Reviews for Pas de Deux
vanitas hoth chapter 2 . 12/1/2008
Holy hell, Viv. That was... just astounding, in every sense of the word. Your writing style was elegant and exciting, and you delivered them in a beautiful, almost poetic fashion that literally left me blown away. The romantic atmosphere, coupled with the character's troubled, somewhat pathetic thoughts on his unrequited love made for an excellent story, and an outstanding read.

Again, only the best of luck to you in the challenge,

Ru.
vanitas hoth chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
Brava chica! That was amazing. Synchronizing the 'drip... drop...' with the strike of the pickaxe gave the entire story a powerful, underlying rhythm. All the emotions- anger, despair, resentment, helplessness... and the way you worded them, blew me completely away. Even though this was prose, it had the most beautiful poetic tone to it.

"... wordlessly yelling into the wind, challenging the world to strike him down and end his suffering." That, by far, was the most powerful line of the entire piece. I absolutely loved it.

I cannot thank you enough for entering. Outstanding job, mon chéri.

I wish you the best of luck,

Ru.
DevilWearsJeans chapter 2 . 11/30/2008
This was simply mind blowing, if you ask me.

The atmosphere, the thoughts, the use of words – amazing.

I can only say this much to you Viv: “Bravo!”

I don’t think I ever liked reading about ballet this much.

Best of luck with the challenges,

Jeannie
DevilWearsJeans chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
This was amazing Viv.

Very poetic and very beautiful.

I like the - Drip. Drop.- use. It gives the fic a whole new atmosphere.

Thank you very much for such a nice fic.

Best of luck, Jeannie.
gema227 chapter 2 . 11/29/2008
Wow, that last line just sent chills up my spine. Loved it, Viv. Great job! *favs*

gema
Dimitrius chapter 2 . 11/29/2008
In the words of Flame Rising..."Hot damn."

Excellent, excellent, excellent story! Concise, eloquent, poetic, and thrilling! These are the words that in my opinion describes this fic. I am very much amazed at the long way you have come in your storytelling and it is shown here how much effort youahev put into this. Maybe I should take up learning about ballet. This stuff is just awesome! :)

Good luck, mah Rabid American Ballerina!

-Dimitrius
Dimitrius chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
Whoah! Is it me or did you get really good at fanfic writing this time since the FP challenge days? Cause seriously...this stuff is awesome!

The best part of this story was how the rain was in sync with the aggression of the pickaxe and the strong emotion. As teh rain thundered down, so did the pickaxe. That was a beautiful image. And your story had a sort of poetic feel to it. All in all, it was great. The setting, description, and plot were amazing.

Great job!

Best of luck,

Dimitrius
gema227 chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
That was really good! I loved the whole "Drip. Drop" thing and the prose itself was so beautiful! I really got what the character was going through. Great job!

Gema