Reviews for King, Queen, Jack, Ace
Mmmmmmmcookies chapter 1 . 7/11/2014
That last part is so very true.
A Little Lost 1 chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Great and original!
mcfuz chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
I loved this so much! I really like the concluding sentences you've put at the end of each section. Good job!
apbarium chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
The last sentence of this story really captured my interest. Maybe you could do another fic with the idea of Merlin being the most harmless/dangerous of them all.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
That was cool. I liked Merlin's comparison the best.
azab chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
great job
CJaMes12 chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Clever.
Kitty O chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
this is a great idea, I wish I understood more about cards to get it. But I know enough.
Tuli-Susi chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
I really like this one... It does fit them so well. The Jack is always there in the background, supporting the King and the Queen. And the Ace can be higher than the King or lower than two. In some games it the the worst card to get, in others it is the best. Just like Merlin, hidden powers and dangerous, yet kind. And in life, no-one is sure of the exact rules...
LoBall chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
I liked it very much. especially the last sentence. *grin*
Scribbles111 chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
WOW! that is really good! i like the ending,its well clever...well, yeah, just really, makes u think...well it made me think! loool!

from ..
Sir Gawain of Camelot chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
Ha! Arthur shot the moon, and Merlin gave him the last ace. Oh, that's perfect. Beautiful allegory, the whole thing. Morgana as the Queen of Spades, the deciding card in the game and Merlin as the Ace of Hearts, those were the best two.

Arthur as King of Clubs was... logical, but uninspiring. Until he shot the moon, that is. 'course, the card reading for King of Clubs suits him perfectly. Upright it is a well-bred, passionate, generous, and noble leader. Reversed, a low-mannered bias person. Arthur started out reversed, but has been progressing further and further to being upright.

Gwen as Jack of Diamonds is perfect, too. Upright, great efforts and/or bustle. Reversed, Break-up, danger, and/or accidents. She's upright now, but according to the legends she'll reverse.

Merlin's is actually kind of boring. Upright, the Ace of hearts is happiness, love, and/or harmony. Reversed he is discord, conflict, and/or hostility. I suppose Merlin does have the power to bring both.

The Queen of Spades upright is a clear-sighted and strong person. Indicates contentment or abundance of love. Reversed, she is a sly and deceitful person who indicates cruelty and narrow-mindedness.

...you already know this, didn't you? You can't have picked such perfect cards for everyone without knowing their tarot meanings. Especially not after having mentioned tarot in the story.
SnowyPrecipice chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
"Merlin knew that he was the ace of the group. On one side, he was harmless. On the other?

He was the most dangerous of them all."

Lovely. (:
FaPingMulan chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Such a nice story, good job
The North Wyn chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
I think I would appreciate this cool little fic if I understand the game of Hearts better. :-D An enjoyable story, though. I like the characterizations. I love the aside line about Merlin still being by the scoring system. Good job!