Reviews for The Broken Truth behind the Pretty Lies
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Laura, I'm sure you're furious with me for reviewing this, and even more so for saying I liked this, but I did. Because of the /concepts/ you put in it.

["It's not that they can't see, Harry, more that they don't want to."] Do you realise how brilliant that line is? I mean, it honestly sums up most of the human race in just one line. I really like how you wrote Hermione as explaining all of this to Harry, because I really can see that happening.

[you still think of people as black and white, when they are really many shades of gray] (I'm glad you wrote this many years before Fifty Shades came out...) I honestly loved that line, too. It's just perfectly said- we think of people as good and evil, kind and cruel, but really, most of us aren't either. We're not the heroes or the villians, we just may lean more toward one side or another. Some of the wording was a little awkward, but the points you made were great.
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Did DH really come out in '08? Wow. I actually haven't realized it was that long ago.

Argh, why is it that I dislike Hermione? Well, besides my dislike of Hermione, I enjoyed this.

"things you do.

"They don't have to face" - Personally, I would delete the quotation mark and just add the other sentence to the paragraph above. Cause things like that just annoy me, but that's your personal opinion and the author is always right.

My favorite line? : "the broken truth behind the pretty lies" - this one just stuck out to me. I'm not sure what it is, but I really, /really/ love it.

Overall, it was enjoyable :D
Selenehekate chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
Poor Harry! I understand his confusion and anger over that little boy's words. His life is abnormally difficult, and sometimes all people want is to be normal. So sad. Anyway, nice job!
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
I liked the beginning and ending quotes and the shades of gray part, because I only believe in shades of gray- nothings ever black and white.
harry-ron-hermione-fan-101 chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
wise ol' Hermione This really seems like something Hermione would explain to Harry, so YAY YOU, great fic
Stary0706 chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
Interesting... keep it up!

*Stary
sh0egazer chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
Interesting. Keep writting.
sick-atxxheart chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
This was good... Nicely written. It could relate to a lot of things in life, not just in Harry Potter fanfiction- and that is hard to achieve. Good job.