Reviews for King of Swords
The Sexy Muggle Librarian chapter 22 . 12/12/2010
This was absolutely wonderful. It had a completely different concept than any other fic that I've read recently. The story was beautifully woven and I could stop myself from reading (apparently as it is not 4:30 in the morning). I love how you brought them all together and while I know the story had to end...I didn't want it to! It would be interesting to see what their new wands were when they finally replaced them!
slytherin-chica687 chapter 7 . 11/27/2010
I'm normally not one for reviewing, but the fact you had snape pull out a Mark Twain Quote makes me beyond happy. Thank you for that. Love the story so far. Thought I would through that in as well.
blynkrayne chapter 14 . 11/20/2010
"And if it is itself a mirror, I suppose we need to figure out how a mirror injured by a Horcrux would act."

Aw, yay. Still no closer to really fixing the problem but so much better informed. Also, the bit at the end and anytime you reference Fiendfyre, it feels like a knife. What I really enjoy about this story in particular is you've taken the HP universe and expanded the 'end' of the story. Although, all good endings are really beginnings. :D I really can't wait to finish and reread!
blynkrayne chapter 13 . 11/20/2010
"Such need as this hadn't crossed its doorway since the day Fiendfyre had swept through its Hall of Memory and reduced it to ash."

The Room of Requirement was always one of my favorite places. The way you personify the room itself, the magic which comprises it, is truly magnificent!
blynkrayne chapter 12 . 11/20/2010
"I cannot think of another magical phenomenon that compares to either of those as a pure reflection of soul."

Well done! I really enjoy how the definition of a magical mirror is much more complex than HG realized. I'm also relieved that HG/SS will be staying at Hogwarts, it will be much easier to persuade the others to visit!
blynkrayne chapter 11 . 11/19/2010
"...destruction of the Horcrux itself, brings about a sort of mirroring of the Horcrux's nature."

Bloody brilliant, it really is, and so in tune with the framework you've created. I also really appreciate the concept that it will be different for each of them to repair the barrier between light and dark. Can't wait to read more!
blynkrayne chapter 10 . 11/15/2010
"'... If a plant isn't thriving, my job is to discover the pathogen and then the environmental factors that will support recovery.'"

For a chapter filled with dialogue, I really continue to enjoy how the characters interact. You play to their strengths, of course with HG and SS, especially Neville. His love of plants and Snape's ability to make the analogy to their situation and bring comprehension is quite well done on your part. :)
blynkrayne chapter 9 . 11/14/2010
"'The sort where intellect is set aside for intuition and emotion,' he said."

Heh, had to read one more right before I actually went to bed. In this dialogue I am reminded of why I love HG/SS. They're both cut from the same cloth or I guess chapters of the same extensively researched publication. This was a very sweet chapter, again with the drawing of the cards which still gives me chills. Such good chills, I already can't wait to reread this story.
blynkrayne chapter 8 . 11/14/2010
"That world had nearly torn her to pieces, and yet, she had survived, only to die by inches from the echoes of a poison they had already nearly given their lives to eradicate."

I think this fairly accurately summarizes the eight chapters so far. I can't divine enough from the clues you've given to see where this story leads...but again, it's so fantastic I am very reluctant to call it a night and leave any for tomorrow.
blynkrayne chapter 7 . 11/14/2010
"She didn't remember walking away, only that she was sure she could feel Ginny's eyes at her back, recrimination and disgust crawling over her like rot that nothing could ever eradicate."

I'm relieved (and also surprised) that Ginny was the first of the old group that they ran into on the outside. Personally, Ginny has never been one of my favorite characters and this reaction from GW seems entirely plausible. Now though, I'm apprehensive about how the others will react.
blynkrayne chapter 6 . 11/14/2010
"The Ogham spread described beginning in this chapter is authentic..."

The scene gave me chills before I read this closing statement. Now I am truly in awe.
blynkrayne chapter 5 . 11/14/2010
"'If you can think about practicalities, and propriety, and our dubious shared history, without concurrently believing me either a Boggart or dead, I'd say you were feeling quite a lot better.'"

Awww there's a spark of the old HG and SS that we all know and love. It's good to see that there's a bit of them left, well a bit of her left. I love your characterization of Snape, he doesn't seem to have changed much in ten years because he's always sort of lived in the shadows.
blynkrayne chapter 4 . 11/14/2010
"Disoriented, Hermione had watched him reassemble his armour of cloth and silence."

Yes... I'm going to end up quoting you 22 times to yourself and continue to lavish praise and adoration on you. There's such depth here and the story moves along at the perfect pace. Not too fast as to bury each revelation but never sitting long enough to grow stagnant. So amazing!
blynkrayne chapter 3 . 11/14/2010
"His words washed over her like warm water, and the brittle grief crackling in the air between them softened with its touch."

I want to devour your story as quickly as possible to find out what happens but at the same time I know I'd miss gems like the sentence above. Maybe I'll have to read the entire story multiple times...so totally worth it!
blynkrayne chapter 2 . 11/14/2010
Each sentence is more delicately woven than the last:

"Finally, he bowed his head slightly and raised his hands in what she thought was a barely passable imitation of surrender."

The imagery is so powerful! I am still amazing how much you are able to fit into a simple phrase and it's truly beautiful. I can't wait to read more!
189 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »