Reviews for All For The Want
Kanon58 chapter 6 . 2/22/2014
so tense! for some reason there is a nataliaxluke here OAO
Kanon58 chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
omg interesting :OO finally found an interesting fic!
brica chapter 6 . 1/17/2013
I really like this.

... and I haven't got anything more to say, this time...
Sailor Pandabear chapter 6 . 1/17/2012
Gorsecloud chapter 6 . 2/24/2011
I'm like your beta. I hate downer endings. And yet the writing is so good that I just can't... I still end up reading it, right to the end. It's like watching a video of some kind of natural disaster... horrifying, yet somehow...

This one was particularly heartbreaking, moreso than any of the others, though Chapter 5 does come pretty close. It's like... five times the heartbreak. No one ends up happy. Too many people end up bitter or broken. Or dead. Damn... the segment from Guy's perspective made me cry.

I guess one thing though, that doesn't make sense to me is why Jade would tell Luke he is indeed insane and it was only going to get worse - especially since the "second" voice should have been identified as Asch already at the Oasis, whom Jade knew was Luke's original. I suppose that he might have not wanted to spill the truth to Luke or played with his head, and didn't anticipate Luke's reaction- that he would take it as seriously as he did.

The other thing I wonder about is whether Van would have actually accepted Natalia's help in that case... if he's trying to fulfill the Score to his own advantage, she wouldn't have fit, and if that were the case then he willingly sacrificed himself, not knowing for sure if his plans would be completed? Not to mention were they both killed in the backlash, or how did Jade, Tear and Ion survive?

Just goes to show that you don't have to like something for it to be good...
Firehedgehog chapter 6 . 2/24/2011
great update, yet i strangely hate this chappy *is a luke fan*
Nexus the 13th chapter 2 . 11/7/2010
If theres no replicas how can Ion be alive? The original died from an illness before the game and was quite the bastard. Seems like your useing the replica Ion.
Kasan Soulblade chapter 5 . 10/21/2010
I thik the best thing I like about your stories isn't the prose (though I'm not saying it's bad, far from it) so much as the thought behind the prose. You supply well thought out essays between vivid snipits of setting and scenes. Talking about very dark, and realisitc "what if" scenarios that could flawlessly fit in the Tales of Abyss timeline. By addresing these theroy as we see them in the game such as the nature of hyper resonence, the contamination effect, and the Score itself, you touch on the celesital power (Lorelei)that is the root of the game itself. The game shows us the human ellement, the characters are shown to us and through them the Score is opposed in wildly different means and the characters are the vessel of that defience. And while that's well and good an utterly nessescary for understanding...

I like what you do better. It's a sequel of sorts, as captivating as the original, though the characters are trapped in the pivital moments of thier failing past. Humanity doesn't really dodge the Score's bullet, Yulia's foretold destiny is still the route, and though Lorelei seems to want the best it seems worn out, and thus we see the worst, as everything falls to pieces time and time again.

My only issue with this chapter would be the battle scene between Asch/Lorelei and the group... you state that Tear was struck down (I thought she was dead) then you turn around and have her singing the fonic hymn like a sentence later... to say that I was confused for a moment would be an understatement. Perhaps a transition, a little more detail in the battle to show tht Tear was merely wounded could help that out? Or you could leave it I suppose. After all... the perspective is a bit hazy, a wonderful reflection of Luke/Asch/Lorelei's failing sanity in my opinion.

But then... that's just my opinion I suppose.

Till next chapter then.

Kasan Soulblade chapter 4 . 6/17/2010
I have to agree, with your speach on the progression of Tear's character. I was rather disapointed when all that great pre-Akzeriuth development was just stopped and Tear became fixated and never moved beyond "the perfect soldier" mindset and never really faced her isues with her brother and with Luke head on. She developed a little bit, but not as much as at first. This segment -had it been put into the game- could have changed it's whole tone and made it feel more... honest I suppose. Ah well. Thanks for posting this piece.

Kasan Soulblade chapter 3 . 6/14/2010
A bizzare, intriguing set of "what ifs" well thought out and well written. Quite a treat and beak from the norm. THanks for putting this up, I look forward to anything else you wind up writing.

My Solitude chapter 3 . 4/10/2010
What interesting alternatives for the new world. I really liked this story.
Firehedgehog chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
ohh... i liked
Tony WildRiver chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
hmm... that has some very serious potential. The writing is nice and clear with a minimum of mistakes and good attention to necessary detail. A good set-up for the story. I am curious to see how this goes. _