Reviews for King of Swords
excessivelyperky chapter 22 . 4/4/2012
Oh. How very marvelous and wonder-full. They all were healed by that baptism of joy.

(goes off to wipe my face with a dishtowel, a handkerchief just won't do it).

Brava!
excessivelyperky chapter 21 . 4/4/2012
Brilliant chapter. It's sad that Severus has to be alone, at least at first; and then he turns out to be connected to all of them, the way it should be. After all, a gaggle of Gryffindors needs _someone_ to help keep order.

The first one to walk through the glass is Arthur; and the first to sink into the peace of the place is Neville.

And I suspect that Ron will finally get to be hero; but that Severus is already seen as one by all of them.
excessivelyperky chapter 20 . 4/3/2012
Alone, neither here nor there? Or—

He stepped forward, conjured a chair, and settled in next to Hermione. She slipped her hand into his again and sighed.

-Yes, that's how it done. But it was a long, hard road before Severus could believe he would be welcome if he did that with anybody.

And I'm not surprised he has an Albus-flashback around Flitwick. Filius _did_ try to kill him, after all, and it's difficult for Snape to forgive every single person who's tried; there seem to be so many of them.

But with Hermione's wit and Neville's courage (I wonder if there's a chopped up serpent at the bottom of that Knight of Swords card), and Minerva's Scots stubbornnness, they're on their way.
excessivelyperky chapter 19 . 3/9/2012
Marvelous chapter. At last they are beginning to come together, instead of dividing against each other. Minerva holds the balance (though she has her own sins, she is blessedly free from guilt and thus can hold the center, at least for now. After all, anything _she_ did in the War was for the Greater Good, as I'm sure Dumbledore's portrait constantly tells her). But it helps to have someone outside the problem observing them all.

And I love the idea of Temperance; not only are they all changing for the better, but that card has always been Potions for me.

Eight of Wands-oh, that splendid rush into love! (Severus and Hermione already have it; Harry and Ginny desperately need it).
DarkenCoul chapter 22 . 3/5/2012
I've read this story before on another site but I had to leave a comment here because I don't think I did at the other place. This is one of my absolute favorite HG/SS stories. You write it so tragically and so beautifully and so deep. Your portrayal of the characters is charged with emotion and conflicting thoughts and depth. Your plot is brilliant and incredibly well written. I think you have what it takes to be a writer in the same leagues as JKR. Well done.
SunMoonNeko chapter 7 . 1/5/2012
*giggles* oorah? Come on Hermione, your from the muggle world, even average people know that its a military term of enthusiasm or greeting. :) The fact that its being used in sex makes it even better XD

Wonder why Ginny is so heavily affected against Hermione, i mean, i know the curse is making her crazy, but that seem especially hostile.
PurpleMist42 chapter 22 . 12/26/2011
Tribblelet chapter 13 . 10/14/2011
you did it again. More chillbumps!
Tribblelet chapter 11 . 10/14/2011
Oh, Chillbumps! Love that.
magialuna chapter 22 . 10/9/2011
There was a picture posted on the SSHG exchange that referenced this fic so, of course, I just had to know what was so wonderful to have inspired the artist. I can see now what pulled at their heart enough to inspire art. This story was really wonderful. The plot was well thought out, the characters very in character, interesting and fun and it was a lot of fun to read. I am always very in awe of people who are able to create intricate plots that have intelligent resolution and involve several characters working together and, am yet again very impressed. This was interesting, fun and never had moments where the story, grammar, characters or any other *piece* of the whole distracted from the story or caused me to "fall out" of your world. Really well done storytelling.

Clare
Miravisu chapter 22 . 7/31/2011
*applauds*

That story was over far too quickly for my liking, entrancing read!
Storm Spirit chapter 22 . 7/11/2011
Wow.

This was riveting! The plot was (for me, at least) totally unique and absolutely wonderful. I loved the card-reading aspects. For all that I've shared Hermione's thoughts on Divination being more than a little woolly, the spreads and their stories were both intriguing and illuminating...so I shall thank you for the broadening of my horizons. I also really liked your characterisations. Snape was perhaps a little too acquiescent in accepting his Shadow for what it was - but then again, perhaps the situation and his isolation catalysed his willingness to be less suspicious. It is, perhaps, a matter of taste - which doesn't matter much in the end, because it works with the story. I would like to commend you especially on Neville. I was thoroughly delighted at his central role in the story, and you portrayed him beautifully.

Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoyed your style of writing, and I loved the description.

To cut my rambling short - much thanks for this absolutely wonderful work of fanifiction. It was a most enjoyable read.

All the best,

Storm Spirit
excessivelyperky chapter 18 . 7/7/2011
Oh, what a wonderful chapter.

"They honoured the bond these three shared, and he could too, he realised. It didn't diminish what he had with Hermione. There was nothing on earth that could do that."

Yes. This is how the Dark got its claws into Snape, by making sure he had no other friends than it.

And Ginny _must_ tell her story; she's been carrying it since she was eleven, and nobody has ever wanted to hear it, just like nobody but Hermione ever wanted to hear Snape's.
Scythling chapter 22 . 6/16/2011
I have absolutely no idea how such a brilliant plot like this could be woven sucessfully into the original storyline and fit together so well, but you've done it. The characters felt as genuine as if this had been a follow-up book from J.K herself. The level of detail, to not only character behaviour/personalities but also the amazing imagery used to set the scenes is professional and refreshingly original. I felt such a strong sense of nostalgia whilst reading it, and felt like i was seeing the characters the way you described Professor McGonagall did, and this has to be one of -if not- the best fanfiction [that could pass as the real deal], I have ever read. Thank you.
PiercingArrow chapter 22 . 1/20/2011
Startling writing. Fantastic. Unbelievable. I can't even think of all the spectacular words that popped into my mind as I read this but this is an AMAZING story you have here. I LOVED it. Beautifuol job D
189 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »