Reviews for Rain
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
Ah. Lucky Kenshin, to have a Japanese early summer to work with, then...very pretty. And nice concept. Melting snow...that was good, although it was hard to say what it was symbolic of. Could be just bringing the /snow/ from that time into his present, but melting snow signifies a thing changing states and becoming gentler, usually.
SiriusFan13 chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
Oh... I somehow didn't get the message for this one being posted. I really like it. I can vividly picture this scene from the OVA. And I love the idea of it.

Great job. Good to hear from you again!
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
My lip trembled. I ache inside. I feel the cold and the lonliness for him.

"Sometimes misery is the only happiness we can accept." I think for most of his life, those words completely defined Himura Kenshin.
Syolen chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
Lovely, simply lovely. :)
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
it only makes sense that he would spend his free time there when he knew few people would venture out. to mourn, to think, to feel close to her...

the imagry, the rain reminding one of melting snow and the hint of white plum.

although i do not forgive tomoe for not trusting in his abilities and for dying. the bakufu samurai's sword arm was extended but kenshin was already on his down stroke. he would have defeated him without her interference. (i keep thinking of what it would have been like to have kaoru there instead, the boy needed to be a boy. he needed to have the seventeen year old bokken wielding surly tomboy who would get mad, pounce and pound him. someone who wouldn't be afraid to play, really play with him.

always a treat

ginny
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
Beautiful, but that's not exactly surprising. Your stories are always lovely to read. The rainy scene was so evocative and tactile that I could almost smell the white plum myself.

It's great to have you posting again!
Chi no Kaori chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
Lovely, vivid imagery. And it's mostly just imagery...yet it still manages to be very moving. Great stuff.
Murasahki-chan chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
That. . .was an honor blade to the belly of emotion. Perfect atmosphere, perfect emotions. M-chan.
Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
This is a lovely vignette. The imagery is starkly beautiful and terribly evocative; it almost brought me to tears. Thanks for sharing this!
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
De-press-ing. :-(
WARG chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
Seems failry fresh of the end of the war and damp and dark and chilled.. way to stroke and strengthen all the chords.. such simple wording such clear pictures..
misaoshiru chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
How beautiful, sueb. The rain symbolism is simply gorgeous.