Reviews for 20 Random Facts About James A Peakes
PseudonymousPersona chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
Another good one.
I like that the BoH stuffed some of the younger ones up as much as the older ones. Because it would, but that fact is often skimmed over.
RumbleRoar811 chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
I had St Jimmy by Green Day stuck in my head the entire time that I read this.
BKL8008 chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Another good one. Even with all the trouble, and the rough way he had to go, it's still moving.
kci47 chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Shouldn't come as a surprise when I say that you've done a great job bringing Jimmy's character to life!
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Wow this one had been unexpected but good to see, that not everyone was even one semblance the same after the war, that some people were messed up but still functional. I really liked this one, I like the way you write these, in a way that doesn't give you all the details but gives you a lot.
Emily chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
Wait, so does he die in #20?o-0
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
I love how you include the trouble he had adjusting to life after war- especially with returning to school.

KrisEleven
d chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
lovely adds dimensions to a lesser known character
SWaddict1986 chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
"With four older sisters, Jimmy spent the first few years of his life as a human baby doll"

Heh, poor kid. I love how his father described him as the sane one :P

"Immortal, invincible, bound to no law and known by no man! The Golden Cloak is all that stands between the Dark Arts and darker days for wizarding kind! He followed the adventures of the rogue wizard every week on the WWN, and he owned every one of the Scenics that had ever been published, watching them over and over again until the illustrations were trudging exhaustedly through the motions and casting dirty looks up through the dog-eared pages."

HAHAHA that's so great. That's great. I can definitely see Jimmy as being a "nerd" like that.

"But the first time he saw her in her Quidditch uniform, it was a whole other spell. There was something about her legs and bum in those tight white trousers that felt just like a Confundus"

LOL aw. Ginny really does turn quite a few heads, doesn't she ;)

"When he finally got a look at it, it was so gory and grotesque that he didn’t really feel anything except a kind of distant amazement that he could see his teeth from the outside"

UGH! How nauseating

"If they ignored it and looked him deliberately only in the eyes or anywhere else, they wouldn’t be able to deal with the fact that it – and everything else connected to it – had happened. If they kept staring at it and looked sick, he needed to cut them off for their own protection. If they looked fascinated, they were only in it for the glory of dating a DA boy, and if they looked at it in pity, he wanted no part of that. Eventually, he came to the same realization they all did and wound up dating Rose Zeller, a Hufflepuff from his own year who had taken almost three years to even start being able to walk again, but who had a wonderfully black sense of humor and could kiss like Fiendfyre. In the end, they all turned to their own."

Sometimes it's so difficult to find someone who would even begin to understand what you went through/are going through/feel, etc. Sometimes you just have to turn to someone who does completely get it. I'm glad he found someone who complimented him.

"Sometimes, in later years, he would take it out again and stare at it, shocked by how small it was, how completely ruined, and tears of thanks would slide down the grooved flesh of his face that he had somehow, amazingly lived."

Aw. That made me tear up for some reason, but it did.

" He went by Jim with all but the D.A. "

Huh, now that's interesting.

" He took almost ten years to find someone else after Rose was killed. "

:( :( That's so sad, I feel terrible for him. And yet I'm so glad he was able to find someone else.

And after the twins' inventions, being a Nimbus/ Firebolt Test Flyer was perfect for him hahaha
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
Interesting. A real thrill seeker to the end and an ideal soldier for the DA.
jdee-mysteries chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
Again...WOW. I especially liked #20...I so wanted at least one of the DA to have a happy ending. One question though; are these compliant with the 'Sluagh' canon?
Elledreamer chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
Oh I just love these, they're so personal and it really makes them even more real. Plus, it's brilliant getting to learn more about them from the DAYD universe... It was really interesting too to see how he turned out (aww!). You really are a brilliant writer you know...