would maek being a slave worth it?
Sarah1281 chapter 3 . 8/20/2011
Una and Dunstan only spent the one night together, right? I am glad that in the movie-verse they find their way back to each other since neither of them had anyone else. I know that at least some of the villagers find out about the kingdom at some point because of the coronation. I do wonder how Victoria and what's-his-name can bring themselves to go to that.
Sarah1281 chapter 2 . 8/20/2011
While Tristan's phrasing might have been a bit ambiguous, if Yvaine hadn't panicked she would have realized what he meant. He already had a thing for Victoria so it was hardly a matter of 'finding' anything and if he had meant Victoria he would have taken Yvaine to meet her like he'd intended to. I liked the explanation for Una knowing about Wall and not Yvaine. I hadn't really thought about it but had Septimus lived he would promptly attempt to murder Tristan. I did catch the references, yes. I wonder why Septimus took offence to it. He just wasn't very funny? He was fond of Una?
Sarah1281 chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Aw, poor Victoria. Her engagement and wedding are really her only chances to shine and yet Tristan is accidentally overshadowing the first. I wonder if he intended to be that rude to her or if he really was seeing her for the first time. I liked her POV, she's much more decent than she comes across.
Deadzepplin chapter 17 . 7/5/2011
This was a classy story
spannieren chapter 18 . 4/30/2011
cute story :)
WateryCordial chapter 18 . 12/27/2010
this story (or what you have written of it) is really good. i could definietly imagine it quite easily and well done to you! ) it's such a shame you couldn't finish it off but i just want to say that i really enjoyed it. i love stardust too D
Miana chapter 8 . 12/26/2010
I'm in the middle of reading this and loving ever minute of it. Fabulous job!
ChibiBeth18 chapter 18 . 12/20/2010
It saddens me to know that this will never be completely. This was FANTASTIC. Molte bene. I started reading and didn't stop until I reached the end of act three. What was written was a joy, and I thank you for it. The best part had to be Dunstan being awesome and quietly British off to one side. (P.S. I don't know how it happened, but I have a sudden, massive crush on Sergeant Rollon and I have a feeling that if you had continued this in full, it would have become an unhealthy obsession. . . Can I have him?)
fullhans1 chapter 15 . 9/2/2010
Great story.
Ryder Bellamiren chapter 18 . 7/16/2010
I enjoyed it. It's too bad that youran out of the desire to write out the rest of it; it could've been amazing. Thank you for writing this.

Cole chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
I just wanted to let you know that I thought that this was an absolutely amazing continuation of the story. It's been done so professionally, and it's so carefully thought out. You've obviously put a lot of time and effort into this story, and it really has paid off.

If you aren't already, you should really consider writing some of your own ideas and look into getting them published, because I really think you've got a good shot. I understand that you don't have the time to commit to something like that just now, but it's something you should keep in mind for the future.

Thanks for giving me something good to read!
Shineoncindi chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Oh now this I enjoyed! I was well written, you really got into the heads of these characters, it was great! The only issue I have is that you didn't carry on with it, it just sort of, ends...
Cassanunda chapter 17 . 2/3/2010
Despite not looking for this sort of story(I have no idea what I was looking for) I'm glad I found it. It was well written, clearly within canon for the universe and a definitely enjoyable way to expand upon the Stardust universe.

I just have to echo the sentiments that lament you being unable to finish fleshing out the tale. I especially would have liked to see your take on the Shakespeare/Humphrey wink and whether there was more to that than a flirt.

And as for your question about why the witches used glass instead of steel, I'm going with the old rules. Iron is disruptive to certain magical beings, being the earth metal with magnetic properties. Since Yvaine is more celestial than earthy, the metal has a detrimental effect on her power of her heart. Since any blade will work to cut out a heart the prince doesn't know of the difference while the witches do. Or maybe it's just because Matthew Vaughn thought it looks cooler this way. And helps explain why Lamia had to drag her back to the manor since she broke her other knife.
59 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »