Reviews for The Substitute
cztelnik chapter 6 . 5/7
I like the ending, there is something eternally humanly satisfying about tragic, noble self sacrifice. If it were not so Shakespeare wouldn't be so popular and the Edding's couldn't have gently mocked it in the Belgariad series. That this sentiment doesn't remotely establish proof of Golum Harry's human nature and all that lack entails is simply an added bonus for the twisted bit of my mind.
cztelnik chapter 5 . 5/7
This is the "awww" chapter.
cztelnik chapter 4 . 5/7
Poor Harry and Fleur. It always seemed very illogical that the Lake hour wasn't a real threat to the competitors in a contest designed to be lethal.
cztelnik chapter 3 . 5/7
There's so much introspective thinking here; humor, it also makes you laugh.
cztelnik chapter 2 . 5/7
Should have seen that coming, human nature being what it is. Dumbledore has a vested interest in Golem too so not necessarily benevolence behind his actions.
cztelnik chapter 1 . 5/7
Wow, o.o missed this fic before! Like the ingenious idea, and sense of irony/despair/hope all tangled up.
FuZzvKiNgZz chapter 6 . 4/20
...Fuck me you killed him, you tried to build up the fact he's a person despite his beginnings then you killed him and Voldemort was nowhere in sight.
Intriguing plot, I enjoyed it. Bonus point for tragedy.
Little Doctor chapter 6 . 3/26
That was so sad!
Strikeman chapter 6 . 3/8
What. What was that ending. What was this story? It was good, I'll give you that, but I still have some problems with it. For example, why didn't you have Garry interact with his parents at all? Like, obviously they wouldn't care about him, but going from the depressing nature of this fic, it would probably have made a really good scene if you had his parents telling him they didn't care about him.
SynDeath chapter 6 . 3/1
Wonderful fic! I loved the characters and their interactions were fascinating. Your pace was perfect, the plot exciting and the reactions so real. Loved it!
Cerulean Night chapter 6 . 2/15
awesome.. thoroughly enjoyed this story
jon reeve chapter 6 . 1/31
Great fic, thank you!
jon reeve chapter 4 . 1/31
/lol, I was reading the reviews for this chapter, and alix33 called real!Harry 'Rarry.' It was really funny to me is all.
Himanshu.99 chapter 4 . 1/9
The last chapter i.e., No Reprieve made me cry. It was fantastic.