Reviews for The Substitute
IronHair chapter 6 . 3/28/2018
Way back in 2012!
My review from then:
You did mention that the prophecy doesn't apply here, but it wud be ironic if voldemort had a free reign once golem Harry dies... After all he was marked between neville and himself
IronHair chapter 6 . 3/28/2018
Powerful and .made me sad.
Masterfully written, esp his final thoughts and actions.

What's the afc?

Edit. See, I commented on this story ages ago, but I don't remember reading this.
Going to Google search when I read .
ironhair chapter 1 . 3/28/2018
Wow, this did seem a bit depressing and dark, as you warned it might be.
EmeraldsandLilies chapter 6 . 2/10/2018
This was gorgeous but seriously broke my heart into so many tiny pieces :(
BiGDeal chapter 1 . 1/14/2018
Not the traditional happy ending but one that is pure Gryffindor. I definitely did enjoy this story and am looking forward to any new stories. Sad to say this but I'm going to. stop reading your stories but catch up on the ones that I am writing and reading. Favouriting you in case you post again. Best wishes for the coming year.
Guest chapter 6 . 1/2/2018
The ending is too unfair to G-arry and I don't understand the point of the story. He did everything for the magical world but still died. And what did he achieve? Why didn't James and Lily take their responsibility since they created him?
DarkBalance chapter 6 . 12/23/2017
I had this feeling Harry might die in the end v.v I mean, honestly, there really was no other way for him to go.
Guest chapter 6 . 12/14/2017
The end was effectively highly expected.
Thank you ! It was an original idea.
SomeNobody chapter 6 . 10/1/2017
Motherfucker what. Not even the reactions, how sad.
kimjo2 chapter 6 . 9/21/2017
Again wow. I did see this coming but not till part way thru this chapter. Great story. Thanks so much
battybiologist chapter 6 . 9/16/2017
What a great idea - with a bit of poetry at the end. I wish it went longer, really. For instance, it would be cool to see a plot about the golem body falling apart.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/17/2017
This reminds me of the Next Gen episode where the transporter duplicated Riker.
DaSalvatore chapter 6 . 8/4/2017
Not really a twist.

While I understand what you were going for, I have to say certain parts of the story falls flat. Not least of all the way the Potter children apparently are able to fall into being around others without any problems at all. The story also comes across as you having the idea of the ending (Golem Harry sacrifices himself to prove his humanity) and worked backwards from there. In a world where magical races and beings are dehumanised, absolutely -no one- supported Harry? Really?

In actual fact, this comes across more as a meta commentary of different Harry types. You have one who becomes powerful after being taught everything he needs (either journals, portraits or actual adults saving him), you have two different versions of a Harry who has secrets but with different ways of hiding those from the world, and you have G-Harry who is the one that gets shit on constantly before someone swoops in the save/help him.

I can see what you was trying to achieve with this and why some people absolutely love the story. Sadly, it does nothing but annoys me.
Hatrack1965 chapter 6 . 6/8/2017
Oh, shit!
ntalcenent chapter 6 . 5/7/2017
I like the ending, there is something eternally humanly satisfying about tragic, noble self sacrifice. If it were not so Shakespeare wouldn't be so popular and the Edding's couldn't have gently mocked it in the Belgariad series. That this sentiment doesn't remotely establish proof of Golum Harry's human nature and all that lack entails is simply an added bonus for the twisted bit of my mind.
859 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »