Reviews for Self Destructive
The Confused One chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
OMG! Poor Alex. I'm not sure I see this. I really think she did have an abortion, but when she was in college or something. I find it hard to believe she reacted quite like this when Joe died. I can totally see her being stoic and shutting down, but I don't know if I see her getting drunk like that and going to someone, anyone and sleeping with them like that. Especially not Mike. He's so not her type. I just don't see her as the one night stand type. But this was very well written. Very poignant.
Naheniel chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
Hi,

well this is a really sad story but still it has some beatufil moments. You managed to really show Alex Duttons sadness and it made me somewhat feel with her.

I dont know how your work is with beta but this one was a little hard to read since not all descriptions were fluent, but on the other hand this still worked well with the stae of mind Alex is in.

Sometimes I had the feeling you were a bit jumpy during writing, so the sometimes the paragraphs seem unconnected, I think if you would make this story longer and placed more connections between the paragraphs this might work out even a little better.

Then drunk out of her mind she had driven slowly to his apartment. He was someone she hadn't seen since she had gotten married to Joe. He was someone who had once been a decorated (okay so not so decorated but still) Homicide detective who had lost everything when he had lost control. He was the first person she had fucked since leaving the Academy despite the fact she and Joe had been in a steady relationship. He was someone who was like a drug. Someone who was in many ways just like her.

He was Mike Logan.

She turned up at his apartment and initially he had refused her advances realising that she wasn't in her right mind, that she was drunk. But after her screams, her pleading, her well aimed punches they found themselves doing a horizontal tango on his living room floor.

Here for example in the first and the last paragraph you say she went to visit Mike, interrupted by the name.

The end was a little bit confusing, I am guessing Alex is pregnant and she doesnt know from whom but I found it a bit unclear.

Over all it was good work though, there are some confusing parts, but since I havent read something from you that has been betaread that might be the reason.
DixieH chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
This is a great idea. I've wondered what if she met Logan and Briscoe when they worked together and she was in uniform. But I couldn't work out the age differences etc in my head, so I let it go. I would have liked more detail and more evidence of her working out the pain and then maybe a reaction when Logan turns up at Major Case. Wish I written this! - Dix.
star jelly chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
wow. That was intense.
superfelix chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
Damn this was so hard...so emotional.

I can understand so good, that Alex went to Mike, just to do something to feel something, but then she was pregnant and didn't know who was the father...shit, if it was Joe's...she gives away her last bondage to him, if it was Mikes's maybe they could be a family. Mike is a wionderful man.

Wonderful as ever...thanks for this great one.
Purple Artichokes from Mars chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
O_O

Oh. My. God.

You broke me. Gah.

So I read it, and then was like - *no way* - and went back and read it again, and was like - omigod *no way* - and then went back and read it again and am now like Gah.

I have no words. This was GREAT.
nicolas chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
excellent...

i think i would have made it another male detective and not mike logan...

i think then the horror of 'who it belonged to' would be worse

but i think grief can make people do very bad/weird/sad things; and it sucks that bobby is the only one to have emotions in the show

mike wouldn't have fucked a drunk recent widow ...he would have probably punched her and knocked her lights out...and then hoped that when she regained conscious she wouldn't shoot him. lol

but overall thumbs up...