Reviews for The Substitute
petalssunwards chapter 6 . 6/28/2019
Ohh..
I knew this was going to happen..
poor Golem Harry..
babythor chapter 6 . 5/30/2019
This is was magnificent. Never encountered an HP fic quite like this, and I am somewhat of a connoisseur of the Rogue/Isolated/and/or/Outcast!Harry trope. While I am legit the type to go look up tragic movie scenes on YouTube when I feel like I should be sad for a while, I’m not actually one to cry very easily. You actually wrung a few tears out of me with Harry’s struggle with identity and self-actualization.
After about halfway through the second chapter, I determined that I had three expectations for the many minor repercussions of the Potter Revelation. I wanted to know what would happen to the invisibility cloak; I wanted Harry to anticipate taking the tournament money to supplement the inaccessibility of the Potter family fortune; my third expectation was the only one that didn’t come to be. I wanted to see Harry cope with the realization that he can no longer cast a Patronus, because he can’t trust the memories of feeling how much his parents loved him—as if things weren’t angsty enough already.
The ending was fantastic. I read your deleted scenes, which was fun, but I 100% stand by the decision to end with Garry going out in an indisputably heroic blaze of glory. Part of me was hoping to find more reactions to his death and the manner of it in the outtakes.
funkyduckfoot chapter 6 . 5/10/2019
Bittersweet! TT
LightningFuryStrike13 chapter 6 . 1/31/2019
To Harry Potter. To the slayer of trolls, basilisks, dementors, and goddamn blast ended skrewts. To the true Triwizard Champion. We salute you.
gginsc chapter 1 . 1/28/2019
Not what I was expecting. I thought it would be another "decoy" Harry with hateful parents that don't care about him.
annasfanfic chapter 6 . 1/19/2019
WittyBasketcase chapter 6 . 1/16/2019
Ahhh
WittyBasketcase chapter 2 . 1/16/2019
Aw poor Harry! This is one of the most original premise
Brenden1k chapter 6 . 12/27/2018
We did not see the corpse maybe miracle can happen.
Kitty chapter 6 . 12/18/2018
Good story but ending sucked monkey balls. Never would have read it had i known.
mrsProbie chapter 6 . 12/11/2018
As I was nearing the end of this chapter, I started to wonder how many could be left, where this could go, how this would be fixed. I hate you for putting everything in his reachNeville, Hermioneand then just WHAM. But this was a wonderful (heart-breaking) read. Thank you for it.
AgentKalGibbs chapter 6 . 12/10/2018
HOLY CRAP DUDE THAT WAS FLIPPIN’ AMAZING!
AgentKalGibbs chapter 4 . 12/10/2018
Poor Fleur and Gabrielle T_T
AgentKalGibbs chapter 3 . 12/10/2018
Dude, the twins calling him Garry made me snort my drink out my nose...! XD
AgentKalGibbs chapter 2 . 12/9/2018