Reviews for Ricky and Maryanne: My best friend
Loved it chapter 5 . 4/19/2013
I remember watching this movie and thinking what it would've been like if Clifford was a girl. And I gotta say this pretty much how I pictured it. I loved it! You definitely gave the character an edge instead of it being a Mary Sue.
Rock The Rain chapter 16 . 8/14/2010
Aww, this story was so amazing. :) It's a shame that it only got seven reviews, well, eight now, but I guess not many people read My Bodyguard fanfictions.

Or have even seen the movie. :/ Oh well, fantastic fic! Ricky was in completely in character from start to finish.
Blushing.white.rose chapter 16 . 4/9/2010
I like, I like! Very sweet story...and funny too!
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 16 . 2/27/2010
Hi Addy, I hope you can see my reply. Thanks so much for the positive review, I am with you, have a fangirl attack everytime I watch My Bodyguard, lol. I hope you enjoy the rest of the story after chapter 6.
Addy chapter 6 . 2/26/2010
*has a fangirl attack* holy crap...I love this story. I could elaborate, but really I think that's all that needs to be said. 3 3 3 Adam Baldwin is always freaking adorable, and I always loved how Linderman wasn't your typical loner-rebel. :] I think you remained faithful to his character in this. so adorable...
Erzsebeth Bathory chapter 16 . 1/6/2010
I'm pretty sure we've all done this kind of story at one point during our journeys of writing. I'm a sucker for romance and I like the fact that Ricky finds himself in a comfortable and loving relationship with Maryanne. I think the Queen song you picked as your closure really fit the whole theme of the story.
TheNowandFutureQueen chapter 16 . 4/17/2009
I loved your story. Follows the plot well but is original in portions that divate from the movie. Very sweet. Love it
Calamy chapter 16 . 2/17/2009
This story would have been MUCH better if you hadn't lifted so much content from the film. So much of the dialogue is straight from the film, word-for-word and it's disconcerting. It'd be better just to make up a completely different story and include Clifford. See, the plot of your story is the plot of the film and most people (in my opinion) want to see the same characters in new stories. Do you think you might write another one or a completely different one? This is one of only TWO My Bodyguard stories I have ever seen online so trust me, I was really happy to see it. I wish people would write more for this since the characters are really good. Yes, if you want a romance you do need to add original characters but I think it can be done without them being too Mary Sue. Maryanne in this is a little of a self insertion/Mary Sue. I hope you will write more for this fandom, as small as it is.
aswiftlytiltingreality chapter 1 . 12/24/2008