Reviews for The Substitute
Time313 chapter 6 . 5/18
Sad, but great.
Emi Nicole Jackson12 chapter 6 . 4/24
I like that the ending was sad and all, and I''m satisfied with it, but I really want to know the effect this had on the wizarding world, his friends, and the Potters.
Autumnvicky chapter 6 . 4/23
I really wanted him to live, but this ending still feels satisfactory somehow. Not all endings are happy, he died on his own terms. I also love RSegovia's idea of his being reborn a phoenix.
RSegovia chapter 6 . 4/12
What even is this story. You just made me cry nonstop for more than two hours. I'm still weeping. Okay, I'm writing a sequel, sorry if you don't like it. But my headcanon is that Hermione does a Sonorus and tells everybody off and everyone feels ashamed because Harry was a being of pure magic whose very existence was a miracle and the Wizarding World didn't deserve him. He was created to destroy and possessed only a fragment of a mutilated soul, but he lived and his soul grew as he chose to be good every step of his life, even when faced with hatred and prejudice and betrayal.

Hermione tells off the magical people for their small-mindedness and cruelty. Magic is a rare privilege given to a few people who should use it to make the world a better place, not just to make themselves comfortable or gain some petty advantage over others.

As the crowd falls silent, a soft musical sound is heard, growing louder, and Fawkes the Phoenix flies into the ashes of the maze and rises with a baby Phoenix in his talons. He brings the baby Phoenix to Hermione, who is sobbing in the arms of Ginny and Neville, and she sees that it has green eyes and a lightning-shaped mark on its head. Dumbledore says, "A being of pure magic, indeed."

Having sacrificed himself with powerful sources of magic all around, Harry's essence merged with the Phoenix feather in his broken wand, powered by the magic and lives of the magical creatures, and he was reborn as an immortal Firebird.

Hermione takes Harry the Phoenix home and cares for him, and he helps her and the other Harry and others to find and destroy the Horcruxes, no longer serving that purpose himself but being able to sense them. He stays with Hermione and her family the rest of her days as she transforms the Wizarding World. After that he shows up from time to time as a moral guide and comforter but also finds other phoenixes and builds a family of his own.
IronHair chapter 6 . 3/28
Way back in 2012!
My review from then:
You did mention that the prophecy doesn't apply here, but it wud be ironic if voldemort had a free reign once golem Harry dies... After all he was marked between neville and himself
IronHair chapter 6 . 3/28
Powerful and .made me sad.
Masterfully written, esp his final thoughts and actions.

What's the afc?

Edit. See, I commented on this story ages ago, but I don't remember reading this.
Going to Google search when I read .
ironhair chapter 1 . 3/28
Wow, this did seem a bit depressing and dark, as you warned it might be.
EmeraldsandLilies chapter 6 . 2/10
This was gorgeous but seriously broke my heart into so many tiny pieces :(
BiGDeal chapter 1 . 1/14
Not the traditional happy ending but one that is pure Gryffindor. I definitely did enjoy this story and am looking forward to any new stories. Sad to say this but I'm going to. stop reading your stories but catch up on the ones that I am writing and reading. Favouriting you in case you post again. Best wishes for the coming year.
The ending is too unfair to G-arry and I don't understand the point of the story. He did everything for the magical world but still died. And what did he achieve? Why didn't James and Lily take their responsibility since they created him?
DarkBalance chapter 6 . 12/23/2017
I had this feeling Harry might die in the end v.v I mean, honestly, there really was no other way for him to go.
Guest chapter 6 . 12/14/2017
The end was effectively highly expected.
Thank you ! It was an original idea.
SomeNobody chapter 6 . 10/1/2017
Motherfucker what. Not even the reactions, how sad.
kimjo2 chapter 6 . 9/21/2017
Again wow. I did see this coming but not till part way thru this chapter. Great story. Thanks so much
battybiologist chapter 6 . 9/16/2017
What a great idea - with a bit of poetry at the end. I wish it went longer, really. For instance, it would be cool to see a plot about the golem body falling apart.