Reviews for Hunter, hunted
kurarisusa chapter 1 . 9/28/2014
This really confused me at first, but the ending makes so much SENSE! Mainly because Dean is not even remotely capable of killing Sam. Heck, he's still getting flack from fandom because he wasn't even able to LET his brother die. I think Dean would kill himself AND let the world burn before seeing Sam come to harm. And that's one reason we love him!
RogueWhisper chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
Oh my.

That makes the gut clench and the mind race.

That's messed up right there.

I don't know if Dean could do it like that.

But I think he could do it.

I have just the one story, but it's a what if?

What if Dean really had to kill Sam.

It's from both their points of views, although I keep forgetting to type the 2nd one.

You write well.

It sucks people in.

you're doing it write Zatnikatel.

You really are.
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
This story scared me-and then I was mortified when it turned out to be Dean who was being hunted!
Mystique Aqua chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
I was confused as to who was going after who! I thought that Dean was after Sam because of Ruby... but hell, I didn't imagine it was the other way around :0

But being Dean, I would not think that he would be so weak and so afraid of Sam. He would have stood up to him, not run and hide from Sam, right? After all, he is the tough and macho brother right. He would not let Sam bully him ;) But hey,maybe something happened earlier on that made him do that..

Anyway, what a great and suspense start... I had to read it a couple of times just to get the story right.. Please update soon as I can't wait to see what will happen to Dean.
graceofgod chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
Let me try this again... my ff account crashed out an I couldn't do anything, so third time lucky!

LOVE the story - was in fits trying to work out who was who. It's a little confusing at times, but I think (hope? In a strange way, I guess!) that it's Sam calling and Dean who's ended up with Ruby. The role reversal in this is such a perfect completion of what's happened in the last season of the show - Sam really does sound like a very nasty Dean, albeit twisted into something much colder. Is this really what Dean would have been like if he ever had had to hunt Sam? And poor, poor Dean, so shattered he'd even accept Ruby? Is she the scheming bitch she turned out to be in the show? (No, I'm not a Ruby hater. In this case, scheming bitch is a compliment! Honest! :) )

Anyway - fantastic, twisted little tale of determination and brokeness and brotherly love gone horribly bad.

Hitting the button and hoping it works...
Tisha Wyman chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
I didn't see that coming. Very good.
RhiannonNymph chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
Wow, so blindsided there. And I loved it.

You've got such a way with words. It's seriously like you're just painting a picture. This was just fantastic.
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Dude! You are completely evil, in such a great way! Had me feeling sorry for Ruby, suckered me in about who was hunting whom...very well done! Loved the superlatives of the opening 'graph, the description of the mentally and physically exhausted brother, the empathetic look at Ruby's psyche. Nice job!
amyblair chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
Really good, Z.

When I started reading this, I actually pictured Dean in the chick car with Ruby, thinking they were looking for Sam so when I got the the end I kind of knew.

I love the breaks in this, the alternate POV's and I dig the phone calls. Pretty cool.
Medic04 chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
Love it! Gotta love a Dar!k Samm!
pickamix chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
So I'm reading all your stuff now... I've decided this... take the compliment 'cause I'm picky... I've checked the subscribe to Author box and everything. I really liked the twist of this story.
Velvet Green chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
Heh, nice job with the reveal!

"But it was a pleasant enough journey along roads straight as an arrow, the sun strobing madly between trees as tall as he’d ever seen, sending him perilously close to terminal migraine." - I love the imagery in that line.

I also like the title you gave it, and the bit with Sam leaving threatening messages on Dean's cellphone - he's really turning into a psychopath. That showdown is going to be ugly...
psiChic chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
*jaw drops*

NICE twist. Your writing is awesome. I just came from your other story and I LOVE it. Keep it up!
Ster1 chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
Just read your other fic and decided to give this one a try too. OMG. Your writing is so evocative and I love the twists. I hope you keep writing more SPN stories!
highfalutin chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
Oh I can so see how this grows out of your other story. And you had me on the end line: I really thought it was Dean hunting Sam. Love your use of Ruby too: she's almost playing Dean's role in this. It sorta scares me because it is just so bleak.