Reviews for 20 Random Facts About Jack T Sloper
RugitusAstra chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
Oh. My. God. This is amazing!
PseudonymousPersona chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
Excellent one shot. Seriously, its awesome. I love the ideas in it, and the thought that must have gone into creating the ear medallions. Very clever.
I love how secretive he is and that he has a twin.
kci47 chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Wow, interesting character, and darker than a lot of the others. Thanks for the insight!
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Again this is one that is certainly different from the other 20 facts about DA members but I really like it for giving a distinct image of how different people were even in the same house, just like the part when Neville was holding Pansy and swearing that her sister had never once betrayed her beliefs. Great job.
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
I am amazed at how well you can get into these characters- amazing job.

KrisEleven~
SWaddict1986 chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
"They were barely friends throughout their childhood, with Joe’s outgoing ambition clashing wildly with Jack’s more inward turbulence, and it didn’t even surprise him when they wound up in different Houses. In fact, he was kind of grateful."

Aw. I understand it, but I still find it sad that he would be grateful his sibling wasn't with him.

"By the time he was just over a year old, the Healers had ascertained that he was completely deaf, but they were still able to help because it was caught so young. Oh, they couldn’t make it so he could properly hear, but charmed amulets tucked behind his ears could project human voices directly into his mind through controlled Legilimency."

That is just very awesome. It's great that the Healers were able to do something for him. You just gotta love magic :)

"Music was something he couldn’t hear at all, because the singer’s voices were too distorted by the melody for the amulets to register"

:( That's so sad!

"Even still, he didn’t abandon the baby, whom he was told had been named Brianna, sending her money as often as he could and slipping away to meet her on Hogsmeade weekends and holidays. She had his eyes, which fascinated him, but he couldn’t really connect with the idea that he was a father as much as he could understand that he had made a mistake that very much had to be kept quiet."

Aw. That's really sweet of him, though it sucks that he had to be quiet about it and all.

"He believed the DA was their only hope"

Seems like a lot did.

"He knew he didn’t have the kind of instinctive genius for it that Snape did, or even Romilda’s uncanny instincts, but he could always produce the results the book wanted, and that was good enough for him and more than good enough for the examinations."

LOL I feel that way too about a bunch of my classes.

"but in real darkness, it became terrifying. Anything could be out there, breathing, growling, anything at all, and he wouldn’t know it was there unless it spoke in a human voice, or until it closed cold, slimy fingers over him"

Oh my goodness what a frightening thought.

" He confessed his secret to Susan in the end"

I'm very glad he was able to talk to someone about it.

And I really don't like how he died :(
Wotcher-Tonks chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
just as lovely as the others.
jdee-mysteries chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
:'(

These just keep getting better and better...you could almost combine these with the Rank and File series, though I would be most pleased if you just continued to do BOTH anyway. :)

Everytime you write one I think, 'Well the last one was so good, could it get better?' You never fail to impress. Every character has so many dimensions and facets that I want a companion novel for all of them! (Oops, guess I'm being demanding again, eh?)

Keep up the good work, I'll be looking forward to your next addtion.
Elledreamer chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
Wow, again really brilliant. I especially loved the part about how his family are usually Slytherins, and all his views on things, that was really insightful. The last one was particularly sad too.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
An interesting insight into how wizards deal with disability and who Jack Sloper is. Keep writing
L.A.H.H chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
By the way, this idea of 'Scenics' is amazing! And so was the rest of this, but I won't repeat myself and I'll just say my favoruite bits, which are definitely: 10. He believed the DA was their only hope, 15. He loved living in the Room of Requirement, the idea of the amulets and the fact that he liked that nobody really knew him. I definitely understand that.
sophia666 chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
Great writing. You really made Angelina's sloppy beater into an interesting and real character. His problem with women, his illegitimate daughter, his deafness and twin, his views on Pureblodds, his death. I really liked 20, 8, 5, 3 and 15.
000989 chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
Wow...I really liked this.

Jack is not known that well in the HP world, and you created a life for him in this series.

Well done! :)