Reviews for The Ascension
Letomi chapter 27 . 8/19
OMG! A NEW UPDATE ! :3

Fian is again playing mind games with his enemies! xD

So what happened with others ? Azrin... Krite... Melfina... Lifa... Alzor... Mistress... Knight... other heroes... anyone... ? So many characters but no mention or development with them... :S
We got some many things happening but not much of development in last updates... :(
Hope we see more frequent updates now that you are back :D
Tokeria chapter 27 . 8/14
Ok Nice Idea Fian, not sure how you plan to do continue with it. Wont they notice that they all have same deal?
I get what you plan to do, still don't see how, but i get it what you plan to do.
No Mentor, the plan still didn't work but its getting there.
Still want to see what happens with other characters in the story. The story is nice but the updates are way to small and not much stuff happens in them. You really need to see to sit down and well make them longer. if needed just make few chapters and merge them, or just make a vit of chapter then make more of it later then again a bit more of it and when you get nice amount for a chapter just upload it as one big one. As of not not much to review in new updates.
Until next time.
Seshe chapter 26 . 8/9
Didn't seen a update for this one in sometime now.

Is Fian trying to make a alliance with Nelfania or something in those lines or just want to points out that he does not see them as a treat. The idea that he just wants to show to his prisoner how little her master is concern about her does make solid grounds so maybe that one. It would be a perfect option to break her stubbornness down if shown how little regards about it her dungeon keeper shows let alone try some type or rescue attempt or buying her out. Let's face facts here, Nelfania was all about power and money. No way she would waste on something disposable as minion. So I'm really interested to see where will this go and what would be fate of Fian latest prisoner.
Zeo I seen some of your views about mistress situation and possible outcomes. They do have solid grounds for that but still... that felt twisted.. brilliantly composed and fitting for her start... but still twisted... in a good way I guess.
Deval chapter 26 . 8/5
Nice move I would have to say. For him to try to talk to directly like that. I'm not sure about his attention, try to make that Mistress crumble by showing that her dungeon keeper don't give any concerns about well being? Possibly, but she could have expected that I guess already. Maybe to meet his enemy's, not sure.
Hope you update soon and with more stuff happening in the chapter.
ZeoUnit chapter 26 . 7/21
Well nice to see new update. But you really took your time, not to mention how short it was if take in to account how much time this one took heh...

Nice to sew how our favorite keeper is still breaking "common dungeon keeper" logic. Would be fun to see this "negotiation" between them. Will he bring in that mistress in to play while they talk. It could be used in many ways. Get mistress on his side, try to get additional info, get the iner understanding of how Nelfania works. Many options available. Its safe to assume that after this chapter its clear that mistress is discarded by her keeper if apply logic of what was said about her minions. How would mistress take that is another matter. Probably scare to the core but we shall see.
Hope you will now continue to update and try to make them longer please... No seriously... Make them longer... Its not even two page long...
Best wishes and good writing from ZeoUnit
Unread chapter 25 . 2/3
Omg this one is really good. Its still updated... right... RIGHT?
It better be. One heck of a interesting story. Want to see what would happen with that party and how will things end up for that mistress. It looks like best option for her would be submission or she is in big problem in a form of big red terror.
DDrider chapter 25 . 1/17
Cute story, interesting characters, hell of a short update.
Looks like Fian guy acquired himself a cute wild pet in form of enemy mistress, gonna bit interesting to see how he plans to tame this one. Mistresses are creatures of pain and bends only to strong after all.
Besides of that knight in away group everyone else are either blind by loyalty or stupid as hell. Everyone just thinks they can just walk back in command and that's that, come on guys use your brain. The only I can see as not stupid is knight and that easily scared fairy. At least she has a excuse since we know she is always scared of things and what people think about her and her actions to not angry someone, other don't. Knight is just plainly smart and not just meat material. Any chance you will increase amount you write for chapters and any updates any time soon ?
AddictedDucky chapter 25 . 12/31/2015
This is getting better every chapter :D
Tokeria chapter 25 . 12/18/2015
Pretty sweet work here. The chapter is written interestingly and again way wayyy to short for my like.
The Knight is as usual smart cookie and all the stuff he say are really reasonable. Seems Alzor the "old wise one" could learn thing or two from him. His blind fait in knight command might end up putting them in dangerous situation.
The part with raid and that mistress been captured and short talk to judge her possible cooperation was fun to watch. Hope she will rethink her situations and make smart choices. She seems like a bright cookie. Sure she likes pain maybe but don't think she would like to die from it.
The alliance of keepers looks promising but man does they threat one another don't they know what alliance is ? A bit of trust people can go long way. While we on the idea of multi keepers are there not any other ones what would maybe want to try to join in alliance with Fian also? I get that this ones were that got in trouble with Fian in the start but there are surely more of them out there that would try to straightened their relationship with the one that has the horny at his command. They might not like the idea but it would be Beneficial to them to have some assurances they would not be attack buy him temporary by him. At least in their minds would not feels as much but better something then none. Bet in time once they see his he works and actually helps his alliance they might really try out his concept of work.
In general good chapter the foreshadowing of the knight's warning gives idea of possible outcomes of the next chapter and that we might see other side how it works. Hope little Lifa will be OK poor girl really did got scared a lot on the Fian dungeon. Hope the next visit will be better.
While on old characters what happened with two sisters? We didn't see much of them lately. Are they guarding prisoner? Or trying to extract some info out of her. Can't see them going against Fian order of no torture but man it would be fun to see how else they might try that one.
OK right any chance we see what else of Fian creatures thinks and talk about Fians dungeon. Would be cool to seearguments between captured Mistress and random guards about Keeper Fian. Bet she would be surprised to see their reaction if she insult him. He he.
Inkkni chapter 25 . 11/26/2015
hmm Interesting development.
The Mistress and Fian conversation was fun to read. I enjoyed how The mistress looked to be very on edge with Fian and Horny in near location. Its amusing to see how she is playing strong side while we seen in one moment that she was panicking all over the place. Cant wait to see how will Fian tame this one. The deal his offering to her looks good on the surface. personally im interested in the "fine print" and apparently so is she, smart girl i give her credit on that part. Will she have any choice on the matter is different beast all together. in all honesty it would be amusing to see how would she survived in Fian's dungeon if you consider that he is totally different beast compare to others keepers. im absolutely sure she is not ready to not have conflict with Fians way of doing things and that's what would make it funny to see if she stay's. i can see punishments drop all over the place until she wraps her mind around the idea that his different then others. but in all sincerity i can see her also as one hell of a bodyguard with elf sisters if she can get past the idea that Fian will not ask of her to just die for him easily or something in those lines. I wonder how will she solve her addiction for pain thou. Mistress main feature was that she to certain point lived to get hurt by the keeper. Wonder how will Fian deal with this problem.
Would not like to see her killed by Horny since if he gets to interrogate her she is good as dead really. So im wondering who will be her integrator. Fian might be fitting since his keeper. Question how would he get the info. there are a lot of ways to torture someone not necessarily by inflicting pain mind you so we shall see. She is deadly as she is cute mind you. ;D
The departure was done great. I like the Knight way of thinking. Very spot on and with right set of mind. Alzor is was in this chapter to much idealistic and seems to cant grasp the possibility of what the Knight is suggesting. Alzor for your sake Lifa better be safe or i will find a way to get in this story and kinck you Wiz but you hear. :)
In all seriousness im worry about Lifa hope she will be ok. It seems she had some terrible experience in the past so i hope we get to see what it was and some help her about it.
The Alliance of the keepers looks cool but fragile as hell. They seems to get some plan that for once looks like reasonably good one if attack regular keeper. Thats where the plan hits the fat tick wall for now. Hope it does not backfire to them to much. I still want to see them around or maybe we get introduce some more of the keepers also. Some mention about maybe adding some other keepers on Fian side that will try different approach on how to bring him down. Let me be frank with this, any regular tactic would just have no effect so any that would join him sincerely or to try back stab would need to embrace his way of doing things and effectively lose any minions in the process. Only once loyal Keepers would have any perks with this since they still have loyal minions but become something of a client keeper of Fian with same ideals. The rest would lose everything.
its nice to see that you started to write more of the story again. With some luck we shall see more of the story soon.
CenturionBlade chapter 25 . 11/15/2015
Good continuation of your earlier chapter. I commend you on good introdustion of new character of this story. It didn't felt forced in anyway or out of place. The character Mistress does feel a bit out of character considering their nature in the game but it also must be taken in to consideration with who is in to room with her, not counting the Keeper other keeper that is not her master. Will that fact change remains to be seen.
The other keepers we seen was welcome sight. We got some hint what they plan at that was good.
The departure was done great consedering how it felt real with all the uncertain thoughts about how would they be seen by other. They raised some valid point, especially the points that knight made. Very well done indeed.
I will be waiting new chapters again.
Deval chapter 25 . 11/13/2015
Well now seems the plot will thickens a lot more soon.
The edition to the characters look good. She looks like she could be a interesting to watch how she develops and change as the story progess. The interaction between her and Fian looks like could be interesting. They relationship for now don't seems will go on friendly turn, more like master - servant on very primal level at start. Maybe something would developed later in par as the Elf sisters or something in those lines. It would be a lot of trouble moment if Elf reaction on Melfina was any of edition. If you think about it would make seance that they would not treat her as equals in the start. How would she cope with that I really don't know but I think if happens it would be fun to see.
The keepers were fun to watch. I like that they are trying to form some kind of alliance witch itself if interesting. Can't wait to see will it actually work. Would different creatures cooperate or would there be problems. Also Fian is a lot more unconventional enemy so I thought they would try to find more info about him. How is his standing with other keepers. I assume there are others that didnt got to have connection directly with him. Could even have different ideas how to approach to him since they didn't have hostile intentions to him and want to take advantage of it by position themselves as neutral or something that would be use full for now. He does have Horny at his command after all.
Maybe shown what is the word about him in Terrarium.
I like that Melfina is staying with him it will give more opportunities to see interaction between Fian, Melfina, Azrin and Krite. Maybe even interaction with new cast added. It could prove very entertaining with all possible events that could come off it.
The departure was done great, its rather interesting how our resident knight constantly voices his opinions. He is in many ways a voice of reason in this group apparently. I wonder what made him to be that much of realistic and on the ground type of person. Definitively not blinded by all heroic stuff ironic as that might sound. Lira is still cute and unsure of herself as ever. Hope in time she will get some of the self confidence so she will not get so scared of Fian and other things.
Alzor is a good man but by the look of things unlike the knight who is more of a down to earth type he seems to have put to much blind fate in to the over world command that everything will go easy. I just hope for all their sake and most importantly Lira sake that his right, otherwise this blind decision might come back to haunt him.
Fian and Mentor seems to have some kind of plan to use mistress to defeated his enemy's but with the way they mention it and what it might implement it could be totally unconventional by the keeper standards. Then again Fian constantly does stuff that are unconventional and intrigue his mentor. That is why its so fun to watch him do stuff.
Hope we will see more of the story when you get time to write again. And if possible make chapters longer with different events happening in one chapter. No need to rush.
ZiBeX chapter 1 . 11/12/2015
OMG YOU ARE BACK! AND I MISS SO MANY CHAPTERS!
I got lazy need to start watching out for this again...
Heh seems that our lovely little Mistress is in the tight spot. Hope her cute but dont get squash by Horny or Fian pinky finger. She seems like a smart girl that knows when things get seriously desperate even thou it seems like she is a bit stubborn and untruthful pretty sure self preservation will kick in if right buttons are press. Dont want to see her broken but she might chewed more then she can handle by been defies to Fian.
Cool to see new info on other keepers and what they do. Didnt see any action from those guys for sometime and our heroes are moving back to surface i wonder will that be a good idea considering all what happened but im all for it that Melfina wait... MELFY ?! OU man you made my day with this one. I can see Fian teasing all over the place and cant wait to see all the reaction from the sisters when they figure this one out. So much possible competition on our way in the future from those three... or maybe now four if this mistress thinks is in her best interest to get on his good side... i mean she is mistress you dont need to be rocket scientist to figure out what she applys by getting close to him now do you.

Any change we will see new chapters in more steady phase? it would be appreciated.
Allynas chapter 25 . 11/12/2015
Good to see you back. with Bit of luck we will get new chapters now on steady phase.

The reaction from the mistress as a prisoner was done good. I like that you shown that even thou Mistress is creature of pain if it was not done with her knowledge it can be unpleasant to her so it gives openings to show that she can be concern to be tortured by DK. It was fun to see how she was putting tough girl mask but it is still seen that she does not think she will get away out of it no matter the information's she gives. The Fian's Ultimatum didn't much help her also. I think all is base on how will she try to go, hard or easy way. We still don't know if she is loyal to her DK or does she even have a reason to be. We got hints that she does not trust DK word, witch is suggesting she had bad experience with her own DK in the past.
The mentor was done interestingly with all the comment and all that. I particularity liked his arguing with Horny since we didn't seen how his relationship is with Horny in general.

The Knight in this last chapter did really took center stage in a way. It was shown that he can think about their action could have consequences and that they might not be able to go back home or worse they could be trial as traitors. that shown that his realistic and not blinded to somethings. Im pretty sure if things "go south" he will be their ticket to get them all busted out of prison. He seems to be only one that uses his brain to think of something as a backup plan to get out of there.

I think Lifa is good little Fairy but she MUSt at least suspect that things will not go that easy and she at least must get it that she will be first in line to be call in to question by their superiors, For that matter the others should see this to but its ok. At least like I said the knight seems to realize this from what we seen so far.
Hope we will get to see more in detail how the Heroes command is working and their views on DK's and underworld in general.

The DK that want to form alliance sounds like a interesting idea. Provides they could not biker more then 5 minutes and not try to take advantage of others in like 10 minutes. It could work but as some already pointed out our dark Hero is not typical DK. It will be entertaining to see how they plan will probably implode in itself.
Good luck with next chapter see you soon
ZeoUnit chapter 25 . 11/11/2015
Well that was fast update...
Either you had it ready and split in two or you updated/write this one really fast not sure to be honest... But its good to see it never the less.
The interaction between the dungeon keepers in this chapter looked interesting from the plot stand point im just not sure how long that alliance will be sustainable given their background as of now and so far. Time will tell how that would go but some things are clear from the very beginning that might end up as counterproductive for them. Most notable one would be that creatures from both sides would meet. It gives Fian huge HUGE opportunity to make problems to keepers. Sadly they are operating on the idea that he acts as every Dungeon keeper. It would be easily assume base from reaction of his minion to get to logical conclusion how/what would happened. The life status of creatures in Fian dungeon is inconceivably better from the stand point of the creatures. I think our dungeon keeper alliance is going for some nasty surprise if their plan gets to fruition.
The hero part of the chapter was welcome edition. No, really it felt nice to see more things happen in one chapter. I say one chapter because I would think last two chapters as one since both updates were very fast and it did give us nice lenght of the chapter combined.
The hero conversation was done really well. I really enjoyed with small comment from the knight and how he really pointed out some valid questions and issues that might and would probably happened when return. From heroes command post, stand point I kinda would understand if they thought that they switch sides but it would probably confusing for them also why would they comeback so there will be some sticky issues regarding their comeback not to mention that report from that spy that might make things more problematic for them.
To put it bluntly they never had any encounter to someone like Fian so far and they might not be so open minded. Hope nothing bad happens to Lifa. She is fragile as it is and she would be on first front attack from the command based on idea that she was the only one that was free at that time. With so much possible fanatical belief in command if that dwarf is any indication Lira might be walking in some interrogation that might show the other side of that "shiny coin" that is not visible for the "public" if you get what I'm saying. Just hope she will go trough all of it safe and sound.
The knight so far from all new characters looks the most interesting, he knows how to use His brain and same as before is not blinded and just dont go charging like rhino at things. He evaluates the situation and comes to conclusions that are pretty darn well on the mark and is willing to counter argue anyone on his thoughts and back them up in debates. I like him and with bit of luck we will see him develop even more as the story progress.
The Mistress was not shown in this chapter but we did get some information about her status in the hierarchy of her master dungeon keeper. She was by their very on words one of the best they had but they clearly look more annoyed that they died and not accomplished their mission. Not even try to send scouts to find out what happened or if any are still alive to bring them back. If they treat their "elite" that way I can't see much loyalty from the regular minions then. Of course it doesn't mean she might not try to be loyal or other minions as well but it does make of a big stretch that they would do that. If add in possible realization of some things how things are done at Fian it would be really hard pressed to see differently. Maybe more of defiance from her part for some kind of view of pride maybe, but not from the regular minions.

OK so far so good hopefully we will see more updates in the future. No need to rush.
Best wishes and good writing from ZeoUnit