Reviews for Ensnarement
LoyaulteMeLie chapter 1 . 2/1/2015
That is one seriously creepy story, beautifully told. You have such a feeling for the characters, you portray them so beautifully, I could never get tired of these stories. Thank you for sharing them with us!
too-much-inspiration chapter 1 . 9/12/2014
Sounds like either Cthulhu or a kraken, but either way something big, unpleasant, and with far too many tentacles. This rather reminds me of any number of stories of the beast that lures the unsuspecting person from their ship and then feasts. Thank you for writing and posting this!
asearcher chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Wow...great horror story. Well done.

Thanks for the read.
Deedaladee chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
This one is so very clever in so many ways! It really is haunting and suspenseful. The way you 'ensnare" your readers by using a word at end of a paragraph into the next paragraph is clever,indeed. The tenseness was there as well. The ending was chilling,even though you take no credit for it,it fits like a glove with all the rest of it. I love coming back to read this again and again.
Gabi2305 chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
Great story, as always, volley. I liked the change of POV in the beginning. The story was very intense and you had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Thanks for sharing it.
Emiliana Keladry chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
A very interesting Drown Malcolm story! :D I loved the quote about cowards dying a thousands deaths, sounds very true. Great piece!

Emma
Ad Absurdum chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Is it that month already? Huh.

Anyway, great story. At first I thought that creature in the lake was just Malcolm's imagination turned true by something on the planet (now that I think about it, it would be rather like that one TOS episode). But this is better actually.

Good writing and characterisation. I liked it.

cheers

aa
Sage5 chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
Terrific, I loved it. A different interpretation of how he Malcolm could drown. I liked that both Malcolm and Archer would be nervous speaking to each other. Trip's comforting presence and T'Pol trying to understand what she felt. Excellent job.
LadyRainbow chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
Wow. The beginning, from Malcolm's and Trip's POVs sucked me in...and I really enjoyed this story. Though I wonder...how did the creature manage to entice Malcolm into the water, and how did it detect T'Pol at the end. Her reaction there was interesting...

I forgot Nov. was DMM month! Thanks fir the reminder! ;)
Exploded Pen chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
Oh there's a weird new review button thing now *squints* Anyway...

There was something indefinably eerie about this story, it gave me the shivers as I was reading it. Nice idea too :D

Good fic!

~*~Hannah~*~
JennMel chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
Really liked this - it's getting harder for original ideas to come out of this month, and this worked wonderfully! I really liked the Trip-Malcolm interaction; you write it so well!
Begoogled chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
Pfew, the beginning of this story had a whole different feel than I'm used of you, Volley. It felt darker, more surreal. It described the inner struggle of Malcolm very strongly, clearly contrasting with Trip's lazy dream. You really had me worried that you had changed your policy on happy endings! But the twist on how Malcolm drowned was interesting, and I really liked the ending with T'Pol. It makes sense!

Some things I liked especially: Malcolm looking much younger and defenceless. Trip's conscience hiding. And Trip first teasing Malcolm when he does not yet understand the situation.

Thank you for starting off DMM, I actually did start writing; I just hope I will finish it (in time) :)
Aggie Escott chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
Hey there!

Nice little oneshot, although I'd like to know more about the creature, and how it got MR to go for a paddle!

Ags x