Reviews for Mrs Parr's Gargoyle
Diporae chapter 5 . 7/14
This was probably one of the most hauntingly beautiful pieces I have ever written in or out of fanfiction. Even now after reading it, I can feel so many emotions threatening to overwhelm me. It was incredible; you are a true artist in your craft.
Koalagriton chapter 5 . 7/14
You crushed my heart! Ahhh so sad and beautiful. thank you-
Lunar Mist chapter 5 . 7/17/2014
That was the saddest masterpiece of TMNT literature I have ever read. Alzheimer's is such a scary condition, and I feel so bad for Mrs. Parr and for Denise. At least Mikey was able to give her something of comfort. Poor lady. :(

Amazing read, though. You captured the emotions perfectly, and made me cry at the very end. You captured the confusion of her lost memories, the fear and apprehension. I've never seen another fic like this, and I'm certainly glad I saw this one.
Rachel McN chapter 5 . 5/27/2014
A very well-written story with an intriguing perspective and crushing emotions. I was crying by the time I finished. Loved it :)
Guest chapter 5 . 2/18/2014
This story is absolutely stunning.
bemurakawa chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
This left my crying and stunned. I tend to agree with another reviewer-this can't justifiably be called fanfiction. It's just fantastic and it's so rare to find a writer who can deal with old age with such fairness and honesty and realism. Truly enjoyed reading this-probably one of the best and most touching stories I've ever had the pleasure of reading.
Egg chapter 5 . 12/31/2009
This was brilliant.

Provocative, dealing with issues lots of people would shirk away from, taking a POV most writers would be wary of touching. To call this "fanfiction" would be an insult; I think I'd rather refer to it as fiction borrowing a bit of information from another medium, actually.

Absolutely stellar. If you have any desire to be a professional writer, I hope it comes true.
tFantasyFan chapter 5 . 4/1/2009
This story was incredible. It was beautiful, and real, and heartbreaking all at once.

And I'm terrible at reviewing in the morning, and I do apologize for that. Believe me, though, this was just.

It was amazing. I can't believe it took me so long to find this fic!
batfan7 chapter 5 . 3/20/2009
What a sad, yet so well written story. Not a happy ending, but then again, if any story went all the way to the end, is it ever really happy? I have to say that Alzheimer’s is one disease that I really, really hope I never get. Talk about a horrifying way to go, in my opninion. And you wrote about Mrs. Parr's slow descent so realistically...

I can't say I enjoyed the story (it was a bit too depressing for that), but it was very well done.
Bebe chapter 5 . 3/2/2009
I'd like to give you an awesome review but I'm crying my eyes out and choking to death on sobs.
KameTerra chapter 5 . 2/17/2009
I'm choked up right now, as I finish reading this story. It's poignant, and pitiable, and charming, and uplifting, and passionate, and unexpectedly riveting for a work that is almost entirely inner narrative. Yet never once did my attention wane. This story had to have been daunting to write, but I'm so glad you did! I wanted so badly for Mrs. Parr to know that her gargoyle lived up to all of her thoughts of him and then some. I wanted her to know he had friends and family who cared about him, and that if she had had the chance to know him, he would have seen her beauty as a person, regardless of her age.

I don't know how you managed to capture the wandering thoughts of Mrs. Parr, but they felt completely real. And even though we never saw Michelangelo's point of view, the story was undeniably ABOUT the TMNT.

Thanks for writing this! And best of luck to you in the competition!

Sky Mirror chapter 5 . 12/9/2008
This is the sweetest and saddest story I have ever read. I love it very much. You did an excellent job on it.

1Anime0Lover1 a.k.a. A.L. or Al
calliopechild chapter 5 . 12/5/2008
This was so poignant, and touching, and heartwrenching, and just...wah. Such an amazing story. I love the thought of this, of someone falling in love with one of the guys without hardly even talking to them; it's nice to think we have people like that still in the human race. This was so well-crafted and lovely, and I adore the character you put together and the way you portrayed Mikey. The fantasy life was wonderful, and I really enjoyed this. Very sad, but you still managed to slip in some measure of comfort for both Mrs. Parr and your readers at the end. Wonderful job, and thank you for a fantastic story. :)
Tristripe chapter 5 . 11/15/2008
Wow...and i mean WOW! I have worked at a skilled nursing facility at a retirement home, and i have never seen anyone portray an old woman's pain and happiness as well as you have. Amazing, and heart wrenching. I was nearly in tears by the last chapter, and I so wished mike would see her again talk to her, but that wouldn't be real. The fact that he noticed her and had her in one of his drawings was enough.

Seriously painful. Wonderful. Amazing.

TheIncredibleDancingBetty chapter 5 . 11/14/2008
The end? Really?

Man! I didn't realize that I missed that many chapters!

I loved the story, you played out the symptoms to Altzeimers perfectly. But it was so sad! Me working on my second bottle of wine probably doesn't help me much, but you nearly had my crying!

An excellent (but terribly sad) ending to a terrific story. If I have it my way you'll get nominated in the fanfic awards for sure!