Reviews for Hephaestus
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 9 . 2/21
Hmmmmm... So, I conclude that this was an interesting story.
While I personally thought Draco was a little shit, pardon my phrasing, because of how he only values beauty above all... I also concede that it was an interesting take on that kind of person. I mean that, well, Draco wasn't completely shallow; he had feelings, he cared. He was just really honest about how much he valued beauty (and having grown up how he did and what part of society he lives in, it's no wonder).
And I actually think it's unfair and unrealistic to expect someone to turn their principles on end at a drop of the hat, regardless of how unreasonable the principles themselves are- I like how you didn't have him just do an about face. HOWEVER, in this last chapter particularly, I can see him working through changing himself. I really like how he's putting in effort, and it's a legitimate self-confrontation in a way. And I like how you showed these efforts to try to change himself- he realized exactly how he had hurt Harry, and tried to get over his feelings of disgust, even if it's taking time.
I also like how Harry himself had faults. His refusal to seek out other means of possible cure was defeatist and ridiculous- and his refusal to use the pain-relieving spells even a LITTLE was dumb, although admittedly I can see his angle on not wanted to get addicted. But still, I like how Harry had faults, and he also had some "give" in him, while Draco was changing himself- it wasn't a one-sided evolution, even if Draco had a larger fault to get over.

I also really liked Scorpius. Haha, that kid... :P
The spells they put on him seem a bit horrifying. But I like how the kid turned out. He could have easily been the pretentious twerp kind of character... x.x But I think he was a neat kid! ...haha, "You made lots of noise and kept me up, and you stink. you should take a shower. that's all. here, catch the doxie!" xD xD

So, all-in-all, while i personally think it's a totally risky kind of thing to touch on... I like how this turned out. I like how you characterized everyone; with the way some people really DO value beauty in the real world, it's neat how Draco represents the two sides of how some of these people CAN change, and also how difficult it is- so we can appreciate their efforts when they do and not get hung up on bitterness. It was a nice balance between the righteous hurt and anger, the reform, and the forgiveness.

A-M
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 2 . 2/21
Wow, draco's a complete bastard.
...I'm not certain that it would be considered a healthy relationship if they were to get back together...
...*sigh* But i'll keep reading a bit, because I'm curious. :P
viridianaln9 chapter 9 . 1/29
This is one of the best stories I have read, ever.
JackRenee chapter 9 . 10/19/2014
I adore your writing.
gem-care-ma chapter 9 . 10/10/2014
aghioel;asdfoiahgoawf
absolutely gorgeous!
Faith Smith Potterhead chapter 5 . 10/5/2014
"I just someone could be strong for me" that line was so perfectly sad revealing about how much Harry needs a strong partner, it simply tore my heart. It was both a simple and genius line, I congratulate you for it. Oh and great chapter by the way, poor Scorpius :/
Veneya chapter 9 . 7/10/2014
Omg! Loved it. You are one of the authors which can me cry at least twenty times in your stories. I really liked the way you dealt with the concept and characters and don't think anyone else could have pulled this off as well as you did. :)
Guest chapter 9 . 12/2/2013
Finally something different and interesting. I found this surprisingly well written and the conflict believable. Among the 1000s of repetitive fanfics i always find 1 hidden gem that's not pointless smut, cliche, or has an interesting story. This is one of those gems.
Guest chapter 9 . 9/17/2013
Great story, Scorpius is the best I adore him well done.
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 9 . 7/13/2013
He doesn't have to justify the desire. He wants it. That's enough. I've long said that the only reason people need for having done something is because they wanted to. We're hedonists at our most basic.

What they're doing is perfectly healthy. They're trying each other out. Seeing if they work. If they don't, they walk away. That's what you do when you're dating, which is what Harry said, not marriage, like Hermione said.

Ah Ginny. Breath of fresh air.

Again. Love Ginny.

He's definitely learning. I'm proud of him.

OUR SON! I'm done in.

Lovely. Finally the happy ending I was after. And believble, with them not accepting everything about each other, but learning. I like it. Well told story.
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 8 . 7/13/2013
Draco can stop throwing Harry's leaving in his face. He cannot honestly say that if he'd been unable to convince Harry to seek healingor wear glamours that he'd have stayed with him as he was.

I'm sorry, where the hell is Astoria?

Precocious. I've been trying to remember that word since chapter 1. That's what my Scorpius is.

Harry pitying his future professors is hilarious.

Better. Much better.

Ah Scorp. Ever the Malfoy.
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 7 . 7/13/2013
Finally, Draco. I'm proud of you.

Dammnn Harry. Tell them.

You say now that Harry watched his magic kill his torturers where before I believe you implied he was blinded by his power burst and when he recovered, it was to see the walls decorated with blood and flesh.

Ah, Scorp.

He already calls him Harry.
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 6 . 7/13/2013
Now, what was Draco's thought that people who have experienced terrible things attracted such results through their own actions again?

I don't care about Scorpius' scars. He can live with those. But I need you to tell me you're going to fix his neck to support his head again.

Oh Harry. Self sacrficing til the end.

Oh good. I need that neck fixed.

Scorp is stronger, braver, smarter than Draco will ever be. Are we sure they're related?

Tell it to them straight, Harry.

Harry doesn't want your affection because he thinks it's out of obligation now. And it likely is for now.

They only show Scorpius affection when he EARNS it? Bad parenting.

Not count, Harry. CAN count. He underestimated my boy.

Scorpius, my favorite character. Smarter, braver, stronger than them all.

One rejection after another with this one.

About time he started to think about more than himself. Question is, is it too late?
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 5 . 7/13/2013
I do marvel at Draco's thinking. No, it was not a slip of the tongue. He may not mean it later, but he definitely meant it when he said it.

Ah Harry. You're setting us both up for pain. I just hope there's pleasure thereafter.

Good gads. WHAT have you done to my favorite character?! All to prove a point most like. If he rejects Scorpius, I'll kill him.
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 4 . 7/13/2013
Oh yes, because begging for sweets in public was the highest of those offenses. The lack of decorum was the biggest issue. Malfoy has his priorities out of wack.

I reiterate- Scorpius is my FAVORITE character.

That's why he's so smart. Gotcha.

It sounded like Harry had tried to tell Draco about the torture. He told him they heated his skin before Greyback manipulated it before freezing it again. It sounded before like Draco didn't want the details.

Draco thinks he can get Harry to tell him about the torture and he's going to take NOTES on it? He's joking.

Oh yes, because loving and being loved and trying to convince yourself you're not is a contest. .

"I've come to hear the story you were too cowardly to tell me when we broke up." I don't even know what to do with this level of...I don't even know what to call it. Harry had just been put through a very traumatic experience, and he called him cowardly for not sharing it, not wanting to relive his torture? And after Draco was obviously repelled by his ugliness? He MUST be joking. Unapologetically himself, indeed.

Draco has no rights. None. Harry may have walked away first, in his hurt, but Draco didn't go after him. He gave them up just as much as Harry.

How an Harry NOT remember their relationship that way? After everything they'd been through, Draco was reviled by him simply by a drastic change in his physical appearance. If that was enough to negate everything else they had, then yes, thinking you were no more than a bed partner is fairly logical.

I'm sorry, Draco thought Harry was GLAD to have been tortured, to have REVELED in the experience? I think he might be legitimately insane.

So he basically said, "I can still love you, if you get rid of the scars." When the hell will he learn?

*claps* There you go, Harry. Tell it to him straight. Hes no worth the effot if he can't love you the way you are.

Though I do agree with Harry. Draco would exhaust his resources looking for solutions, and then when none arrived, he'd likely reject Harry again. And who can deal with that shit a second time? Not me.