Reviews for Black Horse and the Cherry Tree
Medic04 chapter 64 . 4/4/2012
Just got caught up on the last four chapters. Loving it!

You forgot the third pop culture reference. "bringing a knife to a gun fight." Indiana Jones :D
ccase13 chapter 64 . 3/20/2012
The Spear of Destiny and supernatural horses, this story looks very interesting and I'm going to have to go back and read from the begininng.
Zinfer chapter 64 . 3/20/2012
Oh noes! That stinks
sylia91 chapter 64 . 3/20/2012
Darn, thought Abaddon went down too easy. As for Michael petulantly watching from the sidelines, THAT is why God didn't pick him. You earn the right and featherboy is earning himself a beatdown from Dean when he's done the the prince of darkness. Can't wait for the Horsemen to appear and dole out some of their own smackdown.
Maz101 chapter 64 . 3/20/2012
Oh. Wow!

You tease me - After my feelings of loss at Lillith's demise you go and describe Abaddon here so wonderfully that I think he's a worthy replacement for my disgusted pleasure - loved that he's "more serpentine than avian"; love all those spiny feathers; love the maggots crawling in and out of his skin; love his setting in the middle of the Treasure Island fountain.

Then you go and let Dean *feel the force* and take him on so wonderfully with all those awesome visuals of yours with the floating spear and that golden glow. Then just when I think The Fallen has fallen - ha! - he's back. Way to go!

I also really liked hearing John's voice and the call back to the very beginning of your story (yes,I do remember it!) when it began with a hunt of a mysterious black horse...not quite clear myself whether Samirah is gunning for John or Enenuth here but it will become apparent I'm sure.

Thanks for blowing the special effects budget so effectively - luckily, like Abaddon's dungeon, I suspect it is actually a bottomless pit and there will be more.
Maz101 chapter 63 . 3/18/2012
Lovely image of Abbadon banging his fists on the floor of his cavern, his bristling shards of feathers, and then his disintegration into insects (reminded me of something in 'The Mummy' I think?).

Reporter Gamble's assessment..." God, he's beautiful bloody like that. It suits him."...rang a few self awareness bells in my head. His response made me laugh... "Lady, you're a damn freak, you know that?" he rumbles. "And not in a good way, either." ...Yes Dean, yes I am!

Dean's "Hey you" to Samirah ...just awwww!

"Moon's got teeth" what a great line - so threatening.

Looking forward to 64...:)
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 63 . 3/11/2012
Creepy. Michael reminds me of a gargoyle at the did that just for me because you know how much I like gargoyles, right?

Poor John and Mary. I'm sure John is fighting the demon inside him. And I'm hoping Mary is coming up with some kind of plan to help him.

Uh oh, Abaddon sounds so intense. This is going to go badly for Death!Dean.

""Lady, you're a damn freak, you know that?""

Why yes, I do. Thanks for noticing.

*smirks*

That was a nice scene between Samirah and Death!Dean. Showed the bond a Horde and Rider have. And I kind of got the feeling that together they were preparing for what they had to do next.

Man! You sure had a lot of action and the promise of much more to come soon in this chapter. Can't wait to see where you take this next. You're sure throwing one Hell of a rodeo for us!

:D

A moon with sharp teeth? There's so many ways I can reference that but I won't. Thanks for throwing that in there. It was a personal squee moment for me.

*hugs*
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 62 . 3/10/2012
Ahh, that's what I couldn't see in Dean's hand! I'd forgotten he had that.

Lilith's severed hand is like "Thing".Ewww! Creepy!

Lovin' the time reference shots. Reminds me of "24".

*grins*

"He wants to go to Lillith, wants to kneel at her feet, beg her forgiveness."

Oh noes! You can't do that! Don't let her do this to you.

I loved the part where our boy felt useless and yet Samirah trusted and believed in him. We haven't really got to see very much of that in Show.

*taps foot, glares at Show*

"At 12:09:00 everything goes south."

I knew it. Here comes the drop. You don't just take your readers to the edge of the cliff, you dangle them over it by their heels and sometimes you heave them right over it.

lol ;P

Never change.

"Dean leans into Lillith's touch."

I hope that's just so he can lure her in closer for the kill. Please let that be for that.

*hopes* *reads faster*

"Dean winks at her. His right eye gleams golden."

YESSS! That's our boy! You go, Dean!

Wow! That was a great chapter! Damn, you're good. I really enjoyed reading that. Thank you.
Medic04 chapter 63 . 3/9/2012
Just got caught up on the last three chapters. Loving it!
sylia91 chapter 62 . 3/5/2012
Oh this is more like it. Loved Ellen and the others saving Bastet. Dean taking care of Lilith was epic and can't wait for the Horsemen to break loose and dole out some retribution of their own. Dean versus Circe is the one I'm looking forward to the most.
Maz101 chapter 62 . 3/5/2012
I can't believe she's gone! - Oh Lilith, I'm going to miss the way you've been written in this fic with all your disgusting blue skin and your tentacles and blond beauty, your petty, cruel baby-eating ways and your unhealthy obsession with Dean (well, okay...I share that but I look better in a silk dress than you ...and you're dead so HA!).

Awesome Dean writing too in all his colours - I do *love* how you do that. It's like colour coding for the slow minded reader - helps me keep up with what Dean we're seeing. Your writing is so very visual - all elements, all colours, all senses. Lilith's death scene was a brilliant display - in every way! And I did enjoy her last words.

How, amongst all that drama (such good action in the fight) can you successfully include a scene that makes me laugh - lilith's lost hand scurrying about and climbing up her leg, that's how. And it so nicely mirrored Dean's own recovered glowing limb.

Kick-ass Ellen was just splendid and Sam is just biding his time like poor Samirah forced to wait and wait and wait for Gaelen's call.

So Circe, Abaddon - who's next...come and get it...(cannot wait!).
Zinfer chapter 62 . 3/5/2012
Once again, eppiiiccc! Way to go dean!
sylia91 chapter 61 . 2/28/2012
The one who dies in the next installment better be Circe or one of the demons, heck I'd even take an evil angel pigeon. I hope Bastet is okay, I like her. LOVE THIS VERSE.
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 61 . 2/28/2012
Oh Bastet! No! I can haz Cujo take a chunk out of a hellhound, yes?

" No one hurts Samirah and gets away with it."

Damn frikk'n straight.

"It's like hugging an oily leather sack filled with hot water and pissed off snakes squirming and snapping at each other inside."

Wow, what a vivid , no way I'd ever want to even touch anything like that.

"He's her White Horseman again, and there's nothing wrong with that, is there?"

Only everything. Fight it,Death!Dean! Don't let her get inside your head like that.

"Samirah would understand.

He'd make her understand."

That just gave me the creepiest of chills. It's like Lilith chick is some kind of a tarbaby or something.

I'm still expecting a fight between Circe and Lilith. They both want a chunk out of Death!Dean. Problem is, I think he's probably gonna give them more than they bargained for.

Look out Sam! Don't let Circe kill you.

Well, you've done it again. Another intense chapter with action, gore, and suspense. Looking forward to the next one. I think Lilith has another think comin'.

Who or what did hold her back, anyway?
Zinfer chapter 61 . 2/27/2012