Reviews for Her Own Little World: A Regina Berry Story
XanaduHawk chapter 1 . 1/19
I think it's kind of sweet, the way she sees the world.
Afiction chapter 1 . 11/6/2013
*sob*
That's it.
-A.
Silvengelle chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
Oh my gosh... This tore my heart to pieces :/ I've always been a one-shot kind of person, and I love it when people write fics on the minor characters that are forgotten by most on the next day. I mean... This was written beautifully. Beau-ti-fully. Kudos to you, mi amigo. :) Keep on writing!
tannycatkimi chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
YOU DEPRESS ME.

Seriously though, very well-done! You definitely have a way with description-not only of physical appearances, but of emotion and thought, which I think a great deal harder to do satisfactorily. Regina has never been a big favorite of mine, but I think that this managed to raise her in my view. It's a really good view on her outlook and personality.
SweetieLove chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
I didn't want to be fed by Regent. O.o

I loved this. The characterization of everyone was spot-on. I really liked your comparison with Regina to a being a princess, it gave the readers a small idea of what to expect.

You just blew me away, really. Definitely faving this.

*Peace Out*
Wosprig chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
This story's really cheerful in a sad kinda way (and somehow I feel both happy and sad reading it). Regina acts half her age and I really think you captured her personality well too.
sushi4427 chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
This was so sad... a great representation of all the characters. I couldn't believe it when Regina reacted the way she did to her father's death. At first I thought she did it (crazy, I know), then I thought she was mad at him for killing Leon... but the truth was the worst.

I think you're a great writer and I hope to read more of your work! :)
Gazing on the Arabesque chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
When I first met Regina when playing JFA, I was convinced that she was the real murderer (the pretty girls are always guilty; it's pretty much a fact). But then it was so heart-wrenching finding out just how sheltered she was and how her excessive innocence affected all those around her. This was one of the only cases where I felt truly sorry for the real murderer, because you can't really blame Acro for totally snapping and going crazy. Good job on this fic :o)
rickdakirb chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
Huh... So, this was supposed to be more than one chapter? Interestingly enough, it works very well as just one. I always liked Regina Berry and 2-3 in general, I think it gets a lot of undeserved hate :/ In fact, JFA is my favourite AA game! Anyway, this is very good. Totally captured the mindset of Regina. I find that, in your fics, you're very good at capturing the personality of a character and how they would react to certain situations. Again, good job!
PyroKitty24 chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
That was as beautiful story. Written well, and showed multiple points of view on the whole murder. I feel so bad for Regina, but at the same time can't stand her.
VampireNaomi chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
I must say I never cared much for Regina or any of the characters of this case. I actually thought she was pretty annoying and mostly forgot all about her when I was done with the case. Seeing this fic was the first time I really thought about her since that. I didn’t expect much when I started reading, simply because I’m not very interested in her as a character.

And yet you completely blew me away with this fic. You took what was a relatively annoying character in the game and managed to write a wonderfully insightful and bittersweet story about her. I adore the way you portray her reaction (or lack of it) to death, even when it claims the most important person in her life. Her incapability to understand anything that goes on around her is painful to observe. It makes me wish that she never has to leave her happy bubble. Regina simply isn’t fit for the real world, so I hope she gets to live the rest of her life in her fantasy world and be happy – even if it means that others around her will be hurt, as you pointed out.

Your use of Gumshoe and Moe was a great way to illustrate just how out of touch with reality Regina is. I also loved the way you started the story with that little intro in which you compared Regina to a fairytale princess.

Perhaps the only bit that didn’t quite work for me was the moment when she asked what detective and murder are. It jumped a little at me from the fic, but it has been so long since I last played that case that it’s perfectly possible that I’m out of touch.

In short, this was a great piece that really made me reconsider the way I see Regina as a character. Awesome work.
heylalaa chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
wow. loved your description about regina and the circus. and how she was an innocent child and a naively cruel child at the same time.

thanks for the read. :D
LuckyBlackCat chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
Regina is perfect in this. I'm currently replaying the Berry Big Circus case, and this builds on what's already in the game. My favourite part is where she see the police and thinks they are all performers...and her dad is taking part in it. Detective Gumshoe is great too.

The only part that I found a bit off was when Regina asked what "Detective" and "Murder" meant. That just reminded me too much of Pearl, but it's a really small thing.

*adds to favourites*
high improbability chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Regina's innocence got on my nerves. o.0

Great story! I loved how you portrayed Regina.
TheWitchRose chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
I love Regina Berry and want to be like her. XD

Well, anyway, we already know what you have wrote in your story so far so are you continueing? I seriously want to see Sean Dingling open his eyes and etc, etc, etc.