Reviews for Hephaestus
fallout chapter 4 . 1/31
"...smoothskins."
-ghouls
expressivelight chapter 9 . 1/2
I truly believe that Scorpius was the best part of the entire fanfic. I am rather sorry to say that Draco and Harry annoyed me to no end in this fic, with Harry and his stubborn Gryffindor pride about 'bearing pain', and Draco not able to love someone for something as trivial as scars. I couldn't help feeling rather ticked off at that. Nevertheless, I truly do love your style of writing; wheew, and this was written about 8 years back! Well done, all the same. I look forward to reading more of your works!
Guest chapter 9 . 12/3/2015
Such a mesmerizing story. Such deep meaning. You've fully ultilized the personality of both characters in full potential. I'm amazed by the plot. Am heads over heels in love with this story.
Guest chapter 9 . 7/28/2015
Realistic to the point I freakin cried when Draco kissed Harry on his deformed face and accepted him. Beautiful.
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 9 . 2/21/2015
Hmmmmm... So, I conclude that this was an interesting story.
While I personally thought Draco was a little shit, pardon my phrasing, because of how he only values beauty above all... I also concede that it was an interesting take on that kind of person. I mean that, well, Draco wasn't completely shallow; he had feelings, he cared. He was just really honest about how much he valued beauty (and having grown up how he did and what part of society he lives in, it's no wonder).
And I actually think it's unfair and unrealistic to expect someone to turn their principles on end at a drop of the hat, regardless of how unreasonable the principles themselves are- I like how you didn't have him just do an about face. HOWEVER, in this last chapter particularly, I can see him working through changing himself. I really like how he's putting in effort, and it's a legitimate self-confrontation in a way. And I like how you showed these efforts to try to change himself- he realized exactly how he had hurt Harry, and tried to get over his feelings of disgust, even if it's taking time.
I also like how Harry himself had faults. His refusal to seek out other means of possible cure was defeatist and ridiculous- and his refusal to use the pain-relieving spells even a LITTLE was dumb, although admittedly I can see his angle on not wanted to get addicted. But still, I like how Harry had faults, and he also had some "give" in him, while Draco was changing himself- it wasn't a one-sided evolution, even if Draco had a larger fault to get over.

I also really liked Scorpius. Haha, that kid... :P
The spells they put on him seem a bit horrifying. But I like how the kid turned out. He could have easily been the pretentious twerp kind of character... x.x But I think he was a neat kid! ...haha, "You made lots of noise and kept me up, and you stink. you should take a shower. that's all. here, catch the doxie!" xD xD

So, all-in-all, while i personally think it's a totally risky kind of thing to touch on... I like how this turned out. I like how you characterized everyone; with the way some people really DO value beauty in the real world, it's neat how Draco represents the two sides of how some of these people CAN change, and also how difficult it is- so we can appreciate their efforts when they do and not get hung up on bitterness. It was a nice balance between the righteous hurt and anger, the reform, and the forgiveness.

A-M
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 2 . 2/21/2015
Wow, draco's a complete bastard.
...I'm not certain that it would be considered a healthy relationship if they were to get back together...
...*sigh* But i'll keep reading a bit, because I'm curious. :P
viridianaln9 chapter 9 . 1/29/2015
This is one of the best stories I have read, ever.
JackRenee chapter 9 . 10/19/2014
I adore your writing.
gem-care-ma chapter 9 . 10/10/2014
aghioel;asdfoiahgoawf
absolutely gorgeous!
Faith Smith Potterhead chapter 5 . 10/5/2014
"I just someone could be strong for me" that line was so perfectly sad revealing about how much Harry needs a strong partner, it simply tore my heart. It was both a simple and genius line, I congratulate you for it. Oh and great chapter by the way, poor Scorpius :/
Veneya chapter 9 . 7/10/2014
Omg! Loved it. You are one of the authors which can me cry at least twenty times in your stories. I really liked the way you dealt with the concept and characters and don't think anyone else could have pulled this off as well as you did. :)
Guest chapter 9 . 12/2/2013
Finally something different and interesting. I found this surprisingly well written and the conflict believable. Among the 1000s of repetitive fanfics i always find 1 hidden gem that's not pointless smut, cliche, or has an interesting story. This is one of those gems.
Guest chapter 9 . 9/17/2013
Great story, Scorpius is the best I adore him well done.
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 9 . 7/13/2013
He doesn't have to justify the desire. He wants it. That's enough. I've long said that the only reason people need for having done something is because they wanted to. We're hedonists at our most basic.

What they're doing is perfectly healthy. They're trying each other out. Seeing if they work. If they don't, they walk away. That's what you do when you're dating, which is what Harry said, not marriage, like Hermione said.

Ah Ginny. Breath of fresh air.

Again. Love Ginny.

He's definitely learning. I'm proud of him.

OUR SON! I'm done in.

Lovely. Finally the happy ending I was after. And believble, with them not accepting everything about each other, but learning. I like it. Well told story.
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 8 . 7/13/2013
Draco can stop throwing Harry's leaving in his face. He cannot honestly say that if he'd been unable to convince Harry to seek healingor wear glamours that he'd have stayed with him as he was.

I'm sorry, where the hell is Astoria?

Precocious. I've been trying to remember that word since chapter 1. That's what my Scorpius is.

Harry pitying his future professors is hilarious.

Better. Much better.

Ah Scorp. Ever the Malfoy.