Reviews for It Can't Get Worse
dennisud chapter 4 . 1/18/2009
Ok so will this be an orgy? Because it seems all the teens are hot for more than one of the opposite sex. Still I think here Asuka and Shinji should be the main focus with Rei being a cataylst of sorts!

Damn good yarn!

dennisud
jennyjennai chapter 3 . 12/29/2008
Yes, it was a "mixed bag" but it was still very well written and very smooth. I can't wait to see what happens next. I'll definitely be watching for the next chapter.
jennyjennai chapter 2 . 12/29/2008
OMG, that was beautiful! Loved it!
jennyjennai chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
Absolutely gut busting! I was laughing and chuckling throughout. Good work on this one!
skywiseskychan chapter 3 . 12/17/2008
I do like it, and as your writing it there is no bordom. Of course Hikari's reaciton to the kiss is going to be fun to see if you ever do a reveal of her side of the experience. The continued overblown gender world view changes are terribly amusing to see. The one thing I'm not quite so sure on is why you decided to have Asuka become less agressive as a man rather than more. While it does make for an interesting dynamic and charachter development angle it is somewhat against the rest of the things your doing with the swap and so curious and of interest.
SpikeyKun chapter 3 . 12/14/2008
Great stuff. Not minding the drama since it fits just fine. The idea that Shinji and Asuka are much better adjusted people with a body switch is very amusing, and you pull it off well. Looking forward to more!
Enigma-Nemesis chapter 3 . 12/12/2008
Great chapter, and I really laughed at the sync testing scene with the EVA Units XD Gendo is SO screwed if he gets near "Yui".

Rei's interactions with "Shinji" Asuka was great as well, especially when "Asuka" Shinji saw them :P

The different scenes between "Asuka" and Hikari, as well as "Shinji" and the others were great as well. There were some things you wrote about that I never would have considered in such a scenario xP

And the last scene of the chapter was great too.

I can't wait to see more! Please update as soon as you're able to! I also look forward to an update of "What We Make of It" as well. Your stories are AWESOME!
Enigma-Nemesis chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Another brilliant story of yours in the making...

And I LOVED the first chapter :D
Funtime chapter 3 . 12/12/2008
Wow, this was awesome !

Even if it's a cliché, you made it really fun and new !

Good luck with the writing, and thanks for the story.
ficlord chapter 2 . 12/11/2008
"oddly enough the small hum of lust she used to live with was gone."

WTF? Asuka's a teenage girl, isn't she? Did somebody spay her?
ficlord chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Remarks on male-female differences:

- Contrary to what one might think, the female center of gravity is actually lower than the male's. Walking would still be difficult, especially what with the hips.

- True, men have greater upper-body strength, however, speaking as a man who does not exercise much (and Shinji never occurred to me as being the physical type) when I was a freshman in high school I once arm-wrestled a girl (not a bulky girl - a cheerleeder) and she beat me. Fair and square - no handicap. I'm not so sure she could do that now that we're fully-grown, and I've found ways of keeping in shape, but still, the difference isn't all that.

- Women actually have a higher tolerance of physical pain than men, though society trains men to be stoic towards pain and women to complain at every little owie. Women give birth; their bodies need to be capable of withstanding the stresses involved.

- I won't say anything about the implied link of physical gender to sexual orientation. It's not like anyone's seen a real-life body-switch happen, anyway.

Many differences between men and women (especially the neurological ones) are more generalities than universals, although there ARE scientifically demonstrated neurological differences, contrary to radical feminism. Shinji probably has more sensitive taste buds - perhaps improving his cooking skills - and a greater ability to multi-task and take in details in his surroundings, for instance, which probably makes it harder for him to isolate himself in his SDAT. Asuka, in turn, would probably be better at focusing on specific details and ignoring everything else. But most of that wouldn't be terribly important, necessarily.
WarpWizard chapter 3 . 12/8/2008
Wow, this is surprisingly dramatic. Great chapter. I like how you show the changes in perception from the different bodies. MOAR! :)
specter626 chapter 3 . 12/8/2008
hikari with asuka and shinji with rei would be cool to read
Miner603 chapter 3 . 12/8/2008
Gotta admit, I've seen some body-swap fics before, but this takes the cake. It is just that good. Can't wait for the next update.
Neferius chapter 3 . 12/8/2008
Well Zen, I've been all but absent from the world Fanfiction lately, so it's nice to comeback to something like this.

I too like body swap stories so it was nice to see a good one.

You've done a great job with both characters. I think the best part is Shinji's enhanced emotions. For obvious reasons most authors cant do a female Shinji right...I'm no exception. It adds a nice sense of realism in a zany environment.

Overall, great work. I look forwar to the next chapter.

Read ya Later.