Reviews for In Loco Mortis
HowlingAngel chapter 4 . 12/20/2008
Excellent chapter, as always. I find myself reading all your Transformer fics, which is your fault because the idea of it creeped me out until I tricked myself into peeking. Now I'm hooked, if only to yours. It's gramatically and universally correct, who knows about anyone else?

Obviously, I'm ignorant about the series. What the hell is a mech, a femme, a Cybertronian desognation, the big deal about Rachet's paint job, vorns, orns, and whats the difference between being femme-sparked and a sparking (ie: when Mirage asked in Chp 3)?

Either way, though, awesome ficage!

Bluebird Soaring chapter 4 . 12/20/2008
You did a great job fleshing this story out here! I love Sam noticing all of the odd quirks of his fellow bots, but his getting stepped on by Prowl takes the cake - esp when we find out what Prowl was doing at that time LOL! The thing with the spark energy is an interesting twist, and I'm not sure if that's a problem for Sam or just something else that sets him apart from the others (or perhaps a result of Bee's influence on his spark?) And it looks like he and Blaster have hit it off!
Luki Dimension chapter 3 . 11/29/2008
Sorry it took so long to review - but I keep forgetting to do it, its a personality fault.

I've been looking forward to the chapters with the first impressions, so hopefully Hound and Blaster will get their shot in the near future, but Mirage was a great first starter. Also gave us some idea of what new Autobots expect when they first see 'new youngling!' Though can't help but wonder why he thought it was odd to see one 'that old' if the Allspark was destroyed, rather than 'that young'. Unless there's something I'm missing. Also, how old do the Autobots percieve Sam? Its clearly not very, very young, but at the same time they obviously see him as a child.

And a new take on Energon. It is one thing to say 'drinking sunshine' or energy, another thing entirely to add a taste to it, especially when that's one of our strongest senses.

Still eagerly reading this, and waiting with baited breath for more.
kit572 chapter 3 . 11/27/2008
Cool story. I really liked this chapter and so I hope to read more X3.
Bluebird Soaring chapter 3 . 11/24/2008
This gets very interesting! I love Sam's POV on Ratchet and Mirage...sounds like they have quite a history! And how does Ratchet explain Sam to the others when he has his own doubts/fears about it all? But I really enjoy your Wheeljack...the bit about his guiding Sam like someone who had spent too long around the twins is priceless!
Dracoqueen22 chapter 3 . 11/24/2008
Squee! They are so cute. And whoever thought that slash between TF would be cute? Certainly not me.

I think I'm in love with Mirage. He's awesome. And the Ratchet/Mirage dynamic you have here is just the cutest. I can totally see the pairing, and even though I don't know the characters as well, I've got an idea of their relationship in my mind.

Poor Sam. I can really sense his dilemma already. And knowing the future events makes it even more painful, especially since I prefer the angsty ending.

Lovely chapter, m'dear. I knew there was a reason I was a fan.

Firelizard Tamer chapter 3 . 11/24/2008
Well first off, thanks for the update!

So there's an intro to who all the current 'mini-bots' on base are? Also that they all clamored together on one table against Sunny-boi is very telling! lol But also how Sides feels towards Sam and Bee as well... being the only exceptions to the 'min-bot' rule.

I like this series! I love how everything is Sam's POV! How he thinks, observes of the Autobot base. How he's adapting. How he misses some of the things he took for granted as a human... like taste and variety! How he can't tell much difference between the Energons.

Also his first official meeting with one of the new Bots. I loved the by-play between Ratchet and Mirage! Now THAT is a rare pairing that I've ever read!

Speaking of... that brings up how all Autobot habits are very slow in their change. Like how Sam observes how the Autobots curse in front of him and his thoughts on how he already knows of certain things culturally but the Mechs still feel their need to censor themselves around him and Sam's frustration of it! lol Like how Ratchet and Mirage are a couple... or comments TOWARDS their being together! lol

I also LOVED the fact that someone actually allowed Ratchet to follow through with one of his most known threats of actually welding one of the Mechs to a ceiling and LEAVING them there! The fact it was Ironhide was hilarious!

Again, thanks for the post! Will look forward to any more when you can! *Hugs*
Dracoqueen22 chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
Mrah! I like it. How dare you? How dare you addict me to another fandom? I blame this all on you. You foul demon!

I liked the bitter ending in the sequel much, much better. It fits with the storyline and the happy ending seems forced. Because I honestly couldn't see it happening with the rest of the story. Soundwave was an angry, angry bot. I can understand his anger, too. Even if he is the supposed bad bot.

And this! Huzzah! Tis like a real fic and I like it. I still can't recognize the characters immediately unless they were actually in the movie, but a lot of the dialogue seems so real. As if the bots were actually speaking it themselves. Great.

Oh, the tension between Sam and Bee is so palpable now. I can practically taste the bitterness on my tongue. Bluestreak's funny. I like his never-ending conversation and Sam's reaction to him.

Looking forward to the next!

Luki Dimension chapter 2 . 11/13/2008
Its funny how Red Alert and Simmons friendships more or less didn't exist until this month considering just how well they would work together. Its one of my favourite friendship pairings now (so feel free to put as much in as you want of the both of em _).

I think Simmons and Sam talking was definitely the best part of this fic - given that you glossed over the part with Smokescreen (which definitely made sense given the earlity - is that a real word? - of it) but still gave us some insight into Sam.

And now I go back to staking out my email inbox for an update. _
Firelizard Tamer chapter 2 . 11/12/2008
Hey, you've managed an update! Yea!

Thanks so much for mentioning me, I really appreciate it.

Ok review time! lol *Laughs* See a very Stubborn Sam is rather fun! You have him down pat in that. I also found it funny that First Aid was scared enough of getting on Ratchets bad side as to NOT help Sam get out of his 'Talk'. The fact that you don't mention Bee very often is telling as well. Even THIS early in the series.

How you managed to have a sympathetic Simmons as liason was rather surprising! I also liked having Sam interact with Sideswipe w/o his twin about. But why is Sam so leery of the Aerialbots? Especially so soon after his transformation? Are they THAT smothering? Or just overenthused?

I also found it fun that Sam managed to poke at Prowl and get away with it! *laughs* Well he probably will for awhile. Till they consider him more 'grown' then he'll get brig time!

You're also mentioning of Bluestreak and Jazz was nice as well. Looks like you went easy on Cliffjumper this time?

You getting enough rest? I hope so. Remember to take care of yourself from time to time! Heath Professionals usually have that bad habit of not taking care of themselves enough!

Again thanks for the update!
Copperscript chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
I've enjoyed this series since the first story, In the Shadow of Forever. Glad to see you're continuing it.

Keep writing. )

Firelizard Tamer chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
So you're a med student? Geez get your Sleep! I know of how some really need them especially during internship!

But thanks anyway for this storyline! Seeing it as a 'one-sided' deal and borderline obsession on Bee's part really makes one Think!

*Tilts head in consideration* You really make me wonder how you're going to continue this series now that Bee's out of the running (so to speak) since Sam really IS young by cybertronian standards.

I'm also looking forward to all the other's (the New Arrivals) reactions to Sam. Or any Femmebot for that matter! Also Sam's reaction to being 'Mothered' once again! lol
Luki Dimension chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
(waves pom poms in the air) another fic in this glorious universe. Woohoo! And this one was long.

Although, I do hope your not going down the Femme!Sam route, especially since this is a prequel and Intersection didn't hint at this. I'm kind of hoping you were hinting at something else - that younglings need a femme around or suffer in some way, but then its your story - do what the muses tell you.

I do like how you've managed to add more personality to the new Autobots without actually bringing them in. Just by Sam's descriptions you get a much stronger view of them and how Sam sees them. I also like his and First Aids obvious friendship which is a lot more clearer now.

If the rest of the chapters are like this, I'm eagerly awaiting them. Ja ne!
HowlingAngel chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
Sweet! New saga. I like that we see in Sam's pov this time as opposed to everyone else and their brother.

“We hardly need everyone to get all worked up if it turns out to be a false positive. Besides, there’s always a chance some of the femmes survived.”

With the way First Aid and Rachet were worried about this, and in relation to Sam, I can only come up with one solution: Sam's a girl? That doesn't make sense with 'Intersection.' Update soon! I need to be proven wrong!
179 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12