Reviews for Bone
meatballs in the impala chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
It's amazing how many emotions can be contained in so few words. I think you depicted the way Chichi feels wonderfully, even without making this fic on her point of view. She's lost everyone she's ever loved, even her son, but she stays strong, blocks out the memories of her loved ones in order to suppress her pain. You did a great job showing this side of her. I know most people don't like Chichi, since they think of her as a hysterical wife who seems to be living in her own world, but I think she's one of the strongest characters of DBZ. She is always the one left behind, but nobody ever seems to stop and think what this woman has been through herself. I really admire her determination, though. Back to your fic, I'd also like to point out that I loved Bulma's portrayal. This part — "her chest feels small and as tight as if it were her ribs broken in his place" — shows the love a mother has for her child, how she wished to be the one hurting in their place, so that her child will be healthy and happy. You've done a great job with this story, hands down. I was really glad for finding this one.
Solution 9 chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Very nice. I really like your writing style. I never had much synpathy for Chi Chi in the series due to her frigid personality...but this kind of helps me see her in a new perspective. You captured her suffering real well, and I think I have a new found respect for the girl thanks to you. Very touching peice... I really really enjoyed it!
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
Oh wow, that was good. It got me tearing up about how horrid the future Chi Chi, Bulma and Gohan were forced to live in. Chi Chi's last line particularly got me, with how she'd eventually forgets about her loved ones in order to bear with the pain. Great job!
srikandi116 chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
Parron! It's intertribal. Fancy seeing you here, ha ha.

Anyway, this was a sad little ficlet, but that's a good thing. Yours is sad in a more sophisticated way than your generic Cell Games weepie. Future timeline is hard for me to read (too depressing, even for me), but I think you captured the darker possibilities of DBZ very well, and I love the title and theme.
Death101- Fox Version chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
Wow.

-D101
Remembering childhood chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
Wow, the writing is unsettling... I loved it, though. I had to read it a couple of times to get "acquainted" to it. Still, I'm quite troubled by the last lines. The cruel bitterness of this broken soul is displayed with an amazing simplicity; it hurts.

Keep it up.
Aizou chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
Strange. Strange, but good and original. Well written for a short piece and I think the length complements the context. It made me think about it for a while, and that's always a good thing! It's different from anything else I've read on here and I commend you for that. Good job, well done :)