Reviews for A Divine Comedy
Lexicon chapter 3 . 4/12/2010
oh, this is just very good. I always liked that comic. This story expands on it well.
IVIaedhros chapter 3 . 1/18/2009
While the the sheer plot-bending ridiculousness of Mr. Mxyzptlk’s powers keep from fully enjoying this fic, I did still quite enjoy the imagery that you were able to show.
Miravisu chapter 3 . 12/26/2008
Great stuff, as always :)
Hiro chapter 3 . 11/19/2008
My only complaint is that it ended. I could see you taking this storyline much farther but even still it was a great read.

It reminded me of your serial killer story, another dark masterpiece that slowly brings Batman to his breaking point.

As always, looking forward to more from you.
Chibi Rose Angel chapter 3 . 11/17/2008
No words can express how much I enjoyed this story. Thank you so much for writing this.
TorontoBatFan chapter 3 . 11/17/2008
Very nice epilogue.

I'm guessing that the Joker is in drool mode because Superman and Spectre placed all the memories into his brain, to allow Bruce some peace. Am I warm? LOL

It would be nice if Bruce was able to keep up that ability to sleep so well. He deserves it.

Liked the bit with Babs bantering about the nuclear green taste of Ny-Quil. Why doesn't she just take the gelcaps like I do? LOL

It's a great epilogue to a great story. You're, without a doubt, the best Batman writer there is. Period.
stevebaillargeon chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
It's a good story, but I didn't still read Superman: Emperor Joker. I'll buy it soon, because the Joker is my favorite comics character and villain and also I like Superman.
a2zmom chapter 3 . 11/16/2008
Wow, a powerful and unexpected ending. Poor Alfred.
anonymousfog chapter 2 . 11/10/2008
You are such a great writer! Very moving! Please continue: I can't wait for an update!
Mrs. Grayson chapter 2 . 11/6/2008
how sad for bruce! and clark! i can't wait to see what is next :)
Calamity chapter 2 . 11/6/2008
I think it says a lot about Batman that it took being tortured and brutally killed hundreds of times in order to break his spirit. Anyone else would have lost their mind after the first week.

Scary, but stunning work.
MrE chapter 2 . 11/4/2008
Short compared to your other stuff but just as amazing. Although I love your series, I have to say I think I love your one-shots even more. There's something about how that masterful skill can be used in so many different settings and this setting is certainly different. I think the only other story you have that is that dark is Do Unto Others (of which is one of my favorites).

I am looking forward to more.

t of
TorontoBatFan chapter 2 . 11/4/2008
I just finished reading these two chapters, and they are something else. You have created a dark masterpiece combined with a marvelous character study.

I do hope that Clark and The Spectre are able to help Bruce. One question though: is The Spectre the spirit of Hal Jordon, or Jim Corrigan?

The epilogue should be a good read.

Once again, you've proven yourself to be the best Batman writer there is. Period. :-)
LAnger chapter 2 . 11/4/2008
Seeing how the original story arc was from Superman's POV this certainly makes things more interesting, and I think far scarier! I still remember when Superman found Batman dead on the door of GCPD, the look on his face was heart breaking and when he started to cry... OMG. I also love how you show Bruce dwindling down from being hopeful and still resilient and then to absolutely broken. The quotes from Dante's Inferno were perfectly placed, and fun too because they added this scary feeling to some parts.

I truly hope you add the final scene between Batman and Superman in the epilogue, I think it was the best part of the whole book! And the last line of the book, it makes me so sad every time!

[a2zmom, Superman doesn't actually get his memories, someone else does but it's a big part in how to story ends so I won't spoil it :)]
a2zmom chapter 2 . 11/3/2008
Very powerful. Even Batman has his breaking point. And to think that Clark would take on Bruce's pain is one of the many reasons that he truly is Superman.