Reviews for It Can't Get Worse
Henry V chapter 9 . 12/5/2010
It is... interesting how you return them to their original bodies. Finally, Asuka is able to forgive herself and let him into her heart, with all it entails. Adding that Shinji can now do things to her most men can only hazard at, they both have One Hell Of A Relationship ahead of themselves.

Now although i Really, Really liked this, I still think that your previous end makes a larger impact on the reader. Because of the tragic end, The reader will be yearning for happiness. And IMHO, that places your story outside of the usual, done-a-hundred-times storyline. But don't get me wrong, I really loved this! Very well written, characters are interpreted pretty good and the setting was clearly described. Overall a marvelous piece of literature.

Thank you for sharing this, and I hope to read more from you, come time.

Yours sincerely,

Henry V
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 8 . 11/20/2010
I have to admit, I'm disappointed you didn't have the story end in Shinji/Asuka, but not because I ship said pairing. On the contrary, I GREATLY prefer Shinji/Rei. However, this story is just about the ONLY S/A story I've read EVER which makes me like the pairing, dammit. Of all the things ... I get the pairing I USUALLY love when I don't want it, and when I DO start to like a different pairing ... you DON'T give it to me!

What a cruel, twisted world this is ... request permission to pretend, in my mind, that the story ended on an S/A note instead and that Asuka WASN'T a total idiot about it? PLEEEEEEAAAASE?

Yeah, I get that when a story changes course, one might not like where it's going. I rather liked the story - it was a very intriguing character interpretation, for one thing - and while it was a little abrupt I think you resolved at LEAST the majority of the character arcs realistically enough. I liked the way they grew and developed during the tale - Rei's friendship with Shinji was simply beautiful here, which is another reason I disliked you putting them together romantically; Hikari was really sweetly developed, considering she's just a glorified extra in the series proper; Touji and Kensuke were mostly extras, but used to good effect for the others; Misato was nicely written, as was Ritsuko; and of course, I liked the way in which Shinji and Asuka adapted. It didn't feel contrived and showed a natural progression to their new lives.

Pity we don't know how they resolved the rest of the Angels, though - Bardiel was next, though, so I can get why you chose to end it early (unless you totally changed the outcome of that battle, the humour would completely evaporate thereafter, among other things ...)

Oh, well, you win some and lose some. Overall this was a lovely story and I honestly don't regret reading it, even though some parts left me feeling disappointed.

gODSPEED!
3ohIII chapter 8 . 8/27/2010
Hell yeah screw d hapi ending ...awsum fic *2thumbs up!*
Henry V chapter 8 . 8/8/2010
*Sighs*

Well, I absolutely LOVED the ending! Asuka proves more maturity there than most would think, although the events afterwards contradict it slightly.

Anyway, MOST Fics get a happy end, so if some get a Darker veil, it gives it quite some originality.

And i would have liked to see them together, but this way just screws your mind beautifully.

I raise my hat to you, Zentrodie.

Yours sincerely,

Henry V
Darthme1011 chapter 8 . 7/9/2010
very much enjoyable
god of stuff chapter 8 . 6/17/2010
Well I actually liked more of this story than I disliked. I think the Leliel fight should have covered some of what Shinji was going through in the plug and near the end after Auska's rejection there should have been a confrontation with Rei. And speaking of Rei, I would have liked a little blurb about what happened with the clones in that little summary at the end. The end was handled rather well and was a rather refreshing change of pace from the seeming choice between "everybody is miserable" and "everyone lives happily ever after." The mere concept that while everything isn't ideal, everyone was happy or some semblance of it in the end is so rarely used as to be painful. I think it adds a nice layer of realism to the story as things rarely turn out well with a first love. I kind of wish you had shown the development through the rest of the Eva time line though. I didn't find it all that dark near the end. You managed to keep things humorous if a little emotionally heavy. But then again Eva is all about the descent into grimdark territory so whatever.
Marzan chapter 8 . 5/7/2010
Interesting story this one. I have to say that I like the fact you went against convention in the ending. I thought that some bits were absolutely hilarious (Maya and Gendo) and you dealt with some of the more adult situations with a nice lighthearted touch. Congratulations.
Devaro Ayanami chapter 8 . 11/16/2009
I really enjoyed the story. Now don't let that go to your head. lol

It was a great read, and the ending wasn't what I expected. Yeah, I would have liked a Shinji/Asuka ending, but we don't always get what we want.

I don't completely agree with you that the story was going in a dark direction. It seemed serious but humorous, and I liked the interaction between the characters close to the two pilots.

I have read a few of your other stories and enjoyed them greatly. I hope to see more.

To future stories!

D.A.
Popkov chapter 8 . 11/3/2009
what? whatwhat? It's done? already?

What a load of.. nah! it was good. Had its ups and downs. Keeping them gender bended was abold move, but a right one.

haha i loled at the pitcher/catcher line.

It was a good run. And the ending is not rushed, just... kinda stock standard, you know what i mean? kinda like "and they lived happily ever after... the end".
notBald chapter 8 . 9/8/2009
“Hikari’s caring nature had again opened a bag of worms best left incased in cement and used as the base block for a skyscraper.”

LOL. You have a gift for metaphors.

I’m surprised you didn’t switch them back, I’m guessing they should have used unit 01 instead of 02 which was happy with the swap…o see you mentioning just that. Neat detail.

First time I’ve seen Gendo arrested instead of the usual bullet, points to you for originality. The ending was w3ird/rushed tough, as you mentioned in your AN.

Enjoyable read anyway.
Tetris Ex Machina chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Great story!
Reviewer 130 chapter 8 . 8/20/2009
Well that was disturbing, but it was also very well written and a good plot. Great story! It's like watching a train wreck on blue-ray! Who wouldn't want to see that!
Slicerness chapter 8 . 8/15/2009
wow. that ending sucked. i wish i had stopped reading at chapter 7.
Chat Kills chapter 8 . 8/13/2009
IT WAS PERFECT!... until the ending. Seriously, I more than glossed over the ending than keep reading.

But, it had its appeal. The portrayal of gender confusion was realistic.

Really, maybe you could post an alternate ending, but that's just me. This story is complete right?
deadrat chapter 7 . 7/26/2009
There is just the barest hint of Kashimashi-ness about this story.

Great stuff.