Reviews for Of Desk Lamps and Humanity
Kerowyn6 chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
Awwww... that's so sweet...
atA13th chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
I really, Really like this! you capture the essence of Pratchett's writing very well, even without you writing in his exact style :-)
Curuchamion chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
Awwww! This is my favorite Discworld fic ever, I think - and has been for quite a while. (I just never got round to reviewing before... I've forgotten my FFnet login. :S)
TheChocolateMuncher chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
I just love Death so much; I think I'm as fascinated by him as he is by us humans :) And of course he'd add the cat.
She Who Shines chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
Thank you for writing and sharing such a sweet, fun story about one of my favorite Hogfather characters. Perhaps you could try your hand at more Hogfather fanfiction (there especially isn't enough Teatime/Susan-as crazy as it sounds it really is fun to write and read about)? I can't speak for anyone else (though I'm sure they'd agree), but if you wrote another Hogfather story I'd jump with glee.
Gryffens chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
Wow, for something that wasn't intended to be a Terry Pratchett "tribute" you sure managed to nail his style, humour and twisted logic. This is a really good read.
Ceraby chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
I'm reminded of sea monkeys ... D Anyway cute fic. )
SilverInkblot chapter 1 . 2/11/2009
He added a cat. Of course he would. *loves Death*
gardensigernumbli chapter 1 . 12/28/2008

i can see Terry Pratchett rubbing off on you...

that's just the sort of thing i can imagine Death doing.
Shiro Ryuu chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
Very prettily done. Too deep for me, probably... But I love that Death is engaging in sub-creation; it's exactly the sort of thing he would do :)
youngtheo chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
i loved the way you wrote it. it was kinda dark, and sans-emotion, which is very Death. It was a good read, and very thought provoking.
Riordan and Lark chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
This is awesome! Reminiscent of a certain world view...*cough* universe in a box *cough* You really do imitate his style really well- it's so entertaining. Then again, we're not sure if it's really imitation: your own style has those elements, too. Can't wait to read more!
Charli800 chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
This was really well done! I think you've captured Death very well. Your style was very effective, but there are a few spelling/grammar type errors (eg. "paradoxal" instead of "paradoxical"). Maybe you should consider asking a beta-reader to look at your work?

Other than that, I'm really impressed.

Happy writing,

Some Lazy Dude chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
Actually quite nice. The death character is... wel... Death, which is how it should be. The experiment reminds me a bit of Science of the Discworld, I don't know if you've read it, in which the Wizards at UU creates an entirely new world, and this world is... *horror-theme* based on Logic.

Anyways, nice fic, keep it up :)
Morwen Tindomerel chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
Well if mere humans can create worlds, why not an archetype like Death?