Reviews for Tapedeck
amyh52 chapter 1 . 2/18/2014
This was so poetic really. I wish I couuld see the drawings Casey created. they sound lovely
Caris L. Clearwater chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Great story. Pretty dark, but I loved it.

-peace
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Wow, that was definitely something. It's always a competition between those two.

I like how the epilogue one was finally in Derek's POV (mainly) but it's amazing to see how their 'relationship' had turned so 'dark' as if neither of them had any control of the outcome.

Nicely done.
Avide chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
There are some great lines in this story, I think.

Like "-Until there is no car, and she’s falling up instead of down and clouds are hard like bricks. The vapors stick to her like a second skin and wrap her in a sticky cloak, and the little molecules whisper to her. (You lost your secret.)"

and

"It looks a little like hell around here".

I like the tension and the language, the descriptions, the characters you drew up. Good job overall. This is definitely a piece to be proud of.
hushhushyou chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
I'm convinced you should start writing more for this fandom. This was utterly amazing. I loved the format of the story. It flowed so smoothly even with all the cuts from Pause, Rewind, Play and then with the breaks in between each scene. The character depth you had with Derek&Casey was perfectly synced. I loved them both equally in this story. You got their personalities, thoughts, actions, everything down to the core. It was so unbelievably in character that it was hard to process that through all the angst. So wonderful :) I really love that though they both realized they love each other, it didn't turn out cheesy or 'happily ever after'. It was just Derek&Casey. Which really, that's all you need in a story. But anyway, you seriously knocked me off my feet with those scenes when Derek cornered Casey or backed her into the bed. I got chills (they're multiplying) down my back because of all the sexual tension running through them. It was electrifying (Okay I'll stop with the Grease references now). Really though, your writing is brilliant! Especially with Casey. I loved when it just hit her (and Derek) that she was falling for him. With something so subtle as writing Derek's name instead of Romeo or drawing pictures of couples that resembled Derek and her. It was well put along with how Derek reacted to it all. It wasn't just 'Oh I like you back, let's be a couple'. Derek had to go through some mental turmoil before realizing all together. So yes, this story was wonderful and I hope to read more from you :)!
Fadetonoir chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
*sniff*

Don't worry: Happy Tears.

I absolutely, undeniably, truly LOVED this. (And Can I borrow Your Derek?)

LOL

Love

FadeToNoir
SoRightItsWrong chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
Holy crap. That was the most amazing thing ever! It was so beautifuly done. It made me almost cry! Im just in awe. So amazing I think this has to be my favorite one-shot ever. Wow...

-Dezzie
Floaging chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Really good, dark, and sad but really drags you in.
WhenLighteningStrikes chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Oh My God. This was so much brilliance altogether, I'm still having trouble comprehending it. Because what a *fabulous* characterization of Casey (I can't write her myself, so I always appreciate it more when someone else does.) and I LOVED the formatting. It gave an entirely new depth and between-the-lines thing. And also the idea of how her feelings came out (writing Derek instead of Romeo) is so very well thought-out and natural. Because there are lots of times when I'll be doing something else entirely, and my thought process will take a life of its own and then ten minutes later I'll realize I just wrote an essay on something else entirely.

I loved Derek's reaction, how he didn't fall in love with her immediately, and sort of freaked out, because the idea *is* pretty freaky, if you're not used to it. (even if their UST is off-the-charts, melting my TV screen)And also the whole metaphorical thing this story has going on is fabulous.

Poor Casey, you actually made me *feel* for her, she fell so hard.

I can't *believe* you haven't written anything for this fandom since. If I beg, will it make any difference?

Absolutel it.

Love

WLS
singyourmelody chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
intense. and amazing. you captured them so well. the constant battle back and forth. and you did it without compromising derek's character (which is so hard to do!). because let's face it, he can be a complete ass. excellent.
iwannabethefirstme chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
wow

sad dark intense amazing
Vine Verrine chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
It's been a while since I actually reviewed a fic.

Well what a better thing to start with something really amazing.

And what a better thing to start with a review to your fic.

The concept is abstract an absolutely lovely, I like the sorrowfulness and helplessness Casey shows.

If there is a subtitle for this I would call it "the cliff".

Because really she just fell.

Lovely.
Alli Copen chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Press Play: I loved your idea of making the story roll out on a old version tape, (I'm assuming it's the old kind.) well more like a play. It's unlike anything else I've ever read on Fanfiction! The dark relationship you have growing between Casey and Derek throughout this story is very consuming; there are so many levels to it. The way you write is so addicting; once i began reading I didn't stop. One passage I particularly liked is this:

"He’s like a damn drug. She knows if she uses for long enough, she’ll get the hang of it. Just the right dose, the right vein to inject… Once she figures it out, it’ll be so good she won’t be able to stop."

It's a good way to describe Casey's feelings for Derek; an even better one to describe it in a darker twisted sort of fashion.

Amazing write, I hope you write more about the two sometime in the future!
Lanter chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Wonderful one-shot and I love the writing style that you employed in telling it. There was an interesting ebb and flow to the fic that truly captured the Derek and Casey relationship in an interesting way. Very nice job.
Skewlie chapter 1 . 11/8/2008