Reviews for Familiarity Breeds What Again?
terfle chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
I'm enjoying Burrs and Jackie together for some reason. Good job on this one
Subia Jasmine chapter 4 . 11/13/2008
You have no idea how much trouble I'm having, picturing Jackie in bright red oven mitts...

This is good fluff, which I didn't think could even be written for The Wild Party. Your Burrs is appropriately, as you said you were going for, "emo". This is where seeing the Merchant-Ivory film might be helpful, because Burrs as you write him seems very depressive. It's strange to read him this way, versus the angry and slightly psychotic portrayal of Mandy Patinkin. (Not bad, just a little jarring).

One note, however: the pieces I've read by you so far involve Burrs' jealousy being kept at bay by the assurances of another character. I would love to see you experiment with Queenie and Burrs in a conflict that isn't quite as resolved.

Good work, keep writing.
Subia Jasmine chapter 3 . 11/10/2008
Hey again!

This is interesting. Are you working purely with LaChiusa canon Burrs, because he sounds like a combination of LaChiusa, Lippa, and Merchant-Ivory characterization to me.

About your author's note: "The sliding scale of cynicism versus idealism..."
Subia Jasmine chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
For someone who doesn't like Jackie, you write him remarkably well. I'm waiting to see how Burrs develops. Nice job so far.