Reviews for Curiosity
Random Ruth chapter 4 . 1/19
Adorables! So many hilarious lines in this. I laughed a lot! :)
AnitaHoward chapter 4 . 9/23/2014
First, I'll say: Donna and the Doctor were both perfectly in character.
Secondly, this was one of the most adorable Doctor Who stories I've read.
Thirdly, it was perfect! I could see everything; you described it so well. I love your writing style. I like how the Doctor communicated telepathically with the cat (it makes more sense than 'talking cat' like the Eleventh Doctor would do).
Favorite line (well, one of several):
"Sometimes," she said, her voice winding up. "you can be the most arrogant, insensitive, egotistical..."
"Stop, you're making me blush," said the Doctor, ramming his hands in his pockets and grinning.

Loved, loved, loved it! It's going in my Doctor/Donna community :D
AnitaHoward chapter 3 . 9/23/2014
Cat and anti-cat! Cats chewing through the Doctor's shoes! Donna's long lost cat (I'm guessing)!
There are SO MANY CATS! lol
AnitaHoward chapter 2 . 9/23/2014
The mental image of the Doctor and Donna being overwhelmed by a tsunami of cats is great! Your descriptions, by the way, are really good, especially the part about the sound coming from everywhere and how even her eyeballs ached :D
AnitaHoward chapter 1 . 9/23/2014
Oh, wow, this was a hilarious chapter :D But the end was the very best:
There was a long, luxuriant silence; the kind of silence that is very rare in mortal realms, and is only rendered possible because two people are staring at one another in an unbreakable deadlock of bewilderment. The entire universe shuffled its feet awkwardly.
Can I just say, that's one of the best things I've read in a long time?
the mischievous pixie chapter 4 . 2/18/2012
.AWESOME! Thanks for giving me the link! :D
Sanguine Ink chapter 4 . 2/26/2011
Such a creative idea! Cat's being able to time travel due to the Salem Witch trials - pure genius.

And the wit in this is fantastic. Not just in the dialogue either - "The Doctor explained about four dimensional relativity and how the TARDIS could shape the continuum with impunity. He spoke at length about pinched spacetime and subdimensional curvature. He waxed rhapsodic on the subject of quantitative phase adjustment. He would have elaborated upon the finer points of non-Euclidean tangential geometry but for the fact that at that point, Donna threatened to punch him." So, so perfect.

And the fact that it's Donna's cat added emotion on top of the silliness. Bravo.
PraiseDivineMercy chapter 4 . 12/31/2010
Wow, this is crackfic at its finest. Douglas Adams would be proud.
Sonic Serendipity chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
Point the first: the concept of the cats is BRILLIANT. IT makes me flail. Point the second; Donna's description of her Lego escapades made me nearly choke on laughter. AND THE HEIMLICH MANEUVER DOESN'T HELP WHEN YOU'RE CHOKING ON LAUGHTER.
anemix chapter 4 . 6/18/2010
That was sweet and cute and fun, and I can totally imagine the Doctor having a random button in the TARDIS. I really like it.

(\/)

( . .)

c(")(")

BUNNY
timano chapter 4 . 1/24/2009
A hugely amusing and highly enjoyable story. Of course, I like cats, but even if I didn't, the story is quite well-written and the characters are fleshed out effectively. 10 out of 10 stars
Ranuel chapter 4 . 11/18/2008
This is wonderful. I'm going to be laughing about "cat and anti-cat" and "velocoraptor" for the rest of the day. This feels like a cross between Hienlien, Robinson, and Pratchett.
Spoofmaster chapter 4 . 11/3/2008
I didn't think it could be done, but here it is - a Doctor Who story about cats in the TARDIS that actually works, and works well. I laughed out loud at multiple points. I love the way you write both characters. Both the Legos and the Doctor's self satisfaction at making a very fishy control room are priceless moments. The garden was also completely wonderful, and a nice change from all the fanfiction in which, for some unknown reason, the Doctor has only tasteful gardens onboard the TARDIS.

I didn't quite get the reasoning behind the presence of the cat/anti-cat pairs, but it was entertaining nonetheless (and so like the Doctor to give Donna the kitten that had just widdled on his arm without even acknowledging it).

Very funny story, all told. I'm adding it to my C2, the Tin Dog.
themidnightfiles chapter 4 . 11/2/2008
I laughed out loud! More than once. My sister now thinks I'm insane because I tried to explain to her that I was laughing because of a line about playing with Legos and the TARDIS wanting a pet and the Archives filled with cat toys and such, but that's OK. Because I loved this story :)
Sunfall E chapter 4 . 11/2/2008
I love this story. It's hilarious. I love the bit about the Legos.