Reviews for What We Once Were
aleandrek chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
This is amazing! Please start writing again!
written.fiction.addiction chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
This is an amazing story. Their, especially Daine's, emotions just seem so real. The one thing I sort of have a problem with is Jon pushing them into political marriages. I know he's king and he would do it if was truly the only option to avoid war, I just can't see that sort of situation arising. Yes they're not world famous mages, but neither of them are in the nobility or even citizens of Tortal by birth. I can't see how another country/family would be seeking a political marriage with them badly enough for this to prevent any wars.

Still, it’s an excellent bit of writing, and if the situation ever had come out like that I could very easily see your story happening.
gheese50 chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
This is very good even though it is incredibly sad and depressing
K chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
The idea seems very strange considering the characters, but I think this was very well written. Great job.
dares to dream chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
Wonderful! This was a beautiful little romance ficlet. I really enjoyed it! :)

dares to dream
Eternityfalls chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
Sad :( Well written, though I have some trouble with the premise that Jon would pressure them into political marriages and that they would go along with it. Besides that, Daine's thoughts and emotions feel very... real is the closest word I can think of at the moment. The last sentence sums up the general feeling of the story perfectly, "We were heroes once too."
mistywabbit chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
Really, really good in that depressing kind of way. Sweet and sad and all that you could want in D/N AU angst. Thanks. :)
Dozey212 chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
its awsome! write a second chapter about her kid or whatever... or make the othe rpeople die (sorry if u like 'em) and get daine and numair together. they BELONG together. EVEN IN FANFICTION!
kotokodainetohru chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
All I can say, well... I never review anything. I mean, I don't do reviews because I'm mean like that. However, this... was fantastic and beautiful. It was so sad but wasn't and I'm sure you really don't want to hear how I've dissected it because that's how I am with my stories. I'd rather know that someone's at least read it and added it to their life experiences... I love it and I will beg you to write something more like it... Not to this particular one, but in general. Anything else added to this would... ruin it I believe. Anyway, thank you for giving me this story.
math music reading chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
So I've been coming back and reviewing since you are one of my very top favorite authors on this site and I've been realizing just how important reviewing is. This fic wasn't lighthearted and happy but it's still spectacular. Daine and Numair seem so IC even though I as the reader wish what was happening wasn't happening. I really think your writing is of the best caliber and I hope you continue. Please update soon and I think you could seriously publish something totally original of your's!
buggie21 chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
It's so sad and sweet and Numair and Daine-like!

I actually read it a long while ago, then randomly stumbled upon it again, and was like, "Damn, I never reviewed it!"

Anyways, I love it!

Sam.
chst chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
This is a depressing change of the story. Kind of glad it wasn't so long, cause now I'll forget it easier. Don't mean the story is bad or so, just not what I like to read.
Cygnet Shearwater chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
hey, that was...sweet, in a sad sort of way. I loved reading it, mainly because it was beautifully done, and I really am hopelessly addicted to DN agnst. lovely as always!
Magda Jan Brown chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
Wow, Sylv, well I thought this was rather breathtaking! What lovely writing, and a fantastic conceit- as I harassed you in private I shall do it in public and URGE you to make this a series...What a great structure you already have set up! And I just thought it was beautiful, moving writing...perhaps the best ending I have read EVER. You had me nearly-bawling in the toilet;-)

Bravo my dear! You're an inspiration.

M

x
TeresaDelay chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
I thought this was really good. You wove the plot of the current story and the back story in together really well.