Reviews for The Substitute
AquilaCinereo chapter 6 . 6/25
Interesting and original plot, maginificent ending. Like, I really liked that ending.
I wasn't really planning on commenting on any other story, but as I've now read the about twenty of your stories I found myself interested in right now, I figured I should say again, that I really admire your writing, both your language and the varied and often original ideas. I will be back ;]
Charlie0925 chapter 6 . 6/14
Brilliant writing hon! I felt so, so incredibly sorry for this Gollum Harry though!
birdandthebell chapter 6 . 6/9
Sad but really good!
scarlettmeadows chapter 6 . 6/4
nooooo! yeeeeees! I loved this fic! _ very well written!
keyboard20 chapter 6 . 5/29
this story legit made me cry. I loved it. The saddest thing I have ever read.
I've been thinking though. Only certain things are supposed kill horcruxes right? What if Harry could only be killed by fiendfyre or the other types of special elements?
I know that Harry in canon is "killed" with the killing curse (which had always been a huge fricken plot hole in my opinion ) but even if you want to keep that canon you could get around it by saying Harry isn't human.
I guess what I'm trying to get around to is I want more angsty Garry.
Anyway, amazing writing and absolutely perfect character development. The plot was also super creative and we'll thought out. You're fabulous.
Asailine chapter 6 . 5/25
Wow. This story seriously fucked me up. I mean. Wow. That entire thing wasn't what I was expecting when I started reading. Nevertheless I couldn't stop, just stayed up till 2:20am to read this cause it is so good! Really interesting concept, that actually seems plausible (as much as anything can in a world full of magic that is :p). Great writing, loved it.
Only thing is you might consider adding 'angst' into the genre and maybe a major character death warning in the summary? I realize you said dark and depressing in the description, but had no idea how much! I've been a sobbing mess for the past two hours as I read! Again though, just Wow. Great work!
A Mad Phoenix chapter 6 . 5/21
So depressing... But well crafted and unique. This was an intriguing story and I liked the ending
discb chapter 6 . 5/10
Well written but unsure how I feel about this fic, there's aspects I rather liked and others I didn't... Either way, well done.
NaomiK chapter 6 . 4/14
This was brilliant. Though I am a bit mad Garry didnt get a happy ending, it did fit the story really well.
NaomiK chapter 1 . 4/14
Very interesting plot! And I'm really liking your storytelling style, even in this far more serious setting. It leaves some space to fill in the blanks :)
kase519 chapter 6 . 3/14
Dear god that hit me like a punch to the face. Off to read the omakes as soon as I stop crying.
SeikoTuNeR chapter 6 . 3/4
This was indeed a depressing read. But great story nonetheless. Honestly, my one complaint was Chloris' name. Maybe I'm just old but I kept reading "Clitoris".

Was that just me?
OBSERVER01 chapter 6 . 2/27
wow!quite original.
I love Jim! -his character/personality that is. "Fear" Jim said "Now that has got potential" Im not sure why I find that line so funny, but it is :)
JittottiJ chapter 6 . 2/19
One of the best AU I've ever read! No, scratch that, it's on the top, all the way up there between "And still can't stop hoping" and "Too young to die" in my great podium of glory that hails the mark of Zeus!

I simply love the ending, I cannot imagine it going another way! But that's maybe because I love the "dramatic/last resort/last hope suicide". Anyway, the fact is that I loved your writing so please, please write more!