Reviews for The Substitute
Waste of my time. If that is indicative of your style of writing, I’m blacklisting you. Twists like that are dumb and evil. Hope you break your fingers somehow.
Saw this coming three chapters ago. Predictable and stupid.
Monster King chapter 6 . 10/6
Great job
James351 chapter 6 . 9/23
When I read the last chapter the only thing I could think of was in the iron giant’s last words of “Superman”
I just realised that your story could lead to a lot of different endings and would be suitable to create a complete new story. What about Garry surviving the blow (he is a Horcrux after all). By destroying the other Horcuxes one by one, he would absorb the soul fragments inside until he finally had a soul of his own and Voldemort would no longer exist. No one can live while the other survives becomes a new meaning.
Or: Ginny poured her soul into the diary of Tom Riddle. When Garry destroys it in the chamber of secrets the soul fragment merges with Garrys taking some of Ginnys with it. So when in a final confrontation Voldemort kills Garry only Voldemorts part of the soul is destroyed leving Ginnys part. This could turn into a 'logic' Soul-Bond story.
Unfortunately I can't write storys.
Well done. What a story. What a mess of emotions. I'd like to point out, that Garry is a Horcrux. The exploison might rip his body apart, but his soul will linger in the parts (as long as the fiendfyre doesn't destroy him). So, is there a hope for a sequel? Ginny collecting his parts and creating a new body?
Latarra chapter 6 . 8/16
Intriguing premise, good writing, hate the ending.
Dumbledore and James and Lily Potter should be horsewhipped and shot right along with the Dursley’s! There is no question that they should’ve immediately adopted poor Harry when they found out what terrible, horrible, truly inexcusable thing they had done, no matter how inadvertent it may have been!
petalssunwards chapter 6 . 6/28
Ohh..
I knew this was going to happen..
poor Golem Harry..
babythor chapter 6 . 5/30
This is was magnificent. Never encountered an HP fic quite like this, and I am somewhat of a connoisseur of the Rogue/Isolated/and/or/Outcast!Harry trope. While I am legit the type to go look up tragic movie scenes on YouTube when I feel like I should be sad for a while, I’m not actually one to cry very easily. You actually wrung a few tears out of me with Harry’s struggle with identity and self-actualization.
After about halfway through the second chapter, I determined that I had three expectations for the many minor repercussions of the Potter Revelation. I wanted to know what would happen to the invisibility cloak; I wanted Harry to anticipate taking the tournament money to supplement the inaccessibility of the Potter family fortune; my third expectation was the only one that didn’t come to be. I wanted to see Harry cope with the realization that he can no longer cast a Patronus, because he can’t trust the memories of feeling how much his parents loved him—as if things weren’t angsty enough already.
The ending was fantastic. I read your deleted scenes, which was fun, but I 100% stand by the decision to end with Garry going out in an indisputably heroic blaze of glory. Part of me was hoping to find more reactions to his death and the manner of it in the outtakes.
funkyduckfoot chapter 6 . 5/10
Bittersweet! TT
Another stupidity it seems to me that all the stories running around are just a bucket of shit this is a great example of it
LightningFuryStrike13 chapter 6 . 1/31
To Harry Potter. To the slayer of trolls, basilisks, dementors, and goddamn blast ended skrewts. To the true Triwizard Champion. We salute you.
gginsc chapter 1 . 1/28
Not what I was expecting. I thought it would be another "decoy" Harry with hateful parents that don't care about him.
annasfanfic chapter 6 . 1/19