Reviews for JxHQ: Piety
J chapter 1 . 7/31
Don't get me wrong, this was beautiful. Wonderfully written and one of the best takes on The Joker crying I've read, but I question Harley. That was really sadistic, her, ahem, touching herself because of him crying.
HarleyQuinn95 chapter 1 . 6/7
This scene is my favourite part of the graphic novel. And you, with your brilliant words and your perfect understanding of these two characters, elevated it to a whole new level. This fic is truly beautiful and heart-breaking. I honestly do not know what else to say; I am left speechless.
Dark Gotham chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
I am not sure how to explain this but. I found this little piece strangely ... Pretty. I know that doesn't make since but that's the first word that came to my mind. I like how you wrote the Joker showing his emotions to Harley. He'd never really do that but this is just amazing and I really like how you managed to capture everything.
DustyDreamer chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
I've not yet read that comic, but this was great. You know what, I might just go order it tommorrow XD Fantastic job, I loved it completely!
mr jokey joke-maker chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
this was really great
Kim Starfish chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
Unbelievable and uncanny. I just don't understand how you do it, but it's smooth and makes more and more sense the longer it sinks in.

I love the fact that to acknowledge his weakness, to expose him to himself, is to betray the Joker. I enjoyed how incredibly fluid you made that idea, and it picks up in almost every paragraph. I think my favorite part of this entire idea is that his grief is a gift - and a double-edged sword, as that. I like the fact that it both completes and tears Harley apart; she's a woman of paradox (fit for her man!) in any universe, and you've depicted that beautifully here.

It's compelling and at the same time, ridiculously pitiful. The juxtaposition of her strength only when he is weak, and the opposite (that is, his strength the majority of the time, and her duty to be outwardly 'weak' to his whims) brings a huge and satisfying element of the regular-continuity Joker/Harley. I like the fact that you molded it to fit in a universe in which their relationship is presented so differently than it has been almost anywhere else.

Brilliant. :3
Alex Snape chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
This was actually my favorite part of the graphic novel. I paused in reading it and gazed for a full five minutes at it. I thought it was so beautiful and perfectly depicted their very fragile relationship. They didn't need to speak; it was in the way the held each other up.

Great story! XD
Altocat chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
Wow. Just wow.

I actually bought that "Joker" novel and hated the way they potrayed Harley (The'embrace' scene was the only good reason to read it) But the way you described in this...

It's beautiful and serene, like a painting. Loved the title.

Your fic was so well written that it actually got me a little teary eyed. I really hope you come out with more stories soon.
EmperorJoker09 chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
I have read "Joker" and when I came across this scene...between him and Harley...my heart dropped out of happiness. The bond they share, that no one can truly describe is sacred, and I love that you wrote about that picture, and I love that it inspired you to write this beautiful piece. Truly amazing...
IronKitten chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
I love this scene in the comic so, so, so much. I loved the way their relationship worked, too, it was fantastic, even at the beginning-she's at the bar, doesn't say a word to him and with barely a look knows what to do.

And this scene was just...so sweet. The sunglasses part was unbearably cute.
JaidenAye chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
This was really cool, just the way it was written and all...

You had an interesting point of view on their relationship, i liked it.
Ferret Coldfinger chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
Very nice, very very nice. What am I saying, it's wonderful!

One of my favorite aspects of the Joker as a character and archtype is the Newtonian idea that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. I like to think the Joker has somehow tapped a vein of pure Id and now acts completely free from any restraits such as morals or fear, with the absolute clarity of a child-god that is either the cause or effect of his insanity. And also his obvious intense masochism, his obsession with his own destruction, which perhaps is th reason for everything he does. So I like to think that for every obscene act he commits, for every hidous murder, he feels the full shattering, horrible reality, feels all the guilt and shame of the pure sickness of what he's done, just as he sees the absurdity of it, the futility and ridculous meaninglessness of everything. So for all the ecstacy there is equal disphoria. Or perhaps the other way around. He is a sick thing that is incapable of being healed and whose only real desire is to be euthanized.
Miss Malfaisant chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
I'm confused. Is this in the book or did you write it?

I DEFINITELY ORDERED THIS BOOK ALREADY. Based entirely on the fact that you mentioned it.

Do you live in Australia? You're like, my idol.
Koschei966 chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
really good, i got the joker comic book a few days ago and i think that that was the best scene in the book. :)
deeryheart chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
This is so touching. I loved these panels in the Joker, and they left me wondering... This is a perfect explanation and I am so glad you wrote this, thank you so much.