Reviews for A New Beginning
The Genesis Riddle chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
The people don't actually vote for the President, the electoral college does. The people take a popular vote and more often than not the electors will vote for whom ever their state has decided on.
ILoveAnimeVeryMuch123 chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
My 10 year old brother was reading this, too, over my shoulder... I would scroll down and he would go "noo! slow down, I'm still reading it!" not sure if I should be creeped out or overjoyed that he takes interest in a shounen ai / light yaoi fic...

I'm up for Obama. The thing is, lots of people still have pretty strong negative views on africans and african-americans. Theres actually a lot of prejudice here. Hes in charge of the country and has to deal with it all, too. I admire him for that.
RandomDream chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
:)) :)) Sweet, funny, and weird.

Kudos. Thanks.
Asa Ayame chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
So cute and fluffy...although I'm not a fan of Obama. No offence I'm don't me to diss you or your political party *bows*.
TheLadyPendragon chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
I love this! I didn't think anyone would write an Obama related fic for KKM. xD It was great. The only thing that was slightly odd was Yuuri's use of affectionatewords. He and Wolf don't really seem the type to call one another 'love' or 'darling'. 'Wimp' is the closest Wolf has gotten to giving Yuuri a petname. Yuuri seems...I dunno, too mature, I guess. He's always a bit childish and imature in the fandom, remember. But it was cute. Maybe, when Yuuri gets older, and if he becomes more like Maou Yuuri, he'd be more like this. xD Great job, though.
kingdomhearts222 chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
-cheers even though its been three weeks since Obama won- BARACK OBAMA IS PRESIDENT ELECT! WOOT!

Well, you (and your friend) got most of that right but America isn't a direct diplomacy. We aren't voting for the president, but rather voting for a pool of electors chosen by either party to go to the Electoral College to vote for their state's elected candidate. You can consider them the "Nobles" who choose a "Maoh."

Amd Wolf had it right when he said “You mean they let the commoners pick their own ruler?” and “You can’t run a country that way. What if they pick wrong? They’d be stuck with an incompetent ruler!”

If America was a direct democracy, the people would have too much power and there wouldn't be a way to control the "mob" and its feelings. With having the Electoral College, this keeps the people from creating some new form of an English monarchy.

And also, the thing with the last two elections was one: because the Supreme Court was stupid and halted the recount in Florida, giving Bush the electoral votes Gore was suppose to get. He was only 600 votes off which was stupid. And two: in his second run, people were so determined to get him to finish the mess he made and nobody thought their vote would count if they voted for Kerry.

I hope that makes sense. Please don't change your story though. It seems the whole first part of the story was around how Wolfram can't understand how America can let the people decide stuff.

Now for my criticism.

Pros:

* OBAMA!

* I thought it was cute Yuuri knew so much about his birthplace's politics yet he doesn't even understand his own country.

* You mentioned my retarded state's stupid decision on Prop 8 which helps get the word out that if Ellen can get married, everybody should be able too!

* The way Yuuri and Wolfram interacted with each other was really cute too.

* YEAH! YUU-CHAN AND WOLF ARE GETTING MARRIED! HOW SWEET AND CUTE AND AH! -squeals-

Cons:

* I think it would have been more sentimental if it was Conrad with Yuuri when Obama won. Okay, okay...I just don't have a fondness for Yuuram like most people do. I still think it's cute though, don't get me wrong. I just think Conrad fits with Yuu-chan better.

* Yeah, like I said before, the voting part is off but I didn't even understand it until I learned it in school.

* Yuuri is slightly OOC, but it wouldn't be fanfic if he wasn't! D

And that is my review! I say it was very good and very adorable and AH! OBAMA WON AND YUURI AND WOLFRAM ARE GONNA GET MARRIED IN AMERICA! D
TRU chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
Oh that was so sweet lolz
Random Reviewer chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
Awesome! Ha, that was hilarious.
Yuka Hasumi chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
man.. you don't know how hard it was to review this.. my stupid totally refused to let me! Finally, after countless hours, i can review this! :D

i REALLY love this! politics never interested me before! :P and the fact that you support Obama makes it even better! :D

Love the disclaimer! hehe.. i only wish you wrote the juicy details that made Wolfram scream all night long (winks)...

all in all, great yuuram fic!
rein hitomi chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
It was a nice story, what with the politics and all. I must be honest though, I never really did like politics, but because of the YuuRam present, well.. [Yep, I'm shameless.
XEOHE chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
Haha... I don't think I've paid this much attention to politics before: thank you YuuRam! Hahahaha... this is so-o-o-o cute! It's nice to see that Wolfram has been able to put an end to his jealousy fits, and I SO love the Yuuram..
The JohhnyMcKilt Productions chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Aw man, this was fantAstic! I think I love you now. Yuuri being an Obama supporter amuses me to no end.
Marianne Blacklands chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
aww haha this one is very interesting! :) Yuuri and Wolfram are such a cute couple 'cause they can make even politics look interesting! XD
Guest chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
"Mr. Obama currently owns himself, but will later be public property of the United States of America." Haha.
adiosyesterday chapter 1 . 11/8/2008