Reviews for Can I Have This Dance
HollyShannenForever chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
awwww! how cute!
TheKingdomofWaffles chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
That was really sweet. I really enjoyed this story. Great job! Keep writing! -Emma
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
Cute! Please write more about Carlisle and Esme!
CarlisleEsmeRoseScorpius chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
thats so sweet..!

err but high school musical? still, very very cute and ah~mazingly written
Sylvesthetica chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Ooh. Very good and it brings about a tough call - whether this one can take over the #1 spot.

Song choice, dialogue, sweetness, characterization - all excellent.

(some punctuation errors, though. i think allison's gonna lose a toe or two if this keeps up.)

the interesting thing about this one is that, under my traditional definition of flow, it's lacking, but it doesn't have either the 'choppy' or 'longwinded' flaws. instead, it has a very powerful essence to it - it's like an old, classic movie which really doesn't have very good acting or writing or camerawork when objectively compared to more modern films, but it has such a spirit running through it that you can't help but appreciate the art.

ultimately, i'm gonna leave it in second but give it a 10 - it's not a 'flawless' 10, but an artistic 10, based upon the joy and spirit that runs through it.
I'm Not Psychotic. I'm Gifted chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
So, after I read this, I went to listen to the song on Youtube.

It's really pretty.

]

And I definitely find it more fitting for Carlisle and Esme.

Great job. ]
Chloe chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
Let me just start by saying I hate songfics. If I know a fic is a songfic, I will not open it. I think they're cheesy and not as cool as people think they are. That being said, if the content seems interesting enough to me and the song parts are easily identifiable, I will read it and simply skip over the lyrics. Which is what I did with your fic and I'm glad I did. The scene is gorgeous, and I wish you would flesh it out more and delete the song. It could be a fantastic fic instead of just a really good one. I think a lot of readers are biased against songfics, and I have to tell you that I don't comment on many stories. I can count on one hand the number of times. But I really think you have potential outside of a songfic frame, and I wish you'd revamp this story to make it a beautiful piece rather than a bit of a joke. And thank you for writing Carlisle/Esme. It makes me so happy. :D
Salt Sauce Paans chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
That was perfect. I loved it...Esme and Carlisle are one of my favorite couples...they were perfectly in character!
cookiemonsterks chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Alright, I've never seen HMS, nor will I ever. When I first saw the statement in the beginning author's note, my thoughts were along the lines of, 'Oh no, you've GOT to be kidding me...' But after the first paragraph, you had me hooked.

The imagy is especially beautiful. [" like the sky clearing its throat." is my favorite line.] And Oh, I feel my liking for Carlisle flame up a little. I /really/ like how you portray him and Esme, it just, makes me happy, you know? It doesn't feel like the almost forced romance that the rest of the Twilight cast is pressed into, where's it's all about sex and kissing and dsl;fdjsldkfj.

Mhm, one more thing; I really like the little french at the end. I can just imagine his deep voice speaking, er, whispering it perfectly.

Très bien.
GryffindorPrincess23 chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
I love this story & the song!
The Duchessina chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
Aw, how cute! I love how you showed us a fluffy little moment between them.
sex wife chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
Beautiful.

For someone who never writes Esme, you did her pretty damn well. Loved it, you got it exactly right. The atmosphere, tone, vocabulary, flow...perfect. brava.
OstentatiousNature chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
song choice, dialogue, phrasing...

beautiful. that's all i have to say. absolutely beautiful.
Permanent Rose chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
So sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I had to watch my neices and nephew tonight.

Anyway, this was perfect. You captured the very essence of Carlisle and Esme's love. And perfect song choice. Any one who says otherwise needs to get a life. Well...:D

This makes me want to do an Esme/Carlisle one shot. I did write one a while ago, but I think they deserve more. Maybe a multi-chapter story...:D
NellieGURL chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
I loved it. This story was sweet, and I think it is a great addition to the few cute and well-written CarlisleEsme fanfics. Good Job.