Reviews for King of Swords
agz92310 chapter 22 . 7/28/2019
I really wanted to like this but it was a bit too different.
You're an amazing writer though, the plot just wasn't for me.
Temple Cloud chapter 18 . 3/22/2019
I love this story. I hadn't thought that Snape didn't know much about the Horcruxes; after all, he knew that Dumbledore had been fatally injured by a cursed ring, and he knew that Harry, Hermione and Ron were on a quest searching for something that would make it possible to defeat Dumbledore, and that he needed to give them the Sword of Gryffindor. I'd assumed that, from what Phineas Nigellus had overheard and relayed to him, he'd have known they were searching for Horcruxes, even if Dumbledore had tried to avoid telling him (so that Voldemort couldn't find out from him). But possibly Dumbledore had waited until Snape was out of the office, then made Phineas Nigellus and the other portraits swear not to tell?

What I find harder to believe is that Harry could possibly not have known that Snape had been on their side all along, even after he'd viewed Snape's memories. On the other hand, perhaps his own mental damage from Horcrux exposure stopped him from BELIEVING this after a while, as it does in Ashes of Armageddon by Emily Waters - not available on this Fanfiction site, but see

hp. adult-fanfiction story. php?no600016767&chapter1
Temple Cloud chapter 15 . 3/21/2019
Aaargh - the portraits show each of them as they last were BEFORE being exposed to a Horcrux - which in Harry's case means going back to when he was one year old, before BECOMING a Horcrux. Beautiful chapter - your writing is so beautiful it makes my heart almost burst.
Temple Cloud chapter 13 . 3/21/2019
I like the idea of the Room of Requirement being alive and conscious - even though this means it can suffer pain. After all, this applies to so many other things in the castle, such as portraits - so why not the Room of Requirement?
Temple Cloud chapter 6 . 3/16/2019
This story is so beautiful that it makes my eyes prickle, but I'm perplexed by your note at the end of this chapter. Do you mean to say that you did an Ogham reading in real life for fictional characters in a story that you are writing? Why would Tarot cards or Ogham cards know more about the situation your characters face than you do? Surely writing a story IS 'stacking the deck'? Or was this intended to produce an element of unpredictability: that you hadn't decided for certain where your story was going, but were going to take whatever elements the Ogham cards produced and weave them into your story? Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.
Temple Cloud chapter 2 . 3/12/2019
I'm puzzled by Hermione's sarcasm: 'Didn't you wonder what we were doing all those months in hiding?' Surely she knows that Snape had been keeping track of how they were getting on (via Phineas Nigellus), that he was the one who sent them the Sword of Gryffindor to destroy the Horcruxes, and that he had been all too aware of what the cursed ring had done to Dumbledore? Had Harry not talked to her about what he saw in the memories, or is she just so wound up that she doesn't care about being reasonable?

This is another of the stories, like Whitehound's

www. /s/2608743/1/Mood-Music-aka-Sound-is-a-Horse

where 'Muggle' does not mean 'non-magical' but simply 'not the SORT of magic that Rowling's wizards are familiar with'. I like stories like these - I've often thought that the existence of different kinds of magic-user was something that Rowling's stories lack, compared to Diana Wynne Jones, Terry Pratchett, or Patricia Wrede. I'd definitely recommend 'Mood Music' and its unfinished sequel 'Sons of Prophecy', involving a friendship between Snape and a Muggle shaman, if you haven't already read them. It was Whitehound who recommended your story to me.
Chancc chapter 23 . 12/26/2018
This fic is going to have a special place in my heart. It was so beautiful. Everything about it was just transcendent. The theme, the pain, the healing and ultimately, the love that shown through sent warmth through me just as it did Severus and Hermione. Thank you so much for creating this piece and sharing it with all of us. I’m so glad it was recommended to me. You’ve absolutely become one of my favorite writers. I hope to read more of your work!
Chancc chapter 14 . 12/25/2018
I was going to wait to review chapters once I had made my first read through (it’s hard to tear myself away from this even for a second) but good god I had to stop and just say that the welcome and support of the professors brought happy tears to my eyes. I’ve already shed a few tears for this fic but ugh this chapter struck right to the core. Everything about this fic is so wonderfully done. I can’t wait to continue.
Fefehale chapter 17 . 9/6/2018
Great chapter!
Fefehale chapter 10 . 9/6/2018
I’m really enjoying this story and I love the characters. Intense !
CaliforniaCougar chapter 22 . 3/12/2018
ahhhh what a fascinating, exhausting, and (no pun intended) magical piece of writing. I devoured this in a few hours. thank you for writing it.
professorflo chapter 1 . 11/5/2017
This was fantastic! Beautifully written and with great pacing. I particularly liked the way you wrote them both occasionally descending into their own private hell and the other would have to pull them back out again! X
CenorinaISChachie chapter 22 . 9/18/2017
very unsatisfying ending
Guest chapter 22 . 6/19/2016
Love this!
sevslave1 chapter 22 . 5/19/2016
hauntingly beautiful story. definitely one of my favorites. I wish there was an epilogue though. it's just so good I want more!