Reviews for The Substitute
kirstenreads chapter 6 . 9/22
This is so good ! So bittersweet! I sit here with tears in my eyes as I thhin about the absolutey aMAZING story you have blessed my mind and eyes with.
When it was revealed that it was a trap, this foreboding feeling overcame me. I just had this feeling that Garry was going to die and I hAte being right but at the same time I think the story ending would have not been as great without his death. Kudos to you author. Kudos to you.
oregonbird chapter 1 . 8/16
oh no oh no poor Harry- you beast, that was heart-rending, and it works which is not easy. No matter who handles him, I don't like Dumbledore and you have the perfect illustration: he's making Harry beg and threaten and fall apart to get "curated" info, he's observing him like a magical construct that might malfunction. Testing him. Poor Harry again.
Yeah but you forgot to add the final chapter where GolHarry's Golem magic saved his ass and he landed outside the maze with the cup and fire and all still locked inside it. He was hurt and all but he recovered after 3 days in the hospital. He and Hermione eventually married and had 5 kids. So there.
TheWickedRainbow chapter 6 . 7/6
holy heck! this was a truly amazing story!
None chapter 2 . 6/18
How do you say the sisters name? Because it looks a lot like clitoris which I think must be wrong.
I absolutely did not expect that ending! It was shocking, but so unique and interesting. I wish we saw just a bit of the aftermath, effect on his friends, etc., but I'll enjoy imagining it. Thank you!
Mumphie chapter 6 . 6/7
I found your story from a random draw. Well written, but since I've not read your stories before, I had no idea that you like to cut all hope from the reader. Not feeling generous right now. Irritated mostly. Wanted better. He could have stayed with Neville for the summer. He could have worked with Augusta and Dumbles to tell the Potter's that they made Harry as a real boy, even if unconventionally. He could change his name, go to another country to finish school and get a family stipend. I doubt they would call his kids grandchildren, hence the new identity. This could have led to a whole new story, his life and how his friends and others (like Remus or Sirius) try to find him and still have a relationship. But know, you had to kill off the dream. Sigh.
gginsc chapter 3 . 5/7
Why does Harry run for his life? Does he really think these people are going to let him live a real life?
Matt chapter 4 . 3/14
You killed Gabrielle! You bastard!
TheLoud chapter 6 . 1/2
Wow, brave of you to end it like that. Well done.
RightnWrong chapter 6 . 12/9/2019
I can’t believe how much you ruined the story with this ending. It had so much potential it was amazing and then you had to destroy that potential with this cop out, avoiding the conclusion of all the hard hitting questions, the thought of what makes a person a person, and his “family” having to acknowledge the consequences of their actions: accident or not, they created a life and are as much responsible for it as for any other “oops” child they make.

I have never written this before, but I regret reading this story now.
Monster King chapter 6 . 10/6/2019
Great job
James351 chapter 6 . 9/23/2019
When I read the last chapter the only thing I could think of was in the iron giant’s last words of “Superman”
Guest chapter 6 . 9/11/2019
I just realised that your story could lead to a lot of different endings and would be suitable to create a complete new story. What about Garry surviving the blow (he is a Horcrux after all). By destroying the other Horcuxes one by one, he would absorb the soul fragments inside until he finally had a soul of his own and Voldemort would no longer exist. No one can live while the other survives becomes a new meaning.
Or: Ginny poured her soul into the diary of Tom Riddle. When Garry destroys it in the chamber of secrets the soul fragment merges with Garrys taking some of Ginnys with it. So when in a final confrontation Voldemort kills Garry only Voldemorts part of the soul is destroyed leving Ginnys part. This could turn into a 'logic' Soul-Bond story.
Unfortunately I can't write storys.
Guest chapter 6 . 9/10/2019
Well done. What a story. What a mess of emotions. I'd like to point out, that Garry is a Horcrux. The exploison might rip his body apart, but his soul will linger in the parts (as long as the fiendfyre doesn't destroy him). So, is there a hope for a sequel? Ginny collecting his parts and creating a new body?