Reviews for It Can't Get Worse
Dennisud chapter 8 . 7/5/2009
Simply the ending was lane. You copped out and it was very satisfying.

Plus there should have been more development no some quik flip And we're done.

Maybe u should rethink this.
tatewaki2000 chapter 8 . 7/5/2009

It can't have gotten any better.
SithKnight-Galen chapter 8 . 7/5/2009
Yeah, the ending was a bit rushed, but I can also understand the reasons that you did it. It actually made sense, although the little epilogue of what had happened to everyone in a nutshell was more of a let-down, I guess, than just ending it dramatically with Asuka leaving Shinji and hating himself for it, but keeping the real reasons to himself. It would have left more to the reader's imagination, like what happened post 3I in NGE.

However, for what you wanted to do, the ending works, and everyone ended up somewhat happy, even if it looks like Misato ends up with a few stress induced ulcers.
iamjustanotherguy chapter 8 . 7/5/2009
...okay that sucked. Well the overall story was great, and your right the ending was rushed, but...well I don't like it for the sheer fact that it turned out to be a S/R and not a S/A like I thought it would be...you basturd you tricked me! All kidding aside great story, well written, and the only thing is the ending, but you were ready for that so...meh you are a great writer and no one can take that away...unless you suffer major cranial damage...but lets hope that doesn't happen. Well I wish you luck and...I feel a little down cause it turned into S/R...now I've got to read a good little S/A to feel better...-sigh- later and good luck!

-justanotherguyathiscomputer
LoPe21 chapter 8 . 7/5/2009
This chapter only feels rushed becayse you were trying to show us the chaotic whirlwind that is life after any kind of disaster. time flies and before you can even blink months have gone by. this was a great end to a great story. thanks
Popkov chapter 7 . 6/23/2009
poor shinji...

I can't take this cliffhanger! where's the rest of it?
Yoshomo chapter 7 . 6/16/2009
Firstly I loved what Maya did. I don't think I'll ever forget it. I like how protective Rei's feelings for Shinji is getting stronger. The dream was messed up but funny. I was like wtf when did they do that!

Hope Asuka manages to work things out.
Zoro50 chapter 7 . 6/16/2009
Coolness, this was the way I was hoping the story would go though from all the hints you've been giving I think we all knew this was coming. Fun read, a little bit of angst, a little bit of fun. All goodness. Here's looking forward to the conclusion.
cevgar chapter 7 . 6/16/2009
Nice shiny new chapter. First point of order, God bless Ibuki-chan. Wonderful scene there, but it suffered an obvious underestimation of Gendo on your part. First, that Gendo would care about anything other than results. Second, that he would jump down the chain of command himself to take care of a problem. (Standard Sun Tzu stuff there, you want the staff to fall in line you threaten the superiors.) That even if Maya-chan rated important enough to get a personal dressing down from the big man, that Gendo would go to the problem instead of having the problem come to him to his big bad office of doom, again Sun Tzu. Third, that he would attempt the dressing down while the subject too stoned to be receptive. Repeating yourself is again proving that you are not the one in charge. Beyond that, you do not argue with someone under the influence of anything. Then allowing himself to be goaded to visible anger. Finally, that Gendo would threaten resort to something as crude as direct violence. And going straight for shooting? Weak. Nerv is a military operation after all. Then they can throw around big words like, insubordination, dishonorable discharge, treason, 30 days in the brig, make your family disappear, etc.

Next point of interest: the photo shoot. I'm not really sure this one makes much sense. Maybe I'm giving the boys too much credit, but after how upset Shinji got the first time they asked, I don't think they would have brought it up again. Even if they did, I'm pretty sure neither of the two stooges would have been able to really enjoy it. That makes this Asuka's idea, and once again, she is selfishly unthinking of the pain her own desires cause others. I can't imagine that no one would comment on her behavior. I guess what I'm getting at is that I would have liked to see the lead up to how they even got to the photo shoot. Seems to me that there are about a thousand things that could have put a stop to it before it even happened, and the miracle that they didn't is worth noting. There are two particulars I would have liked to have had covered, the reactions of Shinji's female friends after hearing of Asuka's request for the photo shoot, and Shinji asking Asuka "Would you ask Hikari to do this for you?" Methinks that either one would have stopped things cold. And landed Asuka in the hospital.

Actually if Shinji were in her right mind instead of trying to please Asuka it probably would have occurred to her to get Hikari's opinion of the photo shoot, or somehow get her to come along. With Asuka's disgusting lack of control over her hormones and long standing disregard for anyone else's wellbeing, somebody should be around to be able to tell Asuka when she is doing something she'd regret after switching back. As Asuka's best friend, that monstrous responsibility falls to Hikari.

All things considered, I'm glad the cure didn't work. Shinji makes for a better girl, and I prefer Asuka to be male. Why? Asuka revels in a whole slew of character flaws which society finds distasteful. As a female, people will let her get away with it. As a male, she is liable to be thrown in cell to rot.

Now I'm sure that somehow the story is going to end in a nice fluffy S/A, where they return to their own bodies and everything is smurfy. Or they remain stuck, but since they remain stuck nobody gets on their cases about the weirdness of lusting after their own bodies. In a merciful world though, the rest of the cast would finally recognize that the situation is seriously wrong, that Asuka is a beast and generally BAD for Shinji, that things seem to be getting worse as time progresses and stage some sort of an intervention. Starting with kicking Asuka the heck out of Misato's apartment, or forcing Shinji to stay with Hikari (as staying with Rei probably wouldn't be any better, if for completely different reasons). As Eva teaches us though, the world isn't a merciful place, Shinji isn't happy unless he is being abused by someone and nobody EVER sticks their noses where it is actually needed before it is too late.

Nice work with this chapter by the way. As you can see, it evoked a pretty strong emotional response. Thats good... sorta, right? Anyway, despite what impression I might have given I am looking forward to how you wrap this up, so hurry it up, ya hear?
WarpWizard chapter 7 . 6/15/2009
Good stuff. I'm curious to see what will happen next.
tatewaki2000 chapter 7 . 6/15/2009
I so love this story. :D

Wonderful fic, and a wonderful chapter. I liked the ending. lol.

You are a great writer.
Tri-Emperor of The Twilight chapter 7 . 6/15/2009
Great chapter.
Innortal chapter 7 . 6/15/2009
Lovely work, sad to see the end. Well done.
SithKnight-Galen chapter 7 . 6/14/2009
Well, I for one hope to see how things go now that the reversal actually failed (you know, I think this may be the first time that I have actually seen a body-swap reversal actually fail, good work there). I was kinad hoping to see a confrontation between Rei and Asuka at some point, more specifically, one with Rei making Asuka finally realize just what is at stake and what her actions are really doing to Shinji.

So just what is going on with Rei and the Commander? Things were once more hinted at in this chapter, but alas...
Lord Grond chapter 7 . 6/14/2009