Reviews for The Dead of Winter
Bro, if Dumbledore isn't dead by the end of this fanfic, Im tracking you down. Dont care that this is old, i will be angry. I AM SO CHEESED WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS OLD BADGER THINK HE IS DOING! LIKE I GET THAT UR TRYING TO PROTECT UR STUDENTS BUT UR GOING WAY TO FAR!
KazuYuuki95 chapter 12 . 8/4
the story plot at early story was good but now...i lost my mood read this story when his secret exposed and he treated badly by Dumbedore
Baffled Guest chapter 20 . 6/29
So, I've been reading this for a bit and honestly I have many questions.
1) why is Dumbledore such a dick?
2) why is Harry-bloody-Potter, an abused child who has been canonically called a "freak" by the Dursleys, perfectly fine with Ron's flippant use of the terms jinx, unnatural, and most importantly, freak in regards to Toshiro?
3) why is Toshiro perfectly fine with literally being mothereffin
Yoru no Katana chapter 28 . 6/20
Fellow Gundam fan...*hugs**wails together*
Yoru no Katana chapter 7 . 6/18
That schadenfreude feeling every reader gets when shit just got real.

I wanna see Toushirou freeze Hogwarts over. Or make winter arrive one month too early.
Yoru no Katana chapter 4 . 6/18
Yep, shit officially hit the fan.
Yoru no Katana chapter 3 . 6/18
Me after reading till this point: ROFLMAOOL

Shit's gonna go down now that Shiro-chan is officially in the Wizarding World. I can't wait.
aewea chapter 11 . 5/21
Wow, dumb-le-door is sure a fucking asshole on this fic
aewea chapter 5 . 5/21
I think this is really good and I really like it
great job!
...The second I read Dumbledore trying to torture Hitsugaya and saying that he had no rights, I seriously considered immediately giving up on reading this series. WAY to out of character, on both sides. Also, Hitsugaya can, as well as other shinigami, get out of their gigai on their own without the use of a gikongan. It just takes a lot more time, effort, and energy to get out on their own, and using a gikongan makes people less suspicious, given that people will see the gigai alive and relatively normal instead of seeing them faint out of nowhere for no reason. Renji, for example, tried to get out by himself and almost got out, though he was stuck for one reason or another (plot convenience most likely, given the situation at the time). Given that he already revealed that he's not human, he should have been able to shed his gigai with relatively no problems.
His Gigai doesn't need food? Even if the gigais don't need food, the shinigami inside it still does, regardless of whether the shinigami is in the gigai or soul form. Rukia always needed food in her gigai, as Ichigo always snuck food to Rukia during the first several months after he gained his powers. Renji was always hungry while in his gigai, and I'm quite sure he didn't need a "quality" gigai for his missions given that they were rather short-term. Making the gigais in this story not require food would just be a hassle, even if you find some way to incorporate it into the story.

Otherwise, great job on this story so far!
YeTianshi chapter 7 . 2/5
That... I have to say that made no sense to me at all...

Let me explain;
Dementors can eat souls, yes. But they take a while to even eat one SINGLE soul, other than that they aren't even that dangerous. Their soul eating abilities are the only thing they got going for them.

Hollows however also eat souls, and are far more powerful. Now here I would like to refer to Yammy, the 10th and also 0 Espada, how he used an ability called Gonzui to suck out the souls of dozens upon dozens of humans in an entire AREA in seconds.

Before one might say that Dementors also have the whole fear aspect going for them, let us remember that the spiritually aware Tatsuki Arisawa resisted having her soul sucked out, but instead experienced great fear and fatigue before she lost consciousness.

Hitsugaya is a soul, yes. But he is an incomparably POWERFUL soul, one where the abundance of Reiatsu should be more than enough to resist being sucked in by some 3rd class monster. Spiritually unaware humans can have their soul sucked out because their Reiatsu levels are little to non-existent... so that explanation made no sense to me.

HollowDementor. I rest my case.
IpiuGate chapter 38 . 1/7
Hitsugaya is such a perfect little snowflake.
Guest chapter 11 . 12/18/2016
WTF Dumbledores not this unhinged
Nalanaya chapter 11 . 11/23/2016
I'll admit, I had real hope for this. I like Toshiro as a character and I like the (admittedly well-used) concept blend with HP. Actually having good spelling and grammar on is another bonus. But I was starting to get uneasy with the combative and asshole-ish attitudes of Harry and Ron respectively, and then Dumbledore happened. I'll admit, I don't really like Dumbledore bashing, but thats mostly because it is rarely done well and not because I'm so in love with his 'saintly' character. The problem here, as with other stories, is it comes out of nowhere (minor manipulation and curiosity with respect to morals to capture, torture, attempted mid-rape, and demonization), and gets much more extreme that is necessary or feasible. Three human wizards taking a captain is pushing my SoD considerably already, but the only logical way I can see this going now is Toshiro failing to report in and the Soul Society finding out. From there it would be mass mind-wipes for faculty & students, plus the elimination of Dumbles, Minerva, Snape, and any other 'inner-circle' members they discover. And the elimination of all the Dementors since clearly they are dangerous and the wizards cannot be trusted. I'm going to read a bit more to see if maybe it gets better, but I don't really have high-hopes for anything less than a jarring tone shift.
1,836 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »