Reviews for It's an Obsession
KabusakuGirl chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Okay, please tell me you're going to update soon. It's been almost two years since you published this and I've been lying in wait for the next chapter. I want to know what Preed's plan is, and how will Akima react.

Please! This is literally the Only (albeit one-sided) Preed/Akima story on here. Please tell me that you have not given up on it. :(
Nicole chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Nice chapter. I'd like to see Korso/Akima pairing. Keep writing.
Potentially Insane Fangirl chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
This is a very good start you have here. Even though this hasn't been updated in almost a year, I hope you do come back to it, I'd love to find out what happens next.
OceanSyren chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
This was competely dead on! Preed doesnt really have any stories of his own. Please update soon
Loa chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
Oh, I absolutely love this! Please, you must continue!

Your writing is wonderful, and your characterization is dead on.

I hope you haven't abandoned this story!
ProfoundGoat chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
I really absolutely love this story. Please, please update soon!

I think what I like the most is your situational realism with the characters. I was fearful of a Mary-Sue, but it was really delightfully the opposite. It's pretty clear Akima won't let her guard down and "realize that Preed is lonely with a heart of gold and only wants to be loved". For me, what you got spot on, is Preed's lust for Akima basically stemming from this sort of idea, similar to the Nazis and their prisoners, that she is inferior, an object and he can do with her as he likes.

Fantastic job, I am hoping for a dark story, I admit it!
shelter chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
This IS a good introduction.

Not many writers are willing to tackle the issue of preludes, the historical detail of the characters in Titan A.E, but you seem to be able to tackle 3 issues at the same time - Akima's own history, plus Preed's background as the number one lecherous first-mate & the intertwining of the two, the recruitment & induction (and hopefully exploits) of the Valkyrie crew.

Which is what makes this fic so promising. There's amazing detail here, and the focus of this detail are Akima & Preed - 2 characters than fandom doesn't link together very often despite the suggestive-ness of it.

There are, though, some limitations here. Superb detail on Preed's attention to Akima notwithstanding, Akima herself (being the object of Preed's gaze) seems to conform to that oppressive impression. Her answers to Preed in the locked door scene are too complete to express her disdain (even though it's clear that she's irritated). And the particular line where Akima answers Preed about the "age, birth place, and bunch of other stuff" seems very oddly out of place. Does it reflect the extent of her naivety in Preed's eyes, or is she being sarcastic to the point of innocence here? It's not very clear.

Still, the suggestive-ness of the ending isn't lost. What Preed's got to throw at Akima, will probably keep me reading. At least for the next few chapters. Do update soon! So the readers can see what you have in mind.
Jeannie Lindley chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
I've been wondering when a "Titan A.E." fanfic would come to this, and it seems that Preed is going to have his way with Akima in the most degrading way any young human woman can imagine. Akima is nineteen whereas Preed is in his late thirties/early forties (let's say forty-four since that was the actor's age at the time of voicing), old enough to be her father. His lust for her in the movie is obvious, developing into jealousy when Cale comes aboard (this is evident in the sickbay and hangar scenes when she and Cale are seen embracing after being reunited), and how his violence is directed especially at her. Please update soon.