Reviews for On the Beach at Night
chucksara4ever chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
There are several stories on this site for chuck (the only ones i am interested in) that bring me to tears. This one doubly so as you not only kill Sarah but her unborn son aswell and as somone who has suffered through the loss of a daughter this was especially poinient as we had to explain to my 2 sons what happened to there sister. Your writing this bought all those feelings back.

This is meant as a good thing as as one of the other reviewers said the purpose of any story is to make one feel and this certainly did this in spades.

Thank you for making me feel.
jagged1 chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Very poignant, Natty. Since the point is to evoke emotion from the reader, no matter how sad, I would say you succeeded. Well done!
brickroad16 chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
Wow. That was sad, but really well-done. I can take a story where Sarah and her son die (doesn't mean my heart's not broken), but I can't really handle when Chuck has to explain to his four-year-old what death is and why her mommy isn't coming back. Great job.

Nice incorporation of Whitman's poem. :)
obessed1294 chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
really good, but really sad! nice job!
Nemo30 chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
Great writing! So sad, that my own heart was actually hurting!
Shrimpy Kay chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
No, not a crack fic at all. But very good-especially because had it been a story that was supposed to be depressing and wasn't, well, thats not a very good story, now is it? This was really sad :-(

When you said "I wrote THE SADDEST THING last night" I didnt think you meant... well, THAT sad. But I prob. shouldve been able to figure it out...

-goes off to sulk in a corner-
jessclifton chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
Jesus that was a depressing way to start my day. Good fic! Very sad :( I'm assuming that there were labor complications. Question: why isn't Chuck more upset that he lost his son too?
tshdow chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
awe, how sad. Was a good story Natty. Thanks
zDart chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
Darn you and your extremely good... but terribly depressing stories!

Keep up the good writing. ]
Shawnny chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
Wow...that was pretty heart-wrenching. Thanks for writing Natty.
BillAtWork chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
Wow, wow, wow. This is as good as it gets.