Reviews for Travels of the Trifecta!
PokeSpeBanette chapter 8 . 2/2
aaaah! sorry if you didn't want it to come off as this, but that bit with the stargazing thing and paul blushing? EEEEE ADORABLE. what's the ship name, veilstoneshipping right? awww so adorable. so, so adorable.
PokeSpeBanette chapter 19 . 1/6
wow...both battles were intense, and the details you had on them! and also torterra's determination, that thing, amazing. this fanfic and paul himself is the reason why I ever tried out turtwig really...i'm even trying a nuzlocke with one now! anyway, keep up the amazing work, and I hope we can see more soon!
Rainbow169 chapter 10 . 10/28/2014
The part where Mars tries to imagine Conway as a giant pizza gave me some mental images that were both funny and creepy. On the goofier side, it made me imagine Mars kissing an actual pizza. On the creepier side (but kind of funny in a "black humor" kind of way) is the idea of taking that to its logical conclusion and I imagined an alternate scenario where Mars completely hallucinated that Conway was a pizza and tried to eat him!
Rainbow169 chapter 9 . 8/9/2014
I was wondering if Paul's attempt at Route 216 while underdressed for the cold weather was at all a commentary on the limited wardrobe of the characters in the anime. It just made me think of that, since I don't think I've ever seen any pictures from the actual show where Paul is wearing anything different than his iconic outfit.
Rainbow169 chapter 19 . 8/1/2014
I really like this fanfic, especially the way you write the canon characters' personalities! I find the idea of Paul having a terminal illness to be fascinating, particularly because of the way he hates weakness, so it forces him to face his own physical weakness. I think my favorite part was the Canalave Gym battle, mainly because I loved the descriptions of Paul's deteriorating health and the irony of it being the winning trainer who faints at the end of the battle. I also liked the contrast of him and Conway and also Barry, who I haven't seen in the anime yet as of this posting (I've only seen the first 34 episodes of Diamond and Pearl as well as read about later ones on websites that have spoilers and seen some clips of later ones) but he sounds pretty accurate to his game counterpart and reminds me of a male version of Tomo from Azumanga Daioh.

I will be curious to read more whenever it is updated, and to see if Paul ever has any more notable health crises or if taking the medicine pretty much puts it under control.
The Songbird Still Sings chapter 19 . 6/30/2014
Can you please update this soon? I've been waiting forever to see what happens next and I really can't wait to find out, so from the bottom of my heart I beg of you to update! :)
Mideila chapter 19 . 2/21/2014
Продолжение когда-нибудь будет?
SnowyWolborg chapter 19 . 11/7/2013
Oh. My. God. That was so worth the long and adruous wait!

Your Paul is as spot on as ever. I have to say that this is hands down the best fanfiction centering around Paul that I have ever read. And I doubt anything will top it.

Glad we share the same thoughts about Best Wishes.
ruggler354 chapter 19 . 8/31/2013
That was a really good battle. Quite intelligent too, which is what you would expect from Paul. I have to say, I really like this story in general. I mean, the amount of back story you've given Paul, and how you've made it believable is incredible.
Also, I've got to mention (bet you've never had this mentioned before), how did you come up with all those awesome chapter titles haha? 'It's on like Bastiodon', or 'Super SmashBrawlin' Maylene', it does make me laugh :P
Mercenary Flyer chapter 19 . 7/29/2013
It has returned! Man I completely missed this on my Alerts.

I won't lie, I had written TotT off as "Abandoned".

This chapter was great. The conversation between Reggie and Brock felt oh so right. Brock more than anyone else in the Main gang could relate to Reggie. In dealing with Paul, I like how Reggie explains Paul's actions and tries to justify them, yet Brock and we as the readers feel like he is just desperately grasping at straws. I think Reggie thinks so too, but just doesn't want to admit it.

Paul feels a lot more human in this story. Have I ever mentioned that I like how you go out of your way to explain Paul's actions but never go to point of being an apologist for it.

It's funny, how Paul is doing his best to be nothing like Ash or his brother he displays some of the same traits, through grudgingly. Like getting caught up in the heat of the moment and when Torterra was in trouble out on the field, openly displaying worry.

I gotta say the rematch was AWESOME. It's funny how Paul's team was nearly an exact copy of Ash's even using two Pokemon of the same evolutionary line and a flying type despite the Ice Weakness.

Paul really showed how much he has grown in the last few chapters. It does make me wonder how Ash beat him during the Sinnoh League, the biggest gripe I felt about how the anime handled the rivalry is that it did not feel all that even most of the time.

Conway's part was good too. Paul doesn't look too good in light of that section, verging on the point of being a complete bastard. Conway's battle against Gardenia felt a little like Ash's, especially with that last minute use of what I swear was Dream Eater against Cacnea. Funny enough it feels like Ash had an easier time than Conway did.

Here's hoping to see Chapter 20, sometime next year!
Sakuyachan18 chapter 19 . 7/10/2013
OMG! You updated!
I realized what had happened like a year without updating and I wondered if would you still with this story. I will be glad to know that so n.n
I look forward to the next chapter :D
Kuro chapter 19 . 7/6/2013
Wow, this is an awesome fanfiction, one of the best I've read. It's brilliantly written and really draws you in. Every chapter makes you want more, and even if updates sometimes take a while, they're worth the wait!

Shinneth, you're a really great writer. You have a way of making the characters perfectly flawed yet likeable, and even though you've taken the characters from another story, you've really made them your own. You've done a great job on this, and definitely made Paul my favourite character. :)

I look forward to reading more of this and anything else you write.

(And you're SO right about Best Wishes!)

P.S. A little while ago I accidentally submitted a blank review. I was messing around and accidentally posted it. Sorry :(
cornerdweller chapter 19 . 7/5/2013
Yay update!

Fantastic chapter! Although it's been a while since I've watched it, I daresay your battles beat any anime one I've seen. However much time you spent on them, they were well worth it. On standpoints of both strategy and character development, I found myself actually leaning into the computer screen. Paul's battle was especially spectacular, though. Your... foreshadowing, I suppose, was quite effective and made both Paul and Candice appear completely competent. And such creativity!

The Brock/Reggie conversation was also great. It summarized many of the story's points quite effectively.

And great ending! The way you phrased it and referenced various events, directions, etc. allowed you to fit great meaning into just a few words. Really, that's one of the best qualities of an author. Speaking of, you're always mentioning your lengthy chapters. Because everything you write carries purpose, they are quite assuredly a good thing!

Thank you so very much for feeding our minds and souls! X)
foreverfireball chapter 19 . 6/29/2013
OHMYGOSH! I finally had the chance to write this, but you have NO IDEA how happy I am for this new chapter.

I agree with you about Best Wishes. I prefer your gym battles WAY better.

I hope you keep updating because this is one of the best fanfictions I have ever read.
comafan1325 chapter 19 . 6/28/2013
so...where was the best wihses spite? :o