Reviews for One Shining Moment
Raven Aorla chapter 3 . 6/17/2010
And thank you for giving Martha her due without slamming Rose. Martha simply knew the Doctor at a bad time of his life.
Raven Aorla chapter 2 . 6/17/2010
THANK YOU! This moment was MISSING! RTD had Jack hug Mickey but not Rose, which was inexcusable despite the fact that I otherwise quite liked the two-parter.
damsel-in-stress chapter 5 . 3/23/2010
This story is lovely.

It is really heartwarming and beautiful and sweet and a perfect little ending.

I loved the one with Sarah Jane. "You all mean that much to me, Sarah." he reminded her softly. "Every one of you. You, Harry, the Brigadier…and all the others, before and after." - I adore that line. So poignant and true.

And Donna marrying Lee was a wonderful touch! Made me smile.

Thanks for sharing!

~Damsel :)
PhoenixRe chapter 5 . 1/17/2010
Brilliant. Very good. I especially liked the last two chapters although I have mixed feelings about the appearance of Lee but I do like him and it's only proper after what she had to sacrifice...
CountryGrl chapter 5 . 1/16/2010
Yes! *that's* who Donna should've married. Go home, Shaun.

Sorry about that - where was I? Oh yes! I LOVE THESE! Each one beautiful in its own way - faved!
Mei1105 chapter 4 . 3/16/2009
I am such a bad person. I've only just found this story. Why, I have no idea, because it is a beautifully pure piece of creative genius, my dear!

Let me explain - they are such small loose ends, and yet you have managed to make them so significant and in such an amazing manner. I don't think I've seen someone get the Doctor's correct blend of silliness and seriousness down as well as here - he's obviously depressed (as anyone would be) but he's still hiding it with his usual bouts of randomness. The fourth chapter was obviously the key display of this, and yet despite how quickly the tale progressed, you got so much in it.

*hugs* Keep this up darling!

Tash
Tess27 chapter 4 . 3/8/2009
fab! i love it! great!

Tessa x
x-EmilyTennant-x chapter 3 . 11/23/2008
I love the way you had Martha thinking about Rose being human, with the jealousy and stuff. Very good. I love this, you're doing a brilliant job! More!
Laura Harkness chapter 3 . 11/23/2008
very nice indeed! i'm not a big fan of derivatives, but i, too, have been very interested in what would've (should've) transpired between jack and rose. not only did she turn him into an immortal (is he grateful that? it is a curse or a blessing?) but then she (along with nine, of course) abandoned him on the killing fields of the game station. poor jack! i still remember that last shot of his face as he heard the VWORP VWORP of the tardis.

so, to turn this back to you (and to stop rambling; sorry!).. i think this is a fantastic idea and you're doing an excellent job. your writing is top-notch (no complaints there) and your literary stretching of the original is graceful!

bravo!
xkissfromarosex chapter 3 . 11/23/2008
Really nice. Boring word to describe this fantastic story, but it's so simple and cleverly crafted. I was very upset when Rose and Jack had hardly any conversation in Journey's End, so I was delighted by the story. And I know what you mean about Martha. I like her, but I prefer Rose, definetly. Anyway, I'm definetly favouriting the story and I can't wait for more!
x-EmilyTennant-x chapter 2 . 11/15/2008
Marvellous! I was wondering when I watched the episode 'What the hell?' Because honestly, how long was it? And Rose WAS under the impression that he was dead, and had no idea he couldn't die, so what was with the lack of reunion? You did a brilliant job, and I could totally see how Jack would notice the change in her but not care. Beautifully in character, and I look forward to more :)
DramaDork21 chapter 2 . 11/15/2008
I agree; the moment of reconciliation and greeting between Rose and Jack was WAY overlooked. She hasn't seen him in who knows how long, don't just play that off! Hmmph.

However, your "fill-in-the-blank" moment was spot on... So completely Jack and Rose. I can definitely see this happening, it's adorable.

Nice job... I think I'll stick around and keep an eye on this one, because it gives me happy little butterflies seeing (reading..) the things we didn't get in the show.

(And I know! Green? This changes everything... I need to go adjust my thinking here.)
x-EmilyTennant-x chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
I want baked goods from this review. Actually, I really don't care about baked goods, I'm just reviewing because I like this. I look forward to more; it's well written!