Reviews for Relative Vimes
KillerWombat chapter 9 . 1/3
Quiet an enjoyable read so far.

Would like to read more of this story in the near future.
Guest chapter 9 . 11/8/2014
ch 9
Falero lero lero chapter 9 . 6/5/2013
I like the story and chapters
becket chapter 9 . 2/18/2013
loved this story thanks for writing it
resplendeo chapter 7 . 11/27/2012
I enjoy reading and rereading this story, and genuinely think it very good, but I cannot stand reading chapters 7 and 8, due to the fact that the former is entirely in bold and the latter in italics.
I suffered through reading them the first time but as of now I skip them.
Please. Fix them. I would not usually bother, but this is one of the rare stories that deserve to be read.
Mary Craig chapter 9 . 2/17/2012
An engrossing read :-)

I really like the filled out Vimes' histories and the interactions between them. The Patrician's viewpoint, of them is very well done. Even though you have created OC they fit so well within the familiar canon of Discworld that we already know. Icing on the cake, so to speak.

I'm mining my way through your stories; reading's a quiet, happy, pleasure; and I feel like I've opened a new rich seam.

A little positive response in encouragement is simple courtesy, and your writing certainly deserves at least that.

kind regards,

Mary
Freyalyn chapter 9 . 6/29/2010
I do hope this hasn't been abandoned - it's fascinating. You've taken a really interesting premise and carried it beautifully. I love how you differentiate your Vimeses.
hajimebassaidai chapter 9 . 2/13/2010
Thoroughly enjoying this even though it's the first time I've encountered your take on Vimes and I'm playing catch up. Look forward to seeing more!
hajimebassaidai chapter 4 . 2/13/2010
I like the selection of motto!
hajimebassaidai chapter 3 . 2/13/2010
Ah, women do have one sporting tradition. Hockey. It's like cricket in that there is a lot of stopping because of pointless rules. It isn't like cricket in that in cricket you don't charge at the other team and try and hack them off at the ankles with a wooden stick.
Moonspring chapter 9 . 1/29/2010
Excellent, Wonderful, Amazing update! I've told you before that I love this fic, so I won't do it again. Wouldn't want you to get a big head or anything (although you clearly deserve it! ;))
Virtuella chapter 9 . 1/26/2010
"Not even a Vimes goes out of his way to annoy another Vimes."

That's probably a very wise policy.

And now we're getting to the darker themes. That Vimes massacre - whoa. No wonder Vetinari wants to keep a tab on the Vimeses!
Edna Pests chapter 9 . 1/24/2010
"Oh yes. Vetinari nodded to himself. Vimes - his Vimes -" Aww! Not meant to be taken as a mushy friendship term, I know, but I'll take it like that anyway.

"The Patrician gave him a quick smile of appreciation." Ditto of above comment.

"And deal with him Vetinari had - by destroying the Watch. He’d assigned incompetents to officer it and subtly encouraged malfeasance in the ranks. Good men resigned in droves - all but Sam Vimes." Yeah, that makes more sense that Vetinari assigning Sam to the Watch to make it useless, since he was a drunkard at the time. The Vetinari I know would've seen his potential.

"No, more than useful, /vital/ to his plans for /their/ city." Alright, alright, dude, dude. That speech about Vimes's awesomeness Was. Awesome. And I just had another fuzzywarm attack. I love the thought of Vetinari being scared of, and owing, Vimes.

"Vetinari recognized his cue. “Exactly right, Sir Samuel,” he answered pitching his voice to carry." Vimes leading Vet' for once. Awesome.
cklammer chapter 9 . 1/23/2010
Vetinari mourns Keel - who'd 'ave thunk!

Good chapter!
cklammer chapter 8 . 1/23/2010
Good chapter!

Make that man a Master Sergeant or a Warrant Officer!